[GUIDE] [Splitfus2] [Cygwin] How To install Cygwin/Splitfus2 To Split Stock Firmware

Search This thread

TheFixItMan

Jul 8, 2012
London
Thanks for the help. But the phone is not coming up on odin. I have installed the drivers. The phone has put on Android system recovery <3e> an it is not activated on debugging mode because cannot switch on the phone to activate it.

I have tried copying the split files to the sd card but no luck.

may be i am doing something wrong here.

any help?
What else i can do?

Odin uses download mode NOT recovery mode

You enter download mode by turning phone off or pulling the battery then press and hold vol down and home button then with those pressed also hold the power button
Connect the usb to pc then press vol up to start connection and open odin

Please search for how to use odin

Also instructions can be found on my firmware thread for galaxy y - link on first post and in my signature

You also need Samsung usb drivers installed - again link on my firmware thread

chan75

Aug 24, 2014
Samsung Galaxy Ace

Thanks for the reply. I managed to get to the downloading mode but cannot get it connected to the PC. I tried updating the drive but it on device manager it is saying got installed the proper driver. I am not sure what to do to get it connected to the pc.

Last edited:

TheFixItMan

Jul 8, 2012
London
Thanks for the reply. I managed to get to the downloading mode but cannot get it connected to the PC. I tried updating the drive but it on device manager it is saying got installed the proper driver. I am not sure what to do to get it connected to the pc.

read the full instructions on my firmware thread which has the link to the correct usb driver and what to do if you are using windows 8.1 - cant help you anymore than that - if its not showing a connection in odin you haven't got the drivers installed/user error or have a faulty usb cable/port

galaxys s

Dec 26, 2011
HCM CiTy
Redmi Note 9 Pro
read the full instructions on my firmware thread which has the link to the correct usb driver and what to do if you are using windows 8.1 - cant help you anymore than that - if its not showing a connection in odin you haven't got the drivers installed/user error or have a faulty usb cable/port

hi @Recognized Contributor I run cygwin error - now I want to remove cygwin packages folder in my pc xp to reinstall, how to ??? please help me - big thanks

chan75

Aug 24, 2014

Thanks for the help.

Finally I managed to get life to my phone. The mistake I done was using Odin 4.38 and not 3.07. After installing that it worked perfectly. Thanks again

TheFixItMan

Jul 8, 2012
London
Could it be made to support SM-T210 and I9505 pls?

Thanks

I don't own this software - I highly doubt it - Most new Samsung phones will support single file flashing - place the firmware in the pda section

This was developed for phones of a similar nature that didn't support single file flashing - I did not develop this tool so if you require any of its source code you will need to contact Doky73

shayind4

Mar 24, 2008
London
I don't own this software - I highly doubt it - Most new Samsung phones will support single file flashing - place the firmware in the pda section

This was developed for phones of a similar nature that didn't support single file flashing - I did not develop this tool so if you require any of its source code you will need to contact Doky73

Thanks

Karouseki Jin

Dec 17, 2013
is it possible to splitfus the Shv-E270k(galaxy grand olleh variant)

please i really need an answer.
im using the dokdo project rom.
and wifi problem occured.

if its possible i try to fix it by flashing the modem of stock rom.
to fix the dokdo rom issue
:confused::confused::confused:

TheFixItMan

Jul 8, 2012
London
please i really need an answer.
im using the dokdo project rom.
and wifi problem occured.

if its possible i try to fix it by flashing the modem of stock rom.
to fix the dokdo rom issue
:confused::confused::confused:

supported phones are listed on the first post

unlikely - its probably wifi driver lib file/kernel issue

flash your stock rom via what ever method it is for your phone - samsungs use odin to flash firmware others use fastboot

next time remember to make a backup!

please dont ask me how to - I dont have your phone - google is your friend

SamdAbnormal

Sep 3, 2016
Motorola Edge 20 Lite
When I am trying to download splitFUS from the given link in the thread, the file which is downloaded is of format .zip.apk and of size 407kb approx.
Where can I get the splitFUS file ?
I have a S6102 model

Last edited:

TheFixItMan

Jul 8, 2012
London
Iv found my copy of this and re-uploaded it as an attachment in the first post

Please note I no longer support this device

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    How To install Cygwin And Use Splitfus2

You can download any stock rom package for galaxy y from Sammobile and use Splitfus2 to split it into odin flashable parts

Skip how to install Cygwin if you already have it set up but if you run into problems later come back to this and set up Cygwin again properly

How to install Cygwin Properly
    uninstall any version of Cygwin you currently have installed

now install Java SE Development Kit 7 from here

now download the 32bit x86 version of Cygwin from here

Run the setup and make sure you install all the packages by clicking the arrow at the top that changes everything from default to install all
    Make sure you have selected the root of your harddrive to install it in Cygwin folder for eg c:\cygwin
    Now you can install cygwin

For detailed video instructions watch http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=sYJMdHPD410 (skip the bit at end about setting up kitchen - you just want Cygwin)

How To Install Splitfus2 And Run It
    Download Splitfus2 attachment
    now navigate to C:\cygwin\home\your username
    create a folder called splitfus

3340k76.jpg

unzip the Splitfus2 zip and place the containing splitfus2.exe and _base folder in the splitfus folder
    place the stock firmware you want to split also in the splitfus folder

b4f0q0.jpg

run Cygwin

type cd splitfus

2435nk5.jpg

now type ls

29yfvki.jpg

type ./splitfus2.exe -w S5360nameofyour firmware (note to make it easier just type S5360 then press the tab key and it will auto compleate - also note it is case sensitive and it starts dot then a forward slash)

2wbvkfm.jpg

now your firmware will be split and output in a zip file to your splitfus folder
    unzip and use in odin

f2lpat.jpg

You can find already split firmware and links to dokys original threads here

Supported Models
    B5510
    S3300
    S5360
    S5360B
    S5360L
    S5360T
    S5363
    S5369
    S5570I
    S5830i
    S6102

credits
    doky for splitfus2
    gitagaire for youtube video
    hi,

i'm trying to split the latest UK galaxy ace firmware: S5839iBUMG1_S5839iVOPMG1_S5839iBULK1_HOME.tar.md5

is this possible as i've tried without luck or does splitfus not support s5839i

does it only split s5830i and not the above

iv added the supported models to the op the s5839i is not included - the best person to contact is doky as he created this programme to see if there is a way to easily add your phone model

i dont know if you can simply copy the s5830i file in the base folder and rename the copy to s5839i - iv no idea if it will work and it may cause damage to your device if the phones are different in terms of mount points and partitions
    I have made a video on how to setup Cygwin Kitchen on linux in less than a minute.

Here's the link to the video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z45ocbB7e24

I have mentioned everything in detail in the description of the video.

Maybe you can add it if you find it useful!

this thread is for using splitfus2

if you had the splitfus2 linux version and guide I could add it to this thread

by all means create a seperate thread for setting up kitchen on linux
    just as a note Cygwin is a linux terminal emulator for windows - its not for linux
    Thanks for correcting my mistake!

I found that sir Doky has already made a tutorial: http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=25130022&postcount=2

thats ok - I recreated tutorials in a simple step by step form and also reuploaded files as the files on dokys threads now no longer work due to hotfile being closed down
    as per above procedure i was trying to install cygwin on my win7 pc but the installation was unsuccessfull. after downloading cygwin setup.exe and running & trying to connect through direct internet option then selecting mirror link, the download not started. i have tried several link given in setup installation windows also my internet connection are working properly. so is there any way to install this program without internet connection i mean to say just downloading on another pc & installing it in another. and also i want to ask u that is after installing cygwin setup i think there is window to select package so which are the package i should have to select. my main concern to ask this is, as you have suggested me in another thread make odin flashable rom package for my samsung galaxy y pro duos GT B5512 downlaoded from sammobile.com
    please help us!

follow my instructions on the op for installing cygwin
    you do not need internet to install cygwin
    download the package from the link given in the op
    run the setup
    select install from a package folder on harddrive
    select the package folder you have downloaded from the link given in the op (the same as the setup.exe)
    DO NOT DOWNLOAD THE PACKAGE FROM THE CYGWIN SETUP! INSTALL FROM HARDDRIVE!

also B5512 is not in the support list but B5510 is - I dont know if you can use B5510 firmware on B5512