[Q] Issue installing SEAL ROM on SM-T210R

Search This thread

savidon

Feb 26, 2014
Hi all ... I am working with a Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 7.0 (SM-T210R) and was interested in speeding the device up.

I flashed TWRP 2.6.3 and rooted and then tried to flash the SEAL ROM after watching the video.

During the install. I got a bunch of errors ... I don't have a screenshot, but it said the following:

ASSERT FAILED package_extract_file ("boot.img") ...
E: Error Executing updater binary in zip '/external_sd/ROM/SEAL V2 Official.zip' ....
Error Flashing Zip 'external_sd/ROMS/SEAL V2 ...

Luckily, the backup is working fine and I was able to restore.

I finally was able to flash a debloat script that I saw on XDA to speed it up a bit, but I really wanted to try this rom.

Any ideas are appreciated. Thanks very much.

gr8nole

Oct 9, 2010
Lynchburg, VA
Hi all ... I am working with a Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 7.0 (SM-T210R) and was interested in speeding the device up.

I flashed TWRP 2.6.3 and rooted and then tried to flash the SEAL ROM after watching the video.

During the install. I got a bunch of errors ... I don't have a screenshot, but it said the following:

E: Error Executing updater binary in zip '/external_sd/ROM/SEAL V2 Official.zip' ....

I finally was able to flash a debloat script that I saw on XDA to speed it up a bit, but I really wanted to try this rom.

Try removing any spaces in the zip name.

savidon

Feb 26, 2014
Try removing any spaces in the zip name.

Thanks for the suggestion .. I just tried that and got the same errors.

Strange.

FWIW .. I also had issues trying to install the RocketTab ROM as well. Different problem, but still never worked. As I said, I was able to flash a debloat script that seems to have helped with the performance somewhat but still not great.

Thanks again.

tsg2513

Oct 15, 2010

I followed these directions (minus the rooting, as the ROM is already Rooted) yesterday and installed RocketTab 3.1 without a hitch:
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2660588

savidon

Feb 26, 2014
I followed these directions (minus the rooting, as the ROM is already Rooted) yesterday and installed RocketTab 3.1 without a hitch:
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2660588

I've tried RocketTab multiple times ... and after flashing I get a message that the device appears to not be rooted, and offers to install SuperSU ... whether I say install or not, after I reboot ... the tablet freezes on the Samsung opening screen. I have no idea what else to try.

Thanks.

gr8nole

Oct 9, 2010
Lynchburg, VA
I've tried RocketTab multiple times ... and after flashing I get a message that the device appears to not be rooted, and offers to install SuperSU ... whether I say install or not, after I reboot ... the tablet freezes on the Samsung opening screen. I have no idea what else to try.

Thanks.

Did you check the MD5 of the zip, it could be a bad download.

Sent from my SCH-I605

savidon

Feb 26, 2014
So I re-downloaded the SEAL ROM files and this time it installed without any errors, but I still got the not rooted message when I tried to reboot the device in TWRP. Again, whether or not I choose to install SuperSU, it hangs on the Samsung Galaxy Tab screen and I need to boot back into recovery and restore from backup to get working again.

For some reason, the root in the ROMs is not taking or something? Is that what is causing the problem? Does that make any sense?

Any other ideas? Thanks again!

Last edited:

gr8nole

Oct 9, 2010
Lynchburg, VA
So I re-downloaded the SEAL ROM files and this time it installed without any errors, but I still got the not rooted message when I tried to reboot the device in TWRP. Again, whether or not I choose to install SuperSU, it hangs on the Samsung Galaxy Tab screen and I need to boot back into recovery and restore from backup to get working again.

For some reason, the root in the ROMs is not taking or something? Is that what is causing the problem? Does that make any sense?

Any other ideas? Thanks again!

Sound like the system is not flashing correctly. Maybe try a different recovery.

Sent from my SCH-I605

savidon

Feb 26, 2014
So here is the latest update in my custom rom saga ...

I downgraded TWRP to 2.6.1 .. and attempted to re-flash both SEAL and RocketTab. Both installs seemed to complete without any errors this time, but after rebooting, my device froze on the Samsung Galaxy Tab logo screen .. before the boot animation. This happened for both the SEAL and RocketTab roms. I also no longer got the not rooted error message, so it looked like it was fine.

Any thoughts on why these custom roms are not booting? I appreciate the help.

I restored back to my de-bloated stock backup, and it works fine. A little faster definitely, but not speedy by any means.

Thanks again.

trazfer

Aug 1, 2013
Philippines
Try philz touch recovery. I also had problems with cwm and twrp. But philz touch does the charm for me.

Sent from my SM-T210R using xda app-developers app