Custom Rom Problem

Search This thread

diando

May 5, 2013
Everytime I install a 4.4.2 ROM it works fine until I power-off completely. When I turn it back on the microphone and speakers stop working.

I can restart the phone and reboot to recovery and everything is fine.

Of course my phone is a d2att. I only seem to get it working again is when I restore a Nandroid backup of the stock ROM then reinstall the custom ROM.

Can someone tell me a permanent way to solve this problem so I can power off with my custom ROM?

SeanHacker

Sep 7, 2010
Portland, Oregon
Everytime I install a 4.4.2 ROM it works fine until I power-off completely. When I turn it back on the microphone and speakers stop working.

I can restart the phone and reboot to recovery and everything is fine.

Of course my phone is a d2att. I only seem to get it working again is when I restore a Nandroid backup of the stock ROM then reinstall the custom ROM.

Can someone tell me a permanent way to solve this problem so I can power off with my custom ROM?

You really haven't given any information that would help to diagnose your issues. Without information it's pretty much impossible to help you.

1.) What ROM?

2.) Fully wipe?

3.) Have you made any modifications that could conflict?

4.) Ect...

diando

May 5, 2013
You really haven't given any information that would help to diagnose your issues. Without information it's pretty much impossible to help you.

1.) What ROM?

2.) Fully wipe?

3.) Have you made any modifications that could conflict?

4.) Ect...

I've installed Validus, C-ROM, CM11, AOKP.

None of them seem to have sound working on restart. I've tried re-flashing 4.1.1 stock via Odin then reinstall those ROMs but it never seem to work. Still have that problem after it is turned off.

I've fully wiped the phone clean every time.

Sound on the stock ROM works fine.

SeanHacker

Sep 7, 2010
Portland, Oregon
Not really sure what to tell you as you seem to be one of the only users posting this type of issue as far as I can see. Maybe someone that has the same issue will chime in here.

Last edited:

diando

May 5, 2013
Not really sure what to tell you as you seem to be one of the only users posting this type of issue as far as I can see. Maybe someone that has the same issue will chime in here.

Also other notes

Using the Google Experience Launcher when I use the hotword "OK Google" the beep sound is scratchy.

diando

May 5, 2013
Made another discovery, @task650, I flashed the stock recovery while running C-ROM and wiped the cache and it restored sound every time - though wiping the cache in CWM did nothing. I'm going to try TWRP now.

EDIT
--

TWRP wipe doesn't work but it does seems like there's a problem with how the cache works on my phone. Hopefully 4.4.3 based roms won't have the same issues but I will stick to stock recovery for now.

Is there any way to get a CWM flashable zip of the stock recovery or nandroid file?

Last edited: