can't flash stock rom on Odin, stacked !! help!!!

Search This thread

david0916

Apr 27, 2013
Hi all, so I installed the cyanogenmod's new update, I used its in the system update, thought it will be pretty safe just like a stock android update, but then my phone stuck at boot screen. and I really don't have time to mingle with the system right now. I need the phone like 3 hours ago!! i downloaded the stock rom and try to use odin to flash it. then it gives me this error message.

I tried, change the cable, change usb port, change odin version, but nothing works so far. :((((

Please help !!

<ID:0/008> Added!!
<OSM> Enter CS for MD5..
<OSM> Check MD5.. Do not unplug the cable..
<OSM> Please wait..
<OSM> I747UCDLK3_I747ATTDLK3_I747UCDLK3_HOME.tar.md5 is valid.
<OSM> Checking MD5 finished Sucessfully..
<OSM> Leave CS..
<ID:0/008> Odin v.3 engine (ID:8)..
<ID:0/008> File analysis..
<ID:0/008> SetupConnection..
<ID:0/008> Initialzation..
<ID:0/008> Get PIT for mapping..
<ID:0/008> Firmware update start..
<ID:0/008> aboot.mbn
<ID:0/008> NAND Write Start!!
<ID:0/008>
<ID:0/008> Complete(Write) operation failed.
<ID:0/008> Added!!
<OSM> All threads completed. (succeed 0 / failed 1)

audit13

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Jun 4, 2012
Toronto
You have the 4.3 bootloader on your phone? If you do, you can't use Odin to flash a stock ROM because it may brick your phone. You can only use Odin to flash a 4.3 stock ROM that had specifically been compiled for use with Odin.

kshef

Apr 15, 2011
You have the 4.3 bootloader on your phone? If you do, you can't use Odin to flash a stock ROM because it may brick your phone. You can only use Odin to flash a 4.3 stock ROM that had specifically been compiled for use with Odin.

Is there a 4.3 rom we can flash with odin? I attempted (stupidly) to flash stock after a CM11 nightly caused a bootloop and would not allow me to enter recovery. All I can do for the moment is enter download mode. Every rom I try to flash I get the same error along with the error on my phone reading:

SW REV CHECK FAIL : Fused 2 > Binary 0

Is there anything I can do?

EDIT: Finally found a fix. I flashed a rom from this thread.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1980683

Just go to their website and download the file for your specific model. After flashing my phone booted up in CM11 (what I previously had installed) but it crashed upon loading the lockscreen. Luckily I could enter recovery mode and do a factory reset. This fixed everything!

Last edited: