MIUI camera app for CM7 [New Version posted 5-28]

Search This thread

AcIdSaMa

Aug 30, 2011
This app fixed all my problems with my camera using the anti shake makes clear and perfect pictures now

E

enzotheresa

thanks. the original cm7 camera is really really sucks :)

Last edited:

_polimorph_

Jan 23, 2012
Jibou, Transilvania
I tried MIUI Camera TEST1 (with FFC) and got a FC opening the app. My config is Samsung Galaxy S3, i9300, CM10 4.1.2 (my device board codename is "m0")
I also tried on the same device and configuration the Fixed2 version and it worked flawless.
Please maybe someone can take a look at the error report (it says something about invalid int "null")? Thanks in advance.
http://pastebin.com/5m8H7qkw

thoughtlesskyle

Inactive Recognized Developer
Nov 26, 2008
Outside of Philadelphia
I tried MIUI Camera TEST1 (with FFC) and got a FC opening the app. My config is Samsung Galaxy S3, i9300, CM10 4.1.2 (my device board codename is "m0")
I also tried on the same device and configuration the Fixed2 version and it worked flawless.
Please maybe someone can take a look at the error report (it says something about invalid int "null")? Thanks in advance.
http://pastebin.com/5m8H7qkw

Your problem seems to be that you aren't running gingerbread, no fix for that

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    MIUI Camera v17 With Working Color Effects

Edit: I've also posted a test apk that allows many phones to switch to their FFC...Click here to try it out!

READ FIRST
    1) Android 2.3.3+ required
    2) Flashable zips and instructions for installing apk as a system app will replace original Camera.apk(to not replace, install apk as a user app)
    3) PM me or post any issues you come across
    4) If this works on your phone and it's not on the list already, let me know so I can add it

Attached Files
    1) apk - manually install as a user or system app
    user app: download to sdcard, navigate to apk using a file manager, select, and install
    system app using adb: download to comp, "adb remount", "adb push APK_FILE /system/app/Camera.apk", "adb shell chmod 644 /system/app/Camera.apk", reboot
    system app using root explorer: download to sdcard, long-press apk on /sdcard, rename to Camera.apk, long-press again to move Camera.apk, paste into /system/app, long-press apk to change permissions to rw-r--r--, long-press once more to change owner to 0-root/0-root, reboot​
    2) amend zip - download to sd card, reboot into recovery, flash, reboot
    incompatible recoveries: ClockworkMod v3.0+​
    3) edify zip - download to sd card, reboot into recovery, flash, reboot
    compatible devices: Eris, Hero, Desire, Incredible, NexusOne, Evo, Legend, Aria, Wildfire, myTouch 3G Slide, Droid/Milestone, & some others​

Works on:
    HTC: Hero, Eris, Nexus One, Incredible, Evo 4G, Desire HD, Inspire 4G, ThunderBolt, Incredible 2
    Motorola: Droid X, Droid 2
    Samsung: Galaxy S
    LG: Optimus One

Fixed:
    1) color effects options
    2) background for settings screens
    3) gap between options pop-up and main control bar

Known Issues:
    1) unable to switch to a FFC
    2) widescreen resolutions on the Droid X
    3) flash not working on desire hd, thunderbolt, others?
    3) layout alignment of pics/text on color effect option buttons(MDPI only?)
    4) possible hard resets related to auto-flash or color-effects...certain device(s)?
    5) touch focus with screen shutter option enabled will only focus at the center
    6) scene mode and whitebalance options not available/implemented
    7) silence setting doesn't disable "focus successful" tone

Edit: I've also posted a test apk that allows many phones to switch to their FFC...Click here to try it out!
    i found this in the hd2 section i used it on my EVO and it worked, then i tried it on my hero it takes widescreen shots like the sense camera and you can turn off the shutter sounds here are some pictures they were done real quick so sorry for the boring subject matter

none of this is my work just simply rebroadcasting it
    a thank you to burnmatoaka for posting the new version

IMG_20110307_171605.jpg
    IMG_20110307_171653.jpg
    Test APK

This is a test...not intended for general use!

I've attached a test apk that is a completely reworked mod of MIUI Camera v17 which has been pulled from the 1.7.15 release of MIUI so it has some improvements/changes over the Fixed2 version I posted before. Try it out if you are want and it would be great if you could provide some feedback. This test is mainly to see if people can switch to their FFC and see what all needs fixed. There are certain things that may not work so don't expect this test version to be a perfect.

Features(you might have more/other options on your phone):
    • slightly updated interface and appearance
    • color effects - none, mono, sepia, negative, solarize
    • "other settings" in camera preferences
      • white balance - auto, daylight, cloudy, incandescent, fluorescent
      • focus mode - auto, infinity
      • flicker reduction - auto, 50 Hz, 60 Hz, off
      • ISO - auto, deblur, ISO 100, ISO 200, ISO 400, ISO 800

Issues I've noticed in testing on my Eris:
    • trying to change to video mode causes a force close(only on the Eris?)
    • picture size settings screen is blank(only on the Eris?)
    • no scene mode options...night, sports, snow, etc
    • color effect option examples uncentered(MDPI issue I think)
    • gap between main control bar and options pop-up (another MDPI issue)

Please report back on what doesn't work for you and whether anything that didn't work previously now does. I'm most interested in FFC, flash, focus, pic quality settings, and the options in the "other settings" section of the camera settings screen. Also if the video camera mode works for you phone, that might be helpful to know.

Droid X users: if camera preview is blank, try going to settings and changing the resolution to one that is NOT widescreen
    Thunderbolt users: if FFC preview is blank, try going to settings and changing the resolution to 1280x1024

If you are just looking for a more stable version, follow the link in my signature.
    Here's a signed apk of version17 of the MIUI camera. I don't know if it is the latest, but it is newer than the others in this thread. Much nicer, too. Should install like any other apk...

http://db.tt/1vMbZHJ

[I for one welcome our new Android overlords ::: DInc::SLDC::x.2.15.00.04.08::CWM3.0.0.8::CM7latest::Chad's latest]
    edited zip file for anyone who wants

I edited the zip file for new recovery for those who dont know how to with the converter tool.