[ROM][Z3C] CarbonROM [OFFICIAL][5.1.1][CM Based + AICP|AOKP|Slim|Omni Features]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

zihinsiz

Oct 12, 2012
Istanbul
Hi,
I have unlocked bootlader and am trying to install this rom but Philz recovery shows "status 7" error when I flash the zip.
What is the problem, how can I flash the zip succesfullly?
Thanks in advance.

EDIT: It seems that the phone does not boot anymore. It does not enter into recovery mode either. It shows "Sony" and "Xperia" words on the screen and waits indefinitely.

Last edited:
Hi,
I have unlocked bootlader and am trying to install this rom but Philz recovery shows "status 7" error when I flash the zip.
What is the problem, how can I flash the zip succesfullly?
Thanks in advance.

EDIT: It seems that the phone does not boot anymore. It does not enter into recovery mode either. It shows "Sony" and "Xperia" words on the screen and waits indefinitely.

flash boot.img from carbon rom with fastboot, I´m not sure if carbon has cm or twrp recovery, just in case flash multi rom twrp with fastboot (you don't need to use more than one rom if you don't want), now you can reach recovery in usual way(vol +)

Reactions: zihinsiz

zihinsiz

Oct 12, 2012
Istanbul
flash boot.img from carbon rom with fastboot, I´m not sure if carbon has cm or twrp recovery, just in case flash multi rom twrp with fastboot (you don't need to use more than one rom if you don't want), now you can reach recovery in usual way(vol +)

I flashed stock kitkat with flashtool, then I saw your reply. I flashed TWRP and restored my backup and i am at the start point again. I will try again.

Can you provide flash boot.img and flash recovery commands? I am using linux, I flashed TWRP with command below in fastboot mode (connected usb cable with vol + pressed when the phone is off) but I am not sure about it. But it worked.

Code:
sudo fastboot flash boot fota-twrp2.8.5.0-z3c.img

Should I flash boot.img after "status 7" error? And should I run same command above, with filename boot.img?

Last edited:

FcukBloat

Jun 18, 2012
How can i install xposed in this rom? @moly82
you need xposed alpha for lp 5.1... here:
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=3072979

I flashed stock kitkat with flashtool, then I saw your reply. I flashed TWRP and restored my backup and i am at the start point again. I will try again.

Can you provide flash boot.img and flash recovery commands? I am using linux, I flashed TWRP with command below in fastboot mode (connected usb cable with vol + pressed when the phone is off) but I am not sure about it. But it worked.

Code:

Should I flash boot.img after "status 7" error? And should I run same command above, with filename boot.img?

fota img shouldn't be flashed as a kernel with the command you wrote afaik... easier thing to flash it btw is to install rashr from play store, and install the fota img directly via that app.. much easier and faster ;)

ps. it seems to me battery is not as good as in stock, so i may go back to stock at least for now :( others noticed the same?

Last edited:

Code:

Correct command for boot.img is fastboot flash boot boot.img
For fota recovery fastboot flash recovery recovery.img

Reactions: zihinsiz

zihinsiz

Oct 12, 2012
Istanbul
Correct command for boot.img is fastboot flash boot boot.img
For fota recovery fastboot flash recovery recovery.img

Thanks. I have managed to flash recovery, but in order to solve "status 7" error, I modified "update-script" in the rom. I deleted the assert expression at the beginning of the file. This time zip is flashed succesfully, after boot.img flash, it booted correctly.

jarayn

Aug 6, 2012
Very nice rom so far thanks.

The only real issue I have is the camera, more specifically the camera button. I want it to work properly. Any solutions?

Thanks

Gomezie

Feb 16, 2011
Very nice rom so far thanks.

The only real issue I have is the camera, more specifically the camera button. I want it to work properly. Any solutions?

Thanks

Agreed... I'd quite like to the get the stock (or 20MP Superauto modified version) of the sony camera with DRM on this rom, then it would be heaven too

Thanks. I have managed to flash recovery, but in order to solve "status 7" error, I modified "update-script" in the rom. I deleted the assert expression at the beginning of the file. This time zip is flashed succesfully, after boot.img flash, it booted correctly.

the problem occurs because CM does not call Z3C as aries but z3c, if default.prop in recovery defines device as aries it gives status 7 error, there is two solutions: one that you used and second to edit default.prop in recovery. But I don't think multirom twrp has this problem

Last edited:

Amr Nasser

Feb 16, 2012
Dubai
Important

Does " folder mount " app working properly with this Rom ??
can anyone test it for me ?? specially when moving " data " not " obb " folder

thanks

boojay

Oct 15, 2010
Agreed... I'd quite like to the get the stock (or 20MP Superauto modified version) of the sony camera with DRM on this rom, then it would be heaven too
Would that be possible? i.e. A bootloader unlocked custom rom with DRM-protected features still in tact? Like many, that's the only thing keeping me from unlocking the bootloader because I want to keep my camera's low light performance. Stock Sony is good enough for me, but the memory leaks are driving me nuts and who knows when they'll roll out 5.1.x?

hispanico957

Mar 14, 2011
You can have a comparison of a photo taken with this rom respect rom stock with locked bootloader?
I am really interest to try this new MOD but unlock bootloader can be the "real" difference ...

Hispanico

Gomezie

Feb 16, 2011
Would that be possible? i.e. A bootloader unlocked custom rom with DRM-protected features still in tact? Like many, that's the only thing keeping me from unlocking the bootloader because I want to keep my camera's low light performance. Stock Sony is good enough for me, but the memory leaks are driving me nuts and who knows when they'll roll out 5.1.x?

Im no developer, but you can patch drm back on a custom rom from what ive read.. and and I guess the camera is just an app mostly

Cheers

mrrflagg

Nov 15, 2013
The back of a truck
Bug?

@Myself5

I have noticed a bug, when I go to reboot the phone or reboot in to recovery the device shuts down and does not restart or go in to reovery.
I have to push the power button again to power up the phone and press vol + if I want to get to recovery.

I am using your M5 kernel in combination with the ROM if that may play any part in this issue.

Would it help to send you a bug report?

boojay

Oct 15, 2010
Im no developer, but you can patch drm back on a custom rom from what ive read.. and and I guess the camera is just an app mostly

Cheers
I'm aware that DRM features can be restored after unlocking the bootloader, but as far as I know, one must return to stock (and a relocked bootloader) in order for the features to work again.

Are you saying there's a DRM patch for unlocked bootloader that allow the camera to still function properly while on non-stock roms? Because I haven't been able to find such a thread/fix yet.

shafiq01

Oct 6, 2008
@Myself5

I have noticed a bug, when I go to reboot the phone or reboot in to recovery the device shuts down and does not restart or go in to reovery.
I have to push the power button again to power up the phone and press vol + if I want to get to recovery.

I am using your M5 kernel in combination with the ROM if that may play any part in this issue.

Would it help to send you a bug report?

Think it's a known cm12.1 bug, meaning you have probably alarm active, disable that and see!

Sent from my D5803 using XDA Free mobile app

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

CarbonRom is an aftermarket firmware based on the CyanogenMod and Android Open Source Project.

XzinYIT.png

We are dedicated to fast, stable, and feature-filled roms, honesty and communication with our users, and openness with our code. We like frequent builds, with the very latest and greatest hardware support and fixes. We strive to not only provide you with the best rom we can build, but also to give back to the Android community and our fellow developers. For us, this is about creating something we can be proud of and hope you will enjoy.

Please feel free to look at, build, and use our code on CarbonDev GitHub.

We would like to thank CyanogenMod for their device trees, framework/settings mods and their code that was incorporated into this project. We also extend our gratitude to the devs whose code that we have incorporated. Proper authorship has been maintained and can be viewed on our repository.

Special thanks also go to Slim Rom for some of their features, AOKP, and anyone else we may have borrowed commits from that hasn't been mentioned here. If you feel you have been unfairly left out, please - let us know.

While we make every effort to test these builds as much as possible, we are not responsible for anything that may happen to your device, family, pets, or perception of reality. We ask that you do your part to know your device and know how to recover from problems before you flash! If you have questions, ask your fellow users or ask us in #teamcarbon on freenode IRC.

Features:

CM Theme Engine

Wi-Fi notifications

Audio:
    AudioFX Equalizer
    AOSP & CM Audio features
    Slim Extra features like:
    Camera Shutter sound,
    Screenshot Sound,
    Safe Headset Volume,
    Less frequent notification sounds, etc.
    Volume steps,
    Audio charge notification

Display Options
    Adaptive Brightness
    Daydream
    Ambient Display
    Wake Up on Charge
    Double Tap to Sleep
    Omni Screen Recorder
    Color Calibration
    Expanded desktop

CM Notification manager
    Slim Heads Up Notifications and its features

LockScreen:
    CM shortcuts
    Slim shortcuts
    Weather with custom style

"CarbonFibers" features Menu:

Status Bar
    Slim Clock & Date Options
    Weather
    Battery Options
    (Portrait, Landscape, Circle, Dotted Circle Text or Hidden)
    Mobile & Wifi Network activity icon options
    Network traffic monitor
    Brightness control
    notification count
    notification ticker
    Custom carrier label options

CM custom Navigation Bar tweaked (size/color and other)
    Custom Navigation ring

Interface:
    Toast animations,
    Listview animations,
    System animations,
    Gesture Anywhere,
    App Circle Side Bar

Recents:
    Clear All Button Tweaks
    Hideable Google search bar

Slim PIE

Notification Drawer
    Tile Options (Fully customizable)
    SlimActions Tile
    Quick Setting Options
    Quick & Smart Pulldown
    Colorized Tiles

Power Menu:
    Advanced reboot
    Screenshot
    Screen Record
    Profile Switcher
    Airplane Mode
    User Switcher
    Settings
    Device Lockdown
    Sound Panel

Buttons
    Fully CM customization for hard buttons (tweaked)

Omni Wake lock blocker
    SuperSU - Huge thanks to @Chainfire

Download ROM from:
    Here you can find the latest build

Sources:
    On our GitHub

We would to thank especially:
    AICP and Davor Bertovic @LorD ClockaN
    The whole Carbon Team
    Cyanogenmod for their incredible work
    AOKP
    SlimRoms
    OmniRoms

Disclaimer: We are not responsible for any damages to your device or at something/someone else related.

XDA:DevDB Information
    CarbonROM, ROM for the Sony Xperia Z3 Compact

Contributors
    Myself5, CarbonROM
    Source Code: https://github.com/CarbonROM

ROM OS Version: 5.1.x Lollipop
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x
    Based On: Carbon|CM|AICP|AOKP|Slim|Omni

Version Information

Created 2015-05-29
    Last Updated 2017-02-12
    http://testing.myself5.de/z3c/CarbonROM/CARBON-LUX-UNOFFICIAL-aries-20160406-1933.zip

please note, it's completely untested as it was just a testbuild if my 6.0.1_r24 merges were compiling, I yet need to test if it actually boots, which however probably won't happen in the next days as I'm in my finals ATM.

Sent from my Xperia Z3 using Tapatalk
    @mrrflagg: Actually 5.1.1_r3 :)

@moly82: Very Nice and detailed post, thank you for that one. We will take a look at the issues and feature requests ASAP.

Sent from my Xperia Z3 using Tapatalk
    New Build is up

I just uploaded a new build, includes some new features and upstream code merge from CM.
    Have fun!
    New Build Uploaded

Hey folks,

After the long waiting I was finally able to get a new Build for you. It's uploaded already. However, at the current point we/I are/am not able to provide a full changelog, we still work on writing all that down.
    Happy flashing ;)

Regards
    Myself5