DevDB project: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2659436

Code:
Disclaimer:

Your warranty is now void.

I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.

Introduction

This module provides an S-Pen-only touch mode for Galaxy Note devices. I wrote this module for my girlfriend who had expressed frustration with the inability to draw naturally on her Galaxy Note 10.1 (with her wrist resting on the tablet). I cooked up this module to give her an easy way to switch between touch and no-touch modes while drawing.

The module works by injecting code prior to "dispatchTouchEvent" on both the Activity and View classes. If the name of the device sending touch events is "sec_touchscreen" the event is swallowed and never reaches the Activity or View (by returning false).

The module is toggled at runtime with the file "spenonly" on external storage. Included in the module is a floating, moveable toggle window that will create and delete this file for you for quick switching between modes.

Installation

• Download APK attached OR install via Google Play (Link)
  • Open the Xposed Installer and navigate to the Modules section
  • Enable "S-Pen Only [1.0]"
  • Reboot device

At this point the module will be enabled but turned off. To toggle the state of the module launch the "S-Pen Only" application which will pop-up a small floating window in the top-right corner of your screen with a single Switch widget. While the switch is turned on touch input will be rejected.

If you lose your Pen and cannot disable the module you can always remove the "spenonly" file from external storage via ADB or PC file manager.

Changelog

Code:
1.0:
Initial release

Downloads

Google Play:
S-Pen Only (Xposed Module)

APK:
DevHost

Source:
Github

Notes

Since the module is toggled via the presence of a file on external storage, applications that don't have READ_EXTERNAL_STORAGE probably won't work with this mod. Since most drawing applications save their files to external I haven't seen this present any real issue.

On a fresh installation you might need to toggle the module a couple of times if it's not working right off the bat.

This module uses the StandOutWindow library by Mark Wei: Github

Feeling generous?
Bitcoin: 1DyWDTgQGBRbjDrJXVsAQHf73u5x3io5JW
Paypal: http://goo.gl/bWSEo5

firegras

May 27, 2012
Perfect with mazecs3 Note 7

Thank you so much. I've been waiting a long time for this. It will really change the way that I use my Note 10.1.
Just started using it. But is flawless so far.

mrfrosty

Jul 15, 2008
This module is invaluable for those who draw and take handwritten notes. Also a fantastic deterrent for would be snoopers. (Sorry hunny, it's just better if you think my phone is broken) ;)

Sent from my SPH-L900 using xda app-developers app

apocalypse_bg

May 27, 2010
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold3
This is exactly what I needed, espesially in Photoshop Touch and S-Pen. Much better than the built-in Palm rejection.

Besides being manageable via Tasker (or Automated Device) a cool feature would be to switch the input method on pen in/out.

Thank you very much for this module, really increases the S-pen value..

Sent from my GT-N8000 using XDA Free mobile app

vns_firefly

Jan 6, 2014
This is exactly what I needed, espesially in Photoshop Touch and S-Pen. Much better than the built-in Palm rejection.

Besides being manageable via Tasker (or Automated Device) a cool feature would be to switch the input method on pen in/out.

Thank you very much for this module, really increases the S-pen value..

Sent from my GT-N8000 using XDA Free mobile app

I think this is exactly what you need. :)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    DevDB project: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2659436

Code:
    Disclaimer:

Your warranty is now void.

I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.

Introduction

This module provides an S-Pen-only touch mode for Galaxy Note devices. I wrote this module for my girlfriend who had expressed frustration with the inability to draw naturally on her Galaxy Note 10.1 (with her wrist resting on the tablet). I cooked up this module to give her an easy way to switch between touch and no-touch modes while drawing.

The module works by injecting code prior to "dispatchTouchEvent" on both the Activity and View classes. If the name of the device sending touch events is "sec_touchscreen" the event is swallowed and never reaches the Activity or View (by returning false).

The module is toggled at runtime with the file "spenonly" on external storage. Included in the module is a floating, moveable toggle window that will create and delete this file for you for quick switching between modes.

Installation

• Download APK attached OR install via Google Play (Link)
    • Open the Xposed Installer and navigate to the Modules section
    • Enable "S-Pen Only [1.0]"
    • Reboot device

At this point the module will be enabled but turned off. To toggle the state of the module launch the "S-Pen Only" application which will pop-up a small floating window in the top-right corner of your screen with a single Switch widget. While the switch is turned on touch input will be rejected.

If you lose your Pen and cannot disable the module you can always remove the "spenonly" file from external storage via ADB or PC file manager.

Changelog

Code:
    1.0:
    Initial release

Downloads

Google Play:
    S-Pen Only (Xposed Module)

APK:
    DevHost

Source:
    Github

Notes

Since the module is toggled via the presence of a file on external storage, applications that don't have READ_EXTERNAL_STORAGE probably won't work with this mod. Since most drawing applications save their files to external I haven't seen this present any real issue.

On a fresh installation you might need to toggle the module a couple of times if it's not working right off the bat.

This module uses the StandOutWindow library by Mark Wei: Github

Feeling generous?
    Bitcoin: 1DyWDTgQGBRbjDrJXVsAQHf73u5x3io5JW
    Paypal: http://goo.gl/bWSEo5
    Thank you, works like a charm.
    It would be great if it could be integrated to tasker to be automatically triggered when pen is out and turned off when pen in