[App][2.2+] Wave Control - Control your phone without even touching it

Search This thread

MarksThinkTank

May 1, 2012
Getting forced closures when I try to open your Play Store listing on my LTE Galaxy Nexus running Jelly Bean. uninstalling Wave Secure then reinstalling, but got the same problem. I tried clearing cache & data of both the Play Store and Google Services Framework, then rebooting the phone. The problem persists. It only happens with Wave Secure and Wave Secure Pro. I wasn't able to re-install the app from my phone, so I had to use the web Play Store.

Is it still crashing for you guys on Jelly Bean?

RockRatt

Aug 1, 2010
Is it still crashing for you guys on Jelly Bean?

Yes it still crashed when I had only your app available for an update. Later in the evening another /a few apps had updates available. I just hit update all and it worked without issue. For some reason if you try to view the app page is when it would crash.

Sent from My SGH-I777 Running Red Reaper Rom

RCranium666

Apr 16, 2012
Yes it still crashed when I had only your app available for an update. Later in the evening another /a few apps had updates available. I just hit update all and it worked without issue. For some reason if you try to view the app page is when it would crash.

Sent from My SGH-I777 Running Red Reaper Rom
Hi. I know this is an old thread but I couldn't find tech support for your app. I got the pro version and it's very cool. I noticed you can open apps and that works. However, with S-Voice and Google Now, after you open them once and they go into the background, you can't bring them to the forefront using your app. I hope you are still watching this thread.

Regards,

rc

Mersine

Sep 13, 2012
Cali
I purchased the app because it's great. I use this with bluetooth in the car all the time. However, recently the app has not been working for me. I hear the play sound on action but nothing occurs. Does anyone else have this issue or is it just me? I'm on AOKP JB 4.2.1 Build 2.2.2013b.

Last edited:

MarksThinkTank

May 1, 2012
Hi. I know this is an old thread but I couldn't find tech support for your app. I got the pro version and it's very cool. I noticed you can open apps and that works. However, with S-Voice and Google Now, after you open them once and they go into the background, you can't bring them to the forefront using your app. I hope you are still watching this thread.

Oh, interesting I hadn't used it with S-Voice to notice this behavior.

I'm working on some under the hood changes that get Wave Control to work better in the background. I just tried it with S-Voice and it works like it should. I'm still only part of the way done with this version but hopefully it won't take too much longer. Hopefully just a few days.

Let me know after the next update comes out if you still run into any issues.

I purchased the app because it's great. I use this with bluetooth in the car all the time. However, recently the app has not been working for me. I hear the play sound on action but nothing occurs. Does anyone else have this issue or is it just me? I'm on AOKP JB 4.2.1 Build 2.2.2013b.

Have you tried it with different music apps? Did it start misbehaving after you changed ROMs or after a Wave Control update?
Try to uninstall then reinstall the app. Also make sure you set the Target Media App in the Settings tab.

Oh, and which phone do you have?

Reactions: HunnyBearLewis

HunnyBearLewis

Mar 21, 2011
just stopping by to report that Wave Control is working nicely on my "ancient" G2 running AOSP 4.2.1. :good:

It's pretty badass to have my phone plugged into the sound system and only having to wave/hover to switch things up. :highfive:

Mersine

Sep 13, 2012
Cali

I'm working on some under the hood changes that get Wave Control to work better in the background. I just tried it with S-Voice and it works like it should. I'm still only part of the way done with this version but hopefully it won't take too much longer. Hopefully just a few days.

Have you tried it with different music apps? Did it start misbehaving after you changed ROMs or after a Wave Control update?
Try to uninstall then reinstall the app. Also make sure you set the Target Media App in the Settings tab.

I tried google play music and doubletwist player and uninstalled and reinstalled the app. I have an ATT SGS3 I-747 and will be trying a clean rom.

omarbenjdida

Jan 5, 2012
sousse
Works on my sgs but I have to be so close to my phone !! But good job it works fine

Sent from my GT-I9000 using xda premium

Mersine

Sep 13, 2012
Cali

I tried google play music and doubletwist player and uninstalled and reinstalled the app. I have an ATT SGS3 I-747 and will be trying a clean rom.

Ah I feel so embarrassed :eek:. The target media app was cleared and it works again.

Last edited:

RCranium666

Apr 16, 2012
Will do. I have a galaxy note2 with stock 4.1.2 JB on it btw. Your app works fine with jetplayer and other media players. It's just the voice control apps. Maybe I'll install speaktoit and vlingo to see if its only that class of app.

Thx

Last edited:

MarksThinkTank

May 1, 2012
V2.50 is out!

Just posted V2.50 to the Play Store

Changes:
-New 'Multitasker' actions: Toggle UI, Recent Apps and Cycle Apps
-Multitasker actions included in Pro or available as an Upgrade in free version
-Home action now works when other apps are in front
-Launch to Background works much better
-Auto Launch works much better
-Reorganized the Settings Tab a bit
-Polish Language added.. Thanks Marcin!

I really reworked the plumbing in the app so I hope I didn't break anything.

Check out the Recent Apps action, screen shot attached

Reactions: tabnnaj
D

Deleted member 4860695

On my Galaxy Note, the app is not responding to my waves or hovers. It just doesn't do anything. Also, when I test the proximity sensor, it doesn't recognize any movements. Do you know what can be the problem? Running stock 4.1.2 rooted.

Mersine

Sep 13, 2012
Cali
On my Galaxy Note, the app is not responding to my waves or hovers. It just doesn't do anything. Also, when I test the proximity sensor, it doesn't recognize any movements. Do you know what can be the problem? Running stock 4.1.2 rooted.

I had this issue. Try restarting the target media app then choosing your music player again.

D

Deleted member 4860695

I had this issue. Try restarting the target media app then choosing your music player again.

Tried it, but that doesn't work either. Seems like my proximity sensor doesn't respond to the movements. However, I have checked and the sensor works fine though. Any other solutions?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

MarksThinkTank

May 1, 2012
Tried it, but that doesn't work either. Seems like my proximity sensor doesn't respond to the movements. However, I have checked and the sensor works fine though. Any other solutions?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

Try to uninstall the reinstall the app. If that doesn't work, then wave over the sensor a few times and hit the Send Feedback button on the Info tab. That will send me some of the sensor info. I'm worried that Samsung may have changed their sensor values in 4.1.2 on the Note.

D

Deleted member 4860695

Try to uninstall the reinstall the app. If that doesn't work, then wave over the sensor a few times and hit the Send Feedback button on the Info tab. That will send me some of the sensor info. I'm worried that Samsung may have changed their sensor values in 4.1.2 on the Note.

Thanks! Reinstalling didn't work, but I will send you the sensor info. Hopefully it can be fixed, really love your app.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I've decided to take this out of incubation in the device specific forums and put it fully out there. All feedback is appreciated!

Update (10/11/2012): Half of proceeds from app sales from October will be donated to Breast Cancer Research
    More Info Here

Update (9/7/2012): New Tasker Support for changing profiles in Wave Control!

Update 31/08/2012: Jelly Bean users are getting force closes in the Play Store app when navigating to Wave Control -- The free version's apk is available to download on this post. Please if it's working for you in Play Store download from there.. I need the install count ;)

Wave Control uses the proximity sensor to detect hand gestures to control music/movie playback (free version) and more (paid version).

I developed this originally on the Note and luckily it happened to have one of the best proximity sensors (at least for my uses). Now I've moved on to the SGSIII and it works just as well! Works best on the SGSIII, Note and Galaxy Nexus. Not so great on HTC phones and SGSII due to their particular sensors (much slower).

Performance will vary depending on which sensor your phone uses. All HTC phones use the same slow one. Samsung uses about 3 different vendors and more models.. most are good, Sony is usually ok, Motorola is a mixed bag. I try to account for some of the differences in the sensors. But be aware you may have to wave at a different speed than in the youtube videos.

There are 4 basic gestures:
    -Hover
    -1 Wave
    -2 Waves
    -3 Waves

By default they correspond to Play/Pause, Next, Previous, Enable/Disable Controls respectively.

In the Pro version or upgraded free version, they can be remapped to any of those plus: Screen Toggle On/Off, Volume Up, Volume Down, Launch Google Voice Search, Fast Forward, Rewind, and do nothing.

Popular uses are:
    When driving, don't have to take your eyes off the road to try to hit a button
    When your hands are dirty so you don't smear crap all over your phone like when cooking or working on car
    While on the computer, you don't have to bother waking the phone to change the song (works even when the screen is off)

New
    Control music on your PC using foobar2000 controller Pro-- Now compatible with Wave Control
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.cav.foobar2000controllerpro

I'd like to see what you guys think of it. If you have any suggestions for new features or any feedback, I'd love to hear it.

Google Play Store Link:
    Free Version

Here are some youtube videos of it in action:

Coming Soon:
    Profiles

Permissions Needed:

Wake Lock: To work when the screen is off on some phones
    Read Phone State: To switch modes when phone is ringing or in-call
    Internet: For Ad Supported Version
    Access Network State: For Ad Supported Version
    Access Coarse Location: This is not GPS -- For Ad Supported Version
    Write External Storage: For Ad Supported Version
    Vibrate Used when app not in foreground or screen is off
    Write Settings: For Screen Toggle On/Off action
    Billing: For Upgrades Store
    V2.25 - Profiles!

I finally got past some major procrastination and added in profiles.

You can have up to 4 profiles.
    Each profile contains all the settings and the commands you assigned to each gesture.

How I'm using it:

Profile 1:
    Target Media App: Music Player
    Screen Off only mode

Hover: Play/Pause
    1 - Wave: Next
    2 - Wave: Screen On/Off Toggle
    3 - Wave: Enable/Disable​

Profile 2:
    Target Media App: MX Player
    Screen On Only Mode

Hover: Play/Pause
    1 - Wave: Fast Forward
    2 - Wave: Rewind
    3 - Wave: None​

Let me know what you guys think!

What's Next:
    Gonna spend some time on getting the tablet version ready for beta. Then, work on Tasker control of the Profiles. Then... widgets.
    Tasker Tasker Tasker

V2.30 Has just been posted to the Play Store

With it brings support for Tasker by way of a Tasker Plugin.

From Tasker, you can now switch profiles. And Profiles allow you to set all settings and gesture assignments, so now Tasker can pretty much fully setup Wave Control.

Find "Wave Control Plugin" in Tasker's "Plugin" section for actions.

Note: Pro or Assignable Actions Upgrade is required for access to profiles and thus this feature.
    Great app :)

How about tasker integration? I would love to be able to activate/deactivate from within tasker. Another cool feature would be able to change the "key mapping" from within tasker. Say at some point I want 3 waves to turn on the screen, yet at sone other point it should simply do nothing.

I've just bought the pro version and like what I've seen so far :)

//M

Sent from my LT26i using xda premium

I do plan on some Tasker integration. I want to setup profiles first. Each profile would be a set of actions mapped to the gestures and the target app. Then once that's in place have Tasker be able to control that.

It's all coming... just have to fix some stuff first :)
    That sounds great :)

How about being able to activate/deactivate as well?

//M

Sent from my LT26i using xda premium

It's coming ;)