[Q] ROOT Request Alcatel One Touch Pop C7

Search This thread

kryptonify

Nov 15, 2013
Xiaomi Poco F1
Xiaomi Poco F3
Yesterday I updated my 7041D via Onetouch Upgrade because bootlooping.
It is still 4.2.2.
Is there an official Statement from alcatel regarding C7 + kitkat upgrade?
Hey there, sorry for the late reply. Yes there is an official update from alcatel for kitkat but it was only in Hungary, now a guy from Hungary who got the update uploaded his stock rom in a forum. Now the rom has now custom roms etc.
Here is a tutorial from YT http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=-hXKFwgBh6E
Just download the files from the description. In the mega link dont DL the "usrdata.img", its not necessary.

Last edited:
Reactions: rzdz

fantomel

Oct 18, 2007
Ghost Town
There is also an interesting thread HERE on how you can force Alcatel Upgrader to update your phone. It would be nice to know the pro_info for that 4.4.2 stock and like this we can upgrade ours direct from Alcatel Servers.

Reactions: rzdz

rzdz

Jun 20, 2015
Thank you both!
I'm wondering you have to spoof the Onetouch Upgrade S tool to get the official kitkat upgrade...

vanDarkHD

Aug 27, 2015
I have "E:/Unable to mount /emmc"; "E:/Unable to mount /cache", "E:/Unable to mount /data" and "E:/Unable to mount /system" on the TWRP when I try to do anything on TWRP, does anyone knows how to fix it?

presleyt9

Feb 5, 2014
Go to settings, backup and reset. Factory reset the phone and make sure you tick Erase internal or SD card and select Erase everything, so after your phone rebooted successfully every memory will be mounted. But you should first remove your SD card so that your files will not be lost

Sent from my SM-N910T3 using Tapatalk

CVAngelo

Mar 24, 2015
Praia
investincv.blogspot.com
My Pop C7 is rooted and running CWM recovery. I mess along a lot with my phone (I have a second one as backup). I somehow managed to delete the IMEIs (dual-SIM) from the phone. I thought, no big deal. I used MTK Droid Tools to backup the nvram of the good phone, then I used MTK to restore that nvram to the damaged phone. Finally, I replaced the IMEIs with those written under the battery of the damaged phone. All along the way, MTK Droid showed no errors but said that the changes would come into force on reboot. So I rebooted and....STILL NO IMEI. Dialing *#06# still shows IMEIs as Invalid. I used a repair box and it says SOFTWARE IMEI NOT FOUND. But the hardware IMEIs are there and they are correct.

What on earth is a software IMEI? Never heard of such a thing. Anyone have a clue? And where/how does one access the "software" IMEI on a rooted Alcatel Pop C7???

If I'm in the wrong thread, please give me a link to the correct thread on XDA. I can't find one.

asdfvtn

Feb 3, 2011
Edmonton, AB
My Pop C7 is rooted and running CWM recovery. I mess along a lot with my phone (I have a second one as backup). I somehow managed to delete the IMEIs (dual-SIM) from the phone. I thought, no big deal. I used MTK Droid Tools to backup the nvram of the good phone, then I used MTK to restore that nvram to the damaged phone. Finally, I replaced the IMEIs with those written under the battery of the damaged phone. All along the way, MTK Droid showed no errors but said that the changes would come into force on reboot. So I rebooted and....STILL NO IMEI. Dialing *#06# still shows IMEIs as Invalid. I used a repair box and it says SOFTWARE IMEI NOT FOUND. But the hardware IMEIs are there and they are correct.

What on earth is a software IMEI? Never heard of such a thing. Anyone have a clue? And where/how does one access the "software" IMEI on a rooted Alcatel Pop C7???

If I'm in the wrong thread, please give me a link to the correct thread on XDA. I can't find one.

I'm probably way too late for you, but it would've been fairly useless information anyway.

The software IMEI that your missing is only the .nv_data file. If you don't have a backup of that and you've lost it/corrupted it, your phone is done for (98% of the time anyway).

CVAngelo

Mar 24, 2015
Praia
investincv.blogspot.com
I'm probably way too late for you, but it would've been fairly useless information anyway.

The software IMEI that your missing is only the .nv_data file. If you don't have a backup of that and you've lost it/corrupted it, your phone is done for (98% of the time anyway).
Never too late as I'm always looking to learn new things. This is very helpful. I had never heard of the .nv_data file before. Now I know! Thanks.

Quick questions...where exactly in the root will I find this file on my other rooted Alcatels and would a backup simply mean copying that file using a root browser? And if I did have a backup, would I have simply needed to copy the file to the appropriate directory or is there some other specialized tools that does this work?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using XDA Free mobile app

TheMaskaras

Jul 3, 2012
Coimbra
Hi Guys

Anyone of you here happened to have a preloader dsp of the ALCATEL ONE TOUCH POP C7 (7040E)
* this is the C7 with the 512mb of ram

or if you have the full rom backup that'll be great. I lost mine and my cousin played with my phone ( installing this and that it got bricked... seriously hard bricked) and I lost track of where I kept the backup of the rom.

When I tried to flash a custom rom, always ended up with the "BROM ERROR: S_DL_GET_DRAM_SETTING_FAIL"

Thanks in advance guys

You can get it here:
http://firmwares2you.blogspot.pt/2015/08/alcatel-one-touch-pop-c7-7040e.html

or here:

http://www.findrom.info/tag/alcatel-one-touch-pop-c7-7040e-firmwarestock-rom

renzev23

Apr 14, 2016
HELLO Guys
You can call me RC23.
In problem of your Bootloop Alcatel c pop 7.
I have a better and nice solution i succesfully rid that problem.

Best solution.
Go to alcatel website.

alcatelonetouch.com/global-en/support/softwareUpgrade/list

Then on the left side.

You see the "Choose your product"
then choose your product brandname.
Then download the "Mobile Upgrade S 4.1.5 Setup.exe"

Install that Exe. files

Requirements:
Computer
USB drivers or android drivers
Internet

then its good.
First turn off your phone.
second click the launcher you install.
then Look for your product
"mine is One Touch 7040"
then click start
then make sure your battery fully charge.
then Connect the USB cable to your computer.
then Keep the phone turned off and connect the phone to the USB cable. If connection failed, please press both the power key and the volume+ to try to reconnect.
then wait for the process and its 4 step so just do what ever it says.

Then Congrats!!!!!!!!!!! Big smile awaits you..
Mine is almost 2 hours so Good luck!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Since i have seen here a little support for our C7 phones, i thought to bring a little contribution by uploading an original backup of mine , only rooted to do this, with no upgrades other then as it came from the shop 3 days ago. The backup has been made with MTKdroidTools v2.5.3 and inside the 7z archive you will find info and log of this backup.
    I how that this will help those who bricked their phone or want to restore it as it was.
    My model it's 7041X with 1Gb of ram, from Vodafone ES
    Complete Info:
    Hardware : MT6582
    Model : ALCATEL ONE TOUCH 7041X
    Build number : Jelly Bean
    Build date UTC : 20140116-022718
    Android v : 4.2.2
    Baseband v: MOLY.WR8.W1315.MD.WG.MP.V7.P27, 2014/01/16 10:21
    Kernel v : 3.4.5 (android-bld@aclgcl-ubnt173) (gcc version 4.6.x-google 20120106 (prerelease) (GCC) ) #1 SMP Wed Jan 15 21:04:12 CST 2014
    Uboot build v : -----
    LCD Driver IC : 1-hx8379a_yaris_xl
    Build number 030FSG1
    Direct Download Link: https://mega.co.nz/#!jBplzKwT!5jokC1W238dlFQ_3abtQ4pMC3EfA4FlTUMi_3HYK5Mc
    Hi, phone is relatively new, about few months old. No root on the internet. And no way i'm trying stuff like one click root or similiar.
    Can someone make it, there is root for Pop C5 model, mine is C7.

Regards.

:cowboy:
    Restore back to stock on alcatel pop c7n 7041d

Ok people, here is what you need and what to do to get back
    to stock Rom on your 7041D Alcatel OT Pop C7.I have used much time to backup and upload this, so be thankful
    Go to this link https://mega.co.nz/#!VEBkhSbK!MYsKoWcMhvar3Q1XVhdvPhf9FAQdgG9dOe48rf5rMq8
    download the ROM.rar, inside the zipe, after extracted copy the clockworkmod and ALCATEL-ONE-TOUCH-7041X_140117__recovery_140627-124748.img . and paste them to you SD Card
    Then install the Mobileuncle MTK Tools.apk from the ROM.rar folder and launch,select Recovey update and u will see the recovery file
    copied to your SD shows up, select to flash and ok to reboot to
    recovery mod,now scroll to backup and restore and select the backup file that will show, select to start restoring, when complete reboot to system mod
    after complete boot up,now your 7041D is restored you can install supersu for root oparations.and since
    the cwm don't support the custpack folder you can manualy put that in yourself. go here https://mega.co.nz/#!lRBk2QAZ!Z_9RYA6zGC9Zx7gcNJp4kkfFGCRdEbN11oAwtmk3fU8
    download the custpack unzip, install Rootbrowser.apk from playstore.copy the custpack folder to the home
    of your phone, the first page you see when you open the rootbrowser, where the sys and system folder are down below
    the custpack folder will be upward as the 4th folder after config. sorry i didn't have the time to make it a flashable
    zip file so after copied you need to permission all files and folder inside the custpack folder, here http://xdaforums.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=2803845&d=1403026463
    you can download the Mixplorer filemanager that allows you to permission multiple files and folder in one click,
    press and hold on one file to tick and start clicking to select others, then you will see three dot circle at the bottom right, select to seclect permission and tick the first three
    boxes on the top line and first box on the left of the second line to get the rw-r--r-- permission.
    BACK TO STOCK RECOVERY
    to restore the Pop C7 stock recovery, first of all install flashify(for root users).apk from playstore
    now go back and copy 'com.cgollner.flashify' folder from the ROM.rar zip file that you downloaded earlier
    paste it on the Android/data folder of your SD. now go to the flashify app and grant root permission, at the top right
    select backup and restore and look down to select recovery.img, ok to flash and reboot thats it you're done.
    Hope this help those who needs it, So Goodluck

---------- Post added at 03:53 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:32 AM ----------

@radichification. Go here http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2656597&page=14#post58226976 download and follow the the step by step description to restore your popc7 7041D back to stock rom
    Please do. I have the same phone and i can't find a method to root-it

This worked for me. Good luck :)
    Found root

After some deep research I have found root for this device and done it. It has MediaTek 6582 chipset, so there is root on the internet. If someone is interested i can start new topic and explain how to root the device. Regards.