Thoughtlesskyle's Not So Super Froyo [RLS 17][10/20/2010] Kid Tested Mother Approved!

Search This thread

deltagamer

Sep 6, 2009
Santa Barbara
what res are you using if your using 240x320 its scaled perfectly if your using anything else its going to be off, not sure on the market thing, my vogue isnt active so i am unable to test it

I used NBH editor like I usually do with the Inc release of froyo and change it to 320x480 and then in rogue tools change my density to 160. The full marketplace works normally, but with this build it won't. Honestly my phone is way more useless without facebook and solitaire than it would be if I was missing the dialer... I think I'm going back to a "super" froyo... Although this seems to run much faster :/

rickn345

Jun 27, 2008
I have the same problem with the incomplete market. I like this build but its back to " Super" for now.

thoughtlesskyle

Inactive Recognized Developer
Nov 26, 2008
Outside of Philadelphia
hey guys try this update this takes it back to the vending.apk from the previous release i forgot i put the new one in for the 10-15 update

see if it helps, i am going to be working on RLS 17 starting tonight so we will see how it goes

gt!

Jan 5, 2008
Looks nice, but I can't setup with my corporate Exchange account - "unable to open connection to server". Works fine with earlier Android builds (RLS 15 works) :confused:

-GT

bob0builder

Apr 12, 2008
I used NBH editor like I usually do with the Inc release of froyo and change it to 320x480 and then in rogue tools change my density to 160. The full marketplace works normally, but with this build it won't. Honestly my phone is way more useless without facebook and solitaire than it would be if I was missing the dialer... I think I'm going back to a "super" froyo... Although this seems to run much faster :/

What keyboard do you use? My screen shows the Touch Input is half screen and the Android keyboard full screen (well the half height but full width) but is crappy imho.

Do you use a free keyboard? Which one if so or can I fix / change my Touch Input size keyboard on screen?

BTW, same setup as you have.

Last edited:

deltagamer

Sep 6, 2009
Santa Barbara
What keyboard do you use? My screen shows the Touch Input is half screen and the Android keyboard full screen (well the half height but full width) but is crappy imho.

Do you use a free keyboard? Which one if so or can I fix / change my Touch Input size keyboard on screen?

BTW, same setup as you have.

Well I've updated to the latest version and all my problems have gone away (other than that sometimes my screen doesn't work, but I think that's my phone breaking)... Ummm I use swype rather than the default keyboard... If you pm me your email, I can send you the .apk.

vellowax

Mar 25, 2010
No prob..
I dont have a lot battery icon, and yes, that icon hurt my eyes too.
Glad you change it.

n2rjt

Looks nice, but I can't setup with my corporate Exchange account - "unable to open connection to server". Works fine with earlier Android builds (RLS 15 works) :confused:

-GT

Check your password. I got the same error, turned out I was typing my password wrong. I think theres a bug: when it is prompting for my password, if I use the hardware keyboard, capital letters don't work. I'm using Fresh Froyo though.

Does_It_Matter

Dec 25, 2009
Looks like the dialer freeze / reboot is gone!

Nice one!

What Kernel are people using for this?

The newer ones after 10-1-10 (I think) all have the Vogue as USB 1.1

When you plug it into the computer - it says it's running at slow USB 1.1 speed

The last 2.6.25 kernel - dated 10-1-10 - works with this build but as USB 2.0

Also tried 10-19-10 kernel - also works - but USB 1.1 issue

----------------------------------

Edit: Could not get the 10-19-10 kernel mounting into Windows as a drive

Went back to the 2.6.25 10-1-10 NBH kernel - that one seems to be stable for Vogue

Last edited:

ckl_88

Jan 25, 2008
I need some help. I downloaded rls 17 and was going to change the adw launcher to lancher pro using 7zip, so I deleted the adw launcher and before I could copy the launcher pro apk, I got side tracked. When I came back, I forgot about it and installed as is with no launcher.

Now, I can't get past the setup screen. If if I skip it I get a blank screen. I cannot get into Astro or launch any application (such as Android Market) because there is no launcher. I've connected the USB, but my computer pops up a message saying that "This device can perform faster" but nothing happens... no disk drive to recopy the androidinstall. I can see the notification area and it says usb debugging and related messages but when I click on turn on usb storage, it will change to turn off.. but then after a few seconds it goes back to turn on.

Oh, I don't have an adaptor for the microSD card here with me now so I can't do it that way.

So anyone have any ideas on how I can fix this problem of mine?

Thanks.

EDIT: I managed to fix my own problem. After playing around trying to get ADB to work, I gave up and came up with an idea. Since I could not launch any app on the device, I used voice search to search for "Appbrain" which launched the browser and brought back the appbrain website. Then looked for Launcher Pro and clicked on the Market link. This launched Android Market and I was able to install it.

Last edited:

madeiracam

Apr 5, 2009
Pennsylvania
EDIT: I managed to fix my own problem. After playing around trying to get ADB to work, I gave up and came up with an idea. Since I could not launch any app on the device, I used voice search to search for "Appbrain" which launched the browser and brought back the appbrain website. Then looked for Launcher Pro and clicked on the Market link. This launched Android Market and I was able to install it.

<3 hearing about **** like this

This community rocks.

thoughtlesskyle

Nov 26, 2008
Outside of Philadelphia

glad to hear you got the problem solved, the other way i would have gone about it (since i have sprint) is to download the official RUU for 6.1 flashed that fixed the .tar and then reflashed to android

CyCLoBoT

Dec 14, 2007
The white status bar update zip file you have in Post 1, will it work with the 1% battery indicator? Or are you planning to release a completely different version?

thoughtlesskyle

Nov 26, 2008
Outside of Philadelphia
The white status bar update zip file you have in Post 1, will it work with the 1% battery indicator? Or are you planning to release a completely different version?

it wont yet i want to get the issue with the language packs before i focus on the white status bar, since once i get the file from vellowax, i just have to drag and drop the icon pack into it and its ready to go.

also i just picked up Fallout: New Vegas so my free time has been split ;)

CyCLoBoT

Dec 14, 2007
No worries take your time. I am currently running RLS 16 and have been very impressed with. Just out of curiosity, are you running the latest kernel from DZO or are you using the new one that was posted here few posts back? Not sure who released that one.