[03-04-2008] Slim 19199 WM 6.1 Rom

Search This thread

reinking

Mar 2, 2008
It's always a good idea to flash a provider rom first to wipe out any "extended rom corruption" which can cause the battery to drain faster due to the phone trying to read an area over and over. When in doubt browse the "how to flash a rom" sticky at the top of the forum which has alot of good information.

Thanks Flamewolf for answering. I read that faq about six times before my first flash. I wasn't sure if it applied to re-flashing. :D

I'm going to give your rom a shot. Thanks for the hard work.

cham1980

Nov 7, 2007
As it state the splash screen of the old roms still there, can anyone help to get rid of thems. If possible provide a new oem looking splash screen. Thanks

barsoverbeats

Jul 30, 2007
As good as it sounds?

Can anyone atest to the speed of this ROM? I know the common reply would be "give a try" I just have a hell of a headache tonight and I have been doing break/fix work ALL day....and still as of now.....So if anyone has tried it please update us on the speed on this Build. THX

Pumpiron579

Feb 16, 2007
Goodyear, Az
www.4shared.com
Agree with Pumpiron579

Everything is working - no operating issues whatsoever.

I have only one visual issue, that pops up on some roms - but not on others. There is a white triangle on the top bar beside the "E" icon that does not go away. It just sits there - does not activate anything ??

I've had similar issue with Merlin Rom - and others.

Does not effect any operational functions - just do not know what it is - or what it is supposed to do.

Very nice rom - thank you

Have a good one

The triangle is the roaming indicator..Look in the wizard Manual and it will show you. I do not have that problem here,. but when I am in T-Mobile country like Vegas, I have that indicator. There is a tweak somewhere here that disables it.

mfrazzz

Sep 12, 2006
Falcon, Colorado
Just installed it on my G4 Wizard with HardSPL. No problems and looks really nice. Seems VERY fast. GREAT JOB! :D

Here's screen captures I made of a clean install.

Attachments

• slim_19199.jpg
    slim_19199.jpg
    95 KB · Views: 6,291

cham1980

Nov 7, 2007
I did flash to original rom before flashing this rom, and now i have only t-mobile startup splash. It is good for now, and i can tell you this rom is very fast and clean. Good job

S.V.I

Question about the kitchen: If I wanted to remove the dialer skin (HTC) would I have to replace it with an oem skin, or just delete the folder?

also, at the moment I am using TNT 19199 which has registry tweaks I have become acustomed too. most having to deal with battery. which file in your kitchen do I change the 1's to 0's ?

luiggi

Sep 26, 2006
Missery
D

Deleted member 804010

nope - the hermes tweak for the roaming icon did not work. For now, have installed WK Task - and have basically hidden the icon. Out of sight / out of mind. I'll search some more and see if there is one for the wizard itself.

Rom is running very well - have no issues to report :D

Famewolf - did you do something different with Activsync ?? This is the first rom I flash that does not automatically start activsync at different times during the day.

I usually have to turn activsync off at least two or three times a day

Thanks again for a great, fast rom

Have a good one

Edit - search is my friend ( had to reword my search parameters a few times, but once you guys told me what the issues was - a little easier to find )

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=300613&highlight=roaming+icon+fix

Post #3 indicates that there is an option in registry wizard to remove roaming icon - and it works. Not sure if there is a better fix - but I posted what I found

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member 804010

how's the battery life on this one guys?

Might be a bit early to remark on - but, after install and set up last night my battery was at 60 % - it is currently at 56 %. About 18 hours of use since install

Have used wi-fi to set up, have made some phone calls - checked my tcpmp set up, etc.

No real heavy usage - but battery life seems pretty good so far.

pirlone

Jan 16, 2007
i can't make activesync connection via bluetooth!? there isn't that option listed in activesync menu... is there a way to connect via bloetooh anyway?

rgs,
pirlone

pirlone

Jan 16, 2007
A no-frills and stable WM6.1 for the Wizard with basic applications. Built off email123's vanilla edition.Extremely stable, and uber-fast!

FINAL RELEASE [V2.1]! New build!..Fixes SMS issues and adds MMS support.Finally fixes Activesync over Bluetooth issue!.

it seems like Merilin fixed this issue in his slim rom...
anyway, previously i had GnatGoSplat's Boring ROMs 5.2.1622 for AT&T, T-Mobile and now vanilla flavored! with this option enabled.

hope this helps,
pirlone