Mi3 bootloops, refuses to enter twrp recovery mode

Search This thread

xypherize

Aug 15, 2015
Hello everyone. Well, as per the title, after I flashed a new custom ROM (Ivan's AOSP to be specific), my Mi3 refused to boot properly and get stuck in the bootloop at the Mi logo and it would bootloop again and again and again....

Now, if I tried to enter twrp recovery by holding power button + volume up, it would refuse to boot into recovery and just bootloop again. But, I was able to access fastboot mode (don't know why but I could easily boot into fastboot mode)

I downloaded stock ROM for Mi3 and tried to flash it via MiFlash and it succeeded but the device would still bootloop. I also attempted to flash twrp recovery via flashboot and it succeeded, again, but my phone would refuse to at least boot into twrp recovery mode, again. Naturally my phone still had the bootloop at the Mi logo, sigh.

I don't know what to do anymore, aside from sending my phone to repair center that might charge a fortune. Please help!

coolkillermax

Nov 12, 2012
Malaysia
try to flash official twrp recovery via fastboot

How to flash it ?? Method pls... :rolleyes:

Currently i installed Kingroot in slimbit LP rom but after see people suggest method i uninstalled it & follow him tap root access in devolopment section & reboot but still not get Root access Than i try go in TWRP restore back this rom my phone stuck+ bootloop & keep loading in MI logo only !!! Pls help HELP HELP !! What should i do... i try fastboot flash fastboot rom failed too HELP HELP HELP !!!
Not going to send to phone center & currently my ROM can't not boot because of extend partition before & not stock partition... Help me PLEASE !!! :rolleyes: :(

yohaneseko

Jul 29, 2013
Sibolga
Many users confirmed the same symptoms. Is it possible that the damage caused by "software" since some people of India have visited the service center and asked to replace the motherboard of which cost $150?

DutchMan_1990

Jul 26, 2013
Kolkata
Nexus 7
Hello everyone. Well, as per the title, after I flashed a new custom ROM (Ivan's AOSP to be specific), my Mi3 refused to boot properly and get stuck in the bootloop at the Mi logo and it would bootloop again and again and again....

Now, if I tried to enter twrp recovery by holding power button + volume up, it would refuse to boot into recovery and just bootloop again. But, I was able to access fastboot mode (don't know why but I could easily boot into fastboot mode)

I downloaded stock ROM for Mi3 and tried to flash it via MiFlash and it succeeded but the device would still bootloop. I also attempted to flash twrp recovery via flashboot and it succeeded, again, but my phone would refuse to at least boot into twrp recovery mode, again. Naturally my phone still had the bootloop at the Mi logo, sigh.

I don't know what to do anymore, aside from sending my phone to repair center that might charge a fortune. Please help!

Here is the link for tutorial for flashing recovery via fastboot mode. All commands are same just download the twrp recovery image from here. DON'T FORGET TO RENAME THE IMAGE FILE, BECAUSE ADB DOESN'T RECOGNISE ANY SPECIAL CHARACTER.

rxl.noir

Nov 2, 2014
Bandung
Many users confirmed the same symptoms. Is it possible that the damage caused by "software" since some people of India have visited the service center and asked to replace the motherboard of which cost $150?

Seems like the problem is caused either because of this, or your battery's PCB simply fried because of unknown reason, maybe because faulty charger/cable or wrong charge voltage setting by the kernel? Also, seems like most of the similiar case stems from MM roms, including MIUI's own chinese developer ROM.

Some people with the exact same case stated that after replacing the battery, the device worked again, like this guy on iFixit: https://www.ifixit.com/Guide/Xiaomi+Mi+3+Battery+Replacement/50785

I haven't tested it yet on my bricked device (just ordered the battery today), but I really hope it was just the battery. I think fried mobo is kinda unthinkable, since if the mobo got fried, you probably can't even flash anything since the eMMC would probably also inaccessible.

Last edited:

yohaneseko

Jul 29, 2013
Sibolga
Hi @rxl.noir, urang Bandung? :)
How much does it cost for battery replacement? I have sent my Mi3 to the seller because it's not even one year already.

Seems like the problem is caused either because of this, or your battery's PCB simply fried because of unknown reason, maybe because faulty charger/cable or wrong charge voltage setting by the kernel? Also, seems like most of the similiar case stems from MM roms, including MIUI's own chinese developer ROM.

Some people with the exact same case stated that after replacing the battery, the device worked again, like this guy on iFixit: https://www.ifixit.com/Guide/Xiaomi+Mi+3+Battery+Replacement/50785

I haven't tested it yet on my bricked device (just ordered the battery today), but I really hope it was just the battery. I think fried mobo is kinda unthinkable, since if the mobo got fried, you probably can't even flash anything since the eMMC would probably also inaccessible.

rxl.noir

Nov 2, 2014
Bandung
Hi @rxl.noir, urang Bandung? :)
How much does it cost for battery replacement? I have sent my Mi3 to the seller because it's not even one year already.

:D Heyaa~

For the battery, you could easily found it on Tokopedia started from 110k, although most of them are shipped from Jakarta. The replacement process is quite easy, you might only need #0 Phillips or any small plus screwdriver, a plastic card (for spudge replacement), and some guts :q. The details and steps are on my prev. post.

I haven't tried to sent it to the seller/distributor, since it might take a long time to get it done.:eek:

rxl.noir

Nov 2, 2014
Bandung
Just a little update;

I replaced my battery on my Mi3 that have the same exact case as yours, and it finally works. No more short bootloop, no more stuck in fastboot.