FINALLY !!! Unlock Bootloader on Arc/Neo/Neo V after 12w14 !!!! EASY AS 1,2,3 :)

Search This thread

zadrozny91

Mar 17, 2012
Hey guys,
I wanted to share a great method to harmlessly unlock the bootloader on Neo and Neo V which works on every device (before and after 12w14). Simply follow this steps:
EDIT: Use it over GB firmware, or flash ICS kernel after using this fix if You are on ICS and want to keep it, otherwise You will get bootloops!!!!
1. download this program:
http://www.2shared.com/file/xfkXTzdB/ZeroPercentFixTool.html
2. Register Your IMEI number on this site:
http://unlockbootloader.sonymobile.com/
and let the code be sent to You by Sony Ericsson to your e-mail.
3. Then open zeropercentfixtool.exe (remember to have all the drivers installed)
4. Copy the code into the program, click fix it and connect the phoine in fastboot mode.
5 After that it is better to desconnect the phone, and flash ICS kernel, than all should work perfectly
Voilla, done :)
You finally have unlocked the newer versions of xperia Neo/Neo V :)))
PS. nevermind that the program says zero percent fix tool, it unlocks the bootloader as well. Tried on my Neo V 12w9 and 12w31 and it's working like a charm :)
Hope You enjoy it ! :)

For discussion, thread in General section:
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2073488

Last edited:
V

Vatsal

Hey cn u xplain a little which drivers are needed? I have flashtool ones installed.. Which others

Sent from my MT11i using Tapatalk 2

V

Vatsal

hey pls specify in op. That its for gb. Aftr unlockin u gt a gb kernel. So guys its easiest method but after dng this flash an ics kernel and it will work.. Thanks at op... Its awesome..

Last edited:
V

Vatsal

Less manual almost no manual work. :D

Sent from my MT11 using Tapatalk 2

clementandre

Sep 29, 2011
when i swoitch off my phone. and press the furtherst right button and hold it and connect the cable to my sony experia newo -V mdoel nothign happens
i hear a sound like a few da dng dadang thast all

---------- Post added at 07:15 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:47 AM ----------

I alwasy get this message

windows was unable to install your s1boot fastboot
windows could not find driver software for your device
im using xperia neo -v!!! and what is the buttons for going into fast-boot in xperia neo-v?
i always press the most right button and then hook the usb cable .no need to press power on button all right?
and i don't have to root my phone first .. another problem which i haven't even started,

V

Vatsal

Did u install flashtool drivers? Be sure to select ur device and fastboot as well as flashmode drivers. Nd I thinks theres no need of root in it. The menu button is fastboot button. Hold it nd connect ur phone to pc via usb. Reject the pc companion prompt. And follow to OP. Nd if ur on ics keep an ics kernel with u. ;)

If I helped pls press thanks

sent from my supercharged neo v running sonic powered by suave kernel.

clementandre

Sep 29, 2011
i manged to do it.
and then now it keeps showing the Sony coercion logo then witches off and then again nd again keeps showing the logo!!
and nothing else, like keeps rebooting!

BlitzBerg

Jul 6, 2012
Mumbai
Alright, I'd like to clear something now. If I lose my DRM files, what exactly do I have to my disadvantage? Also, if I unlock my bootloader using this technique, can I lock it back? If yes, how and then after I've locked it back, can I get to the latest original firmware from Sony using SEUS/PCC?

clementandre

Sep 29, 2011
U CANT!!! I JUST used this guys method
my phone keeps shoing siny ericson logo for a while then reboots nons top and keeps stills hwoing it againa nd again!!

V

Vatsal

@clementandre I had written in 3 rd post. If ur on ics flash ics kernel nd reboot. It will show sony logo nd reboot perfect. Flash an ics kernel.

If I helped u pls press thanks

---------- Post added at 01:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:58 PM ----------

Yes u can lock bootloader using dis method nd flash original firmware. U lose drm i.e. U ll lose track id nd music unlimited n such apps. Bt once u unlock nd relock u wont gt ur drm back by any method nd will lose warranty. And ur device wont b recognised by seus or pc companion. Ull have to flash using flashtool.

Pls presss thanks if I helped u

Last edited:

pravinb89

Nov 4, 2012
Chennai
Alright, I'd like to clear something now. If I lose my DRM files, what exactly do I have to my disadvantage? Also, if I unlock my bootloader using this technique, can I lock it back? If yes, how and then after I've locked it back, can I get to the latest original firmware from Sony using SEUS/PCC?

If BL unlocked officially, warrenty is VOID, no more official updates and DRM is lost.
U lose DRM for ever if BL is unlocked by official method. TrackID app willnot work.. this is what i have in my knowledge.
I never minded in unlocking it.. since i dont use it.

If you know what you are doing, then no problem at all.. so i unlocked BL officially.(no option,, manufactured 12w14)

If unlocked by unofficial method, then u can relock it.. search in the forum to gain more knowledge..;)

Reactions: BlitzBerg

BlitzBerg

Jul 6, 2012
Mumbai
What would happen if I unlock my bootloader officially and mess while flashing ROM? I know about phones being brick, but have no idea of what is a soft brick and a hard brick. Someone to enlighten me?

zadrozny91

Mar 17, 2012
hey pls specify in op. That its for gb. Aftr unlockin u gt a gb kernel. So guys its easiest method but after dng this flash an ics kernel and it will work.. Thanks at op... Its awesome..

You're right :)
Sorry for no responses, I was away.
To clear this, You need flastool and fastboot drivers, they can be found in flashtool folder for example. For fastboot drivers, You can try to download them (use google or XDA search) connect Your phone in fastboot mode( blue LED) and manually point them for windows to install.
As for ics kernel, the best way is to complete this fix in fasboot, reconnect the cable, then flash ics kernel and that's all :)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hey guys,
    I wanted to share a great method to harmlessly unlock the bootloader on Neo and Neo V which works on every device (before and after 12w14). Simply follow this steps:
    EDIT: Use it over GB firmware, or flash ICS kernel after using this fix if You are on ICS and want to keep it, otherwise You will get bootloops!!!!
    1. download this program:
    http://www.2shared.com/file/xfkXTzdB/ZeroPercentFixTool.html
    2. Register Your IMEI number on this site:
    http://unlockbootloader.sonymobile.com/
    and let the code be sent to You by Sony Ericsson to your e-mail.
    3. Then open zeropercentfixtool.exe (remember to have all the drivers installed)
    4. Copy the code into the program, click fix it and connect the phoine in fastboot mode.
    5 After that it is better to desconnect the phone, and flash ICS kernel, than all should work perfectly
    Voilla, done :)
    You finally have unlocked the newer versions of xperia Neo/Neo V :)))
    PS. nevermind that the program says zero percent fix tool, it unlocks the bootloader as well. Tried on my Neo V 12w9 and 12w31 and it's working like a charm :)
    Hope You enjoy it ! :)

For discussion, thread in General section:
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2073488
    It's alive! :victory: Thanks dude.

you better use thanx button nest time instead saying it like spamming the thread ..:silly:
    Well,seems your method is pretty much easier for noobs!!!
    It involves less manual work! :p

Sent from my MT11i using xda premium
    I was getting the error due to absence of JDK/JRE which i have solved by installing JDK,

Now i am in another hurdle, as per the instruction mentioned in official way of SONY

Place the unzipped file in the usb_driver folder, located in the Android SDK > extras > google folder on your computer.

but in the SDK there is no such folder, tried to find such folder but zero result.

EDIT: Also the SDK manager is not working, Just showing command prompt for 1 mSec

Make such a folder and put the file there...

Sent from my Xperia Neo V using xda app-developers app