[Q] Phone case - is it necessary?

Search This thread

Its Just OG

Jun 1, 2012
Do you think its necessary to carry this phone in the case? I have the One V only a week and I really dont want to have scratches on the phone body - which is made from alluminium, so I dont thing I need a case. Its just so uncomfortable to put the phone out of the case everytime I want to use it. (But Ive bought a screen protector).

Do you wear a case?

Last edited:

hlavicka82

May 14, 2012
Bratislava
c3d41dbd-9d73-962f.jpg

Ahoj,

I would definitely recommend using a soft or hard case. I have mine for couple weeks now and I am starting to see the metal on the sharp corners next to the top of the display. The black colour is wearing off. Maybe I've scratched it with keys or something. So I immediately bought two hard cases on ebay.

Last edited:
Reactions: Its Just OG

Its Just OG

Jun 1, 2012
No nazdar:D

Well, I carry it in a separate pocket. But... I´ll probably get a case :I .. Thanks for your quick reply.

hlavicka82

May 14, 2012
Bratislava
That's not very good news, that it heats up with a back cover. Will see about that when the one I ordered arrives.

Sent from my HTC One V using Tapatalk 2

JalmiNyondong1933

Nov 15, 2011
Bandung
I dont use any hard case. it's a slim phone and I want to feel the slimness. my lumia 800 is as thin as one v but when I use hard case it looks sluggish, heavy and fat. I've been using this phone without screen protector without any scretch on the screen.

PeartFan40

Jun 15, 2007
South Hadley, Ma. USA
The first time you drop your phone, you will wish you had a case on it. They add slight bulk to the device, but its a reasonable trade off to avoid damage to your $500 phone.

"if you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice"~Rush

Brought to you courtesy of my Galaxy Note (i717), using XDA Premium.

shubhamchamaria

Jan 28, 2011
Mumbai
The first time you drop your phone, you will wish you had a case on it. They add slight bulk to the device, but its a reasonable trade off to avoid damage to your $500 phone.

More like $350...anyways i also recommend having a soft jelly(silicone) case!

Try this:
I use this: http://www.amazon.com/Amzer-AMZ93509-Soft-Gloss-Cover/dp/B007K6DRC0

It gives you the feel of a hard case but the shock absorption of a Soft case..

Video Review: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qVY2L3Uv6pI

PeartFan40

Jun 15, 2007
South Hadley, Ma. USA
More like $350...anyways i also recommend having a soft jelly(silicone) case!

Try this:
I use this: http://www.amazon.com/Amzer-AMZ93509-Soft-Gloss-Cover/dp/B007K6DRC0

It gives you the feel of a hard case but the shock absorption of a Soft case..

Video Review: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qVY2L3Uv6pI

$350/$500 its still good to protect the investment.

tejjammy

Jun 4, 2012
I'm very paranoid about dropping my phone so i bought a hard case for $35. You can get a thinner gel case. I got mine from case mate and i have a little bit of heating issues.

PeartFan40

Jun 15, 2007
South Hadley, Ma. USA
I'm wondering... Which is better in terms of protection? Hard case or soft?

Having used both hard and soft cases, I'd say a hard case is going to offer better impact protection. While a soft case will prevent scratches, it won't protect aginst impact damage. For exampme; if your phone fell, and landed on the corner, a soft case won't prevent dents and dings, whereas a hard case would. This of course is only based on my personal experience. Other people may other opinions. ;)

-------------------------------------
Nine months before I was born, my dad took me to a party where he met my mom and took her home.

Reactions: ryanlow134

panel1

Jun 10, 2009
Bratislava
www.panel.sk
Hi,

I have buyed on ebay this hardcase and it's wery nice and good material. Aluminium case of One V is too slicky, but now I'm satisfied.

There's little bit heating when I'm playing some games, but not so much. With normal usage it's not heating.

Attachments

• CIMG0062.jpg
    CIMG0062.jpg
    236.7 KB · Views: 584
  • CIMG0064.jpg
    CIMG0064.jpg
    244 KB · Views: 551
  • CIMG0066.jpg
    CIMG0066.jpg
    252.4 KB · Views: 577

jmitr

May 18, 2008
Castlegar

Koodo, a pay as you go operator in Canada is selling the black One V for $175! With local sales tax that is $196 all in.

Telus, my operator wants $189.99 on a two year agreement. Canada is famous for it's three year plans (I am still under a plan for my Desire), but buying it contract free for less then I can get it.......with a contract at my own carrier is starting to make it a no brainer for me. Now if only I could convince my Wife I need this phone!

Put my 32gb card in the one V, the old 16gb back into the Desire for my oldest son....done!

EDIT: Sorry for the off topic post guys, especially while quoting a moderator! My Desire has been "naked" since the day my pre-order arrived late August 2010 ( Canada was late getting this phone). I have dropped it tonnes, banging it against my airplane's rudder pedals while picking it up, and besides a few marks in the corners where the finish has worn to bare medal, and some dings in the plastic back cover, she's still a beauty, just shows her age. I like my phones to look used though!

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

jparasite

Nov 19, 2010
I recently picked up the HTC One V in Canada and I have yet to find a place that sells cases for it. Anyone know a good place online to order (hopefully within Canada)?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    just got a new hard case for 100rs
    and got a liverbird sticker done from a bike graffiti shop :) for 30rs :D
    looking gr8 isnt it ? :)

5eeosm.jpg
    c3d41dbd-9d73-962f.jpg

Ahoj,

I would definitely recommend using a soft or hard case. I have mine for couple weeks now and I am starting to see the metal on the sharp corners next to the top of the display. The black colour is wearing off. Maybe I've scratched it with keys or something. So I immediately bought two hard cases on ebay.
    I'm wondering... Which is better in terms of protection? Hard case or soft?

Having used both hard and soft cases, I'd say a hard case is going to offer better impact protection. While a soft case will prevent scratches, it won't protect aginst impact damage. For exampme; if your phone fell, and landed on the corner, a soft case won't prevent dents and dings, whereas a hard case would. This of course is only based on my personal experience. Other people may other opinions. ;)

-------------------------------------
    Nine months before I was born, my dad took me to a party where he met my mom and took her home.

IMHO This is the best case for the HTC One V if you want the slimmest possible case for simple scratch & bump protection. You will forget you even have a case with this one. Plus you get a swivel holster included for under $20.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B007XPPA28/ref=oh_details_o04_s00_i00