Unlock Code Found Infuse 4G **Root Required**

Search This thread

sanfranx415

Nov 13, 2010
***** IMPORTANT ROOT IS REQUIRED BEFORE PROCEEDING *****

TO ROOT YOUR INFUSE 4G GO THE FOLLOWING LINK AFTER ROOTING PROCEED BELOW

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=803682

***** ALSO PLEASE READ CAREFULLY BEFORE ACTUALLY APPLYING STEPS *****

All right ladies and gentlemen, coders and non coders again I have personally found the unlock code NOT THE FREEZE CODE only the unlock code for your Samsung Infuse 4G by ATT hidden in the same files as previous Samsung phones.

This procedure is similar to finding the unlock code for the Vibrant 4G for those that have performed my steps in the past it should be a no brainer but if not please once again read everything carefully its not hard but just takes patience Of-course this all depends on your dedication and time but hopefully I have simplified it for you.

Steps:

1. Install "010 Hex editor" you can use trial does not have to be registered

2. Go to your Infuse 4G and open a terminal emulator (free on the Market) - (Root Required)

The following steps are credit to SS2006 on a different post

*** Dont forget the (su) command *** after the second line
_____

after opening a terminal emulator type the following

cd /dev/block <enter>
su <enter> <at this point your phone will ask for superuser access ALLOW it if you already haven't done so>
dd if=/dev/block/bml3 of=/sdcard/external_sd/bml3.bak <enter>

note: if you dont have an external SD CARD type the following

dd if=/dev/block/bml3 of=/sdcard/bml3.bak

Go find the file on your SD Card or Internal Storage depending on your situation and transfer it to your computer

3. Open 010 Hex Editor

4. In 010 Hex Editor go to the Menus above and select VIEW>LINEFEEDS>SELECT CUSTOM>SET YOUR BYTES TO "32" Nothing Less

5. Locate the bml3.bak file you created and transfered to your computer and open it using the editor

(CREDIT TO FR0Z3N FOR CLARIFYING THE FOLLOWING 2 STEPS)

6. Using your keyboard select CRTL+F to search for a hex string, when the search window pops up select "Hex byte" in the Type field and then search for the following string below:

"FFFFFFFFFF0100000000" ALL TOGETHER, Then Hit the FIND ALL button to the right, some of you will get many results and others up to 10 results on your screen below

7. If you look at your Hex editor there are 3 window panes on the selected line (See Image Below)

e.g 4CCC60h <-- Offset
01 01 01 01 < -- Hex Keys
yyyyyyyyy <- ASCII text where your code is

unlock.jpg

8. Go through each result from the above search and you will see on the 3rd window pane (as shown on pic above) after the hex keys there is an 8 DIGIT CODE (Write this code Down) this is your unlock code NCK for your phone

Sidenote: SCAN THROUGH EACH RESULT AND YOU WILL SEE THAT IN YOUR RESULTS SOME OF YOU MAY GET UP TO 3 DIFFERENT 8 DIGIT CODES WRITE THEM ALL DOWN NORMALLY THE 8 DIGIT CODE THAT APPEARS THE MOST WILL BE THE ONE THAT UNLOCKS YOUR PHONE THE OTHER CODES MAY BE YOUR FREEZE CODE BUT I HAVE NOT TESTED THIS YET THIS 8 DIG CODE SHOULD SHOW ON AT-LEAST ONE MORE RESULT CHECK ALL YOUR RESULTS FROM THE SEARCH ABOVE( SOME OF YOU WILL HAVE YOUR CODE SHOWN AT-LEAST 2 TIMES AND SOME OF YOU WILL HAVE THE CODE SHOW MORE THAN 4 TIMES) YOUR RESULTS MAY VARY EVEN UP TO 39 RESULTS AGAIN SCAN THROUGH ALL RESULTS

**** TO INPUT THE UNLOCK NETWORK CODE DO THE FOLLOWING ****

9. Turn off your phone

10. Insert a foreign SIM card not attached to your current provider (e.g if you have ATT use a TMOBILE SIM CARD) and turn on your phone

11. You will be prompted to enter a Network Unlock Control Key ( Use the code above that you wrote down and type it in your phone exactly)

12. After entering your NCK please hit Unlock or GO button and you should see a screen that says "network unlock successful" and your phone should go in the main screen after your phone has been unlocked.

THATS IT FOLKS HAVE FUN

PS> If you entered an incorrect code you must of entered the wrong code or wrote it down wrong please read carefully and verify the code matches the results from above in at-least more than one instance

SHOULD ANYONE NEED HELP PM ME AND I WILL BE GLAD TO HELP

personally my INFUSE 4G has been rooted from day 1 and wi-fi tethering enabled and now it has been Unlocked

Last edited:

JimJep

Nov 26, 2006
Eden Prairie
10. Insert a foreign SIM card not attached to your current provider (e.g if you have

Where can I go to get this SIM card?

Regards,

Jim Jep

sanfranx415

Nov 13, 2010
Where can I go to get this SIM card?

Regards,

Jim Jep
You can go out and buy any SIM card not attached to your phone example buy a prepaid SIM like SIMPLE MOBILE / TMOBILE etc.. put in any sim card that is not your carriers basically it does not have to be an International SIM if that's what your thinking

Hope this helps

sanfranx415

Nov 13, 2010
This one works and is much easier.

Also no root required (it does root the phone temporary but returns it to stock without you having to do anything).

Click me.
If you read through the posts of the link you posted no all get the code some get NULL some get nothing in this instance you actually see the code you are risking in changing file on your phone and possibly bricking your phone. My method is a simple file where your code is hidden.

To each his own, various methods I tried that link before I did mine and did not work so I tried my own method and what would you know It worked :)

Thanks again though for showing the options

Note: Please post your results thanks

Last edited:

NGOPHUSAI

Dec 28, 2006
Thankz Sanfranx415, your unlock instruction worked perfect for me. One thing i have noticed, Terminal Emulator didnt like back space, so be accurate with those commands, other than that yours is perfect. Thankz again.

shinydesert

Jan 26, 2011
Saint Louis,MO
Hi there.

Thanks for such a great and helpful post.I have a couple questions...what is the freeze code and what is the difference between this code and the freeze.

Once again thank you.

sanfranx415

Nov 13, 2010
The freeze code is the code you would use if you tried too many times to unlock your phone

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using XDA Premium App

sanfranx415

Nov 13, 2010
Thankz Sanfranx415, your unlock instruction worked perfect for me. One thing i have noticed, Terminal Emulator didnt like back space, so be accurate with those commands, other than that yours is perfect. Thankz again.

Yes terminal emulator can be sensitive but i'm glad your unlock was sucessful

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using XDA Premium App

bungles2

May 25, 2011
Milton FL
Re unlock code

Many thanks excellent hack I got there in the end without to many problems, just a quick comment it did return 4 codes 3 all the same 1 different however it was the single code that worked not the 3 the same! however for the faint of heart you do get 10 attempts again many thanks to all who contributed to this hack:D

paul1994

Feb 10, 2011
Worked like a charm

Thanks for your tutorial. This worked like a charm.

I had three entries come up and they all had the same code. Verified on a T-mobile Sim.

First time the codedid not work the second time it went in. I must of fat fingered the first try :D

varorafinance

Jul 16, 2010

All right ladies and gentlemen, coders and non coders again I have personally found the unlock code NOT THE FREEZE CODE only the unlock code for your Samsung Infuse 4G by ATT hidden in the same files as previous Samsung phones.

This procedure is similar to finding the unlock code for the Vibrant 4G for those that have performed my steps in the past it should be a no brainer but if not please once again read everything carefully its not hard but just takes patience Of-course this all depends on your dedication and time but hopefully I have simplified it for you.

Steps:

2. Go to your Infuse 4G and open a terminal emulator (free on the Market) - (Root Required)

_____

cd /dev/block <enter>
su <enter> <at this point your phone will ask for superuser access ALLOW it if you already haven't done so>

Go find the file on your SD Card or Internal Storage depending on your situation and transfer it to your computer

3. Open 010 Hex Editor

4. In 010 Hex Editor go to the Menus above and select VIEW>LINEFEEDS>SELECT CUSTOM>SET YOUR BYTES TO "32" Nothing Less

5. Locate the bml3.bak file you created and transfered to your computer and open it using the editor

6. Using your keyboard select CRTL+F to search for a hex string, when the search window pops up select "Hex byte" in the Type field and then search for the following string below:

"FFFFFFFFFF0100000000" ALL TOGETHER, Then Hit the FIND ALL button to the right, some of you will get many results and others up to 10 results on your screen below

7. If you look at your Hex editor there are 3 window panes on the selected line (See Image Below)

e.g 4CCC60h <-- Offset

unlock.jpg

8. Go through each result from the above search and you will see on the 3rd window pane (as shown on pic above) after the hex keys there is an 8 DIGIT CODE (Write this code Down) this is your unlock code NCK for your phone

Sidenote: SCAN THROUGH EACH RESULT AND YOU WILL SEE THAT IN YOUR RESULTS SOME OF YOU MAY GET UP TO 3 DIFFERENT 8 DIGIT CODES WRITE THEM ALL DOWN NORMALLY THE 8 DIGIT CODE THAT APPEARS THE MOST WILL BE THE ONE THAT UNLOCKS YOUR PHONE THE OTHER CODES MAY BE YOUR FREEZE CODE BUT I HAVE NOT TESTED THIS YET THIS 8 DIG CODE SHOULD SHOW ON AT-LEAST ONE MORE RESULT CHECK ALL YOUR RESULTS FROM THE SEARCH ABOVE( SOME OF YOU WILL HAVE YOUR CODE SHOWN AT-LEAST 2 TIMES AND SOME OF YOU WILL HAVE THE CODE SHOW MORE THAN 4 TIMES) YOUR RESULTS MAY VARY EVEN UP TO 39 RESULTS AGAIN SCAN THROUGH ALL RESULTS

9. Turn off your phone

10. Insert a foreign SIM card not attached to your current provider (e.g if you have ATT use a TMOBILE SIM CARD) and turn on your phone

11. You will be prompted to enter a Network Unlock Control Key ( Use the code above that you wrote down and type it in your phone exactly)

12. After entering your NCK please hit Unlock or GO button and you should see a screen that says "network unlock successful" and your phone should go in the main screen after your phone has been unlocked.

THATS IT FOLKS HAVE FUN

PS> If you entered an incorrect code you must of entered the wrong code or wrote it down wrong please read carefully and verify the code matches the results from above in at-least more than one instance

personally my INFUSE 4G has been rooted from day 1 and wi-fi tethering enabled and now it has been Unlocked
Thanks. OMG. I did not think that this would work or that I could get 010 Hex Editor to work for me, but, all of you, just take a breath, read carefully, and it works. I just unlocked my Infuse and T-Mobile and Airtel (India) sim cards are both working. I turned off and on my phone multiple times, and low and behold, it still works. Amazing. Thanks for all your work. I will definately donate. :)

G

garbagecanman

Worked like charm here. I just went into tmobile and they gave me a sim. :) just finished with an unlock successful. The reason I want it unlocked was to have free tethering (coming from an unlocked streak) but after the unlock when I go to settings it still says must have a plan or whatever at&t crap it says? Can anyone confirm that once unlocked you can tether and hotspots for free under at&t?

Thanks

Sent from my A500 using XDA Premium App

G

garbagecanman

I just wanted to share if you unlocked and are on stock and try to tether or use hotspot and get the verifying crap or you need a plan message you need to disable the system apk tethering manager is the name I believe. To do so you need to be rooted.

1.be rooted
2. Use root explorer to navigate to /system/app and search for tether manager I can't remember exactly but if you go to the T's its the only .apk with tether in the name.
3. Make sure you mount as r/w
4.long press on the target .apk and select rename
5. Rename to "tether whatever.bak" so just replace the extension .apk to .bak. Select ok and your done

Now you can tether and hotspot for free, enjoy

Note: if unlocked on running infused rom the tethering.apk has already been removed

Sent from my infused machine

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Steps:

_____

cd /dev/block <enter>

3. Open 010 Hex Editor

e.g 4CCC60h <-- Offset

unlock.jpg

9. Turn off your phone

THATS IT FOLKS HAVE FUN

The nv_data.bin file is in a different directory in JB. It's found under /efs/root/afs/settings

A quick and dirty way to find the lock code is to issue the following shell commands (under adb shell or using a terminal app)

Code:
    dd if=nv_data.bin skip=8 count=4 | strings

Thanks! This worked great on 4.2.2. :good:

@Antomir here are the exact commands that you need to issue to get your unlock code on JB.

cd /efs/root/afs/settings <enter>
    dd if=nv_data.bin skip=8 count=4 | strings <enter>

Your unlock code will be displayed in terminal emulator. something like this...
    4+0 records in
    4+0 records out
    2048 bytes transferred in 0.001 secs (2048000 bytes/sec)
    Hey I was wondering if I could acquire a little help. Every time I type in the code as instructed I get the error that the directory (or something along those lines) doesn't exist. After some reading I think I need to go back down to Gingerbread from Jelly bean? If this is the case and it ends up working my question is: If I get the unlock code with GB, will it still be unlocked when I flash to JB?

The nv_data.bin file is in a different directory in JB. It's found under /efs/root/afs/settings

A quick and dirty way to find the lock code is to issue the following shell commands (under adb shell or using a terminal app)

Code:
    dd if=nv_data.bin skip=8 count=4 | strings
    Thanks! This worked great on 4.2.2. :good:

@Antomir here are the exact commands that you need to issue to get your unlock code on JB.

cd /efs/root/afs/settings <enter>
    dd if=nv_data.bin skip=8 count=4 | strings <enter>

Your unlock code will be displayed in terminal emulator. something like this...
    4+0 records in
    4+0 records out
    2048 bytes transferred in 0.001 secs (2048000 bytes/sec)

Btw, the nv_data.bin file is located in the same location across froyo, gb, ics or jb. /efs/root/afs/settings

This method, "dd if=nv_data.bin skip=8 count=4 | strings" also works on all platform.
    This one works and is much easier.

Also no root required (it does root the phone temporary but returns it to stock without you having to do anything).

Click me.
    If you read through the posts of the link you posted no all get the code some get NULL some get nothing in this instance you actually see the code you are risking in changing file on your phone and possibly bricking your phone. My method is a simple file where your code is hidden.

To each his own, various methods I tried that link before I did mine and did not work so I tried my own method and what would you know It worked :)

Thanks again though for showing the options

Note: Please post your results thanks