ICS on Xoom= WOOOOOWWW

Search This thread

tsider214

Mar 12, 2011
cant find anyone carrying the camera connector...so I guess the connector for xoom to PC won't work if you add a double USB b end....this sucks....have the update an no way to load it

rdtshaw

Jan 24, 2011
Monterey, CA
Team EOS ICS is fantastic on the XOOM!

Still licking my lips after the taste of Ice Cream Sandwich I got loaded up. Running Team EOS Nightlys Stingray 15 on 4G Verizon Xoom with *NO* issues what so ever. ADW Launcher EX on top. Did a CWM load with Team Rogue Recovery. Data, Cache, and dalvick wipe. reloaded all apps direct from market, and amazon market. Then restored app data via TiBackup.

The speed is much better, using "ondemand" Govenor. Buttery smooth, ipad smooth. I'm set to 1.2Ghz overclock, going to try underclocking for better battery, see if the speed is still usable. My battery life is better, not huge but I noticed the difference. I'm an onsite IT Consultant and work out of my car. I run the battery down every day doing skype and remote support with teamviewer and logmein. Kindle in between jobs. This is all the stuff I use and working 100%:

4G Data
Wifi
Camera, video cam, panorama
4G Tethering (tethered my wife's ipad, worked great!)
Exchange email
HDMI
ADW EX
Teamviewer
PC Monitor
Logmein
Evernote
USB OTG (works with my Seagate 500GB Goflex, various thumb drives. But not my 16GB Lacie Iamakey USB Drive, same on HC just won't mount. Drive mount sees it, but just fails. :( )
Drive Mount (Hung a couple times, but a reboot sorted it. The app itself is a touch tweeky under HC too so no ICS issue opinion from me...)
SDCardXD
AppyGeek
All my banking apps (USAA, BofA, Paypal)
ebay
Plants vs Zombies.
Kindle
Anreboot

I usually run ROMs on my phones or tablet for a couple days and end up reverting back to rooted stock because of nit picky issues, but this has been SOLID. I'd normally say I can't wait for stock ROM to be released, but I think it would be limiting compared to the Team EOS build. Nice job guys! Just need a good ICS build for my thunderbolt. anyone? :)

Cheers!

Rob

---------- Post added at 08:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:22 PM ----------

cant find anyone carrying the camera connector...so I guess the connector for xoom to PC won't work if you add a double USB b end....this sucks....have the update an no way to load it

Pull your SD card and put it in your phone? or use SDCardXD to copy it to your SD card directly on your Xoom. (What I do.) or maybe I'm missing something you got going on... Hope you can get it loaded!

Last edited:

SlCKB0Y

Jul 15, 2010
Also another annoyance in honeycomb... On the web, to refresh a page, you must go to the top of the page and hit refresh? On gingerbread you can just hit the options button, pop up the little options box at the bottom of the screen and hit refresh...

Huh? Under honeycomb you just touch the browser tab and the toolbar drops down. You don't have to go to the top of the page.

sparksd

Sep 26, 2010
Seattle, WA
I loaded the "official" leaked ICS on my WiFi Xoom after moving it back to stock. Only real issue I've found so far is that Amazon Prime Instant Video doesn't work very well - picture is choppy, broken up though sound is OK. Using Flash 11.1, this is the only site I see a problem in. Anyone else tried it?

Dave

ps wrt loading ICS, I had to try 3 similarly-formatted USB drives before I got one that worked.

tsider214

Mar 12, 2011
i just can't get it to work...lol the otg hook up I am using is not the best...

---------- Post added at 01:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:39 PM ----------

will any micro OTG cable work?

mowog

Oct 9, 2011
I loaded the "official" leaked ICS on my WiFi Xoom after moving it back to stock. Only real issue I've found so far is that Amazon Prime Instant Video doesn't work very well - picture is choppy, broken up though sound is OK. Using Flash 11.1, this is the only site I see a problem in. Anyone else tried it?

Dave

I've noticed the same thing. With the stock browser its very choppy but you can go to full screen. In dolphin hd its also very choppy and the screen goes white if you try to go to full screen and the browser will need to closed before you can use it again. Dolphin seems to lock up on other sites as well when you switch to full screen.

sparksd

Sep 26, 2010
Seattle, WA
I've noticed the same thing. With the stock browser its very choppy but you can go to full screen. In dolphin hd its also very choppy and the screen goes white if you try to go to full screen and the browser will need to closed before you can use it again. Dolphin seems to lock up on other sites as well when you switch to full screen.

That matches what I am seeing - it's bad in the stock browser but at least it doesn't lock up like Dolphin (for tablet or the HD version). There was a Flash update today but the Prime Video problem is still there.

Dave

Jan 13, 2012
Did anyone get facial recognition to work?

Yea, I'm using it, it works very well actually. I did have to "improve" it a few times due to glasses, hats, and unruly morning hair but I'm impressed how well it works and how fast it is. It usually unlocks the Xoom before I even put my fingers over the PIN entry.

(Running EOS 4G nightly #23)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I suppose there will be less apps optimised for the tablets on ICS currently than there is for gingerbread?

However, with the nexus running ICS, and ICScoming soon to a hell of a lot of galaxy s2's all over the world, I imagine they'll be a lot more tablet optimised apps than gingerbread, and a lot quicker?

Which ROM would you recommend? I prefer a vanilla experience if possible, hence I picked the Xoom over the galaxy tab 10, despite my love for my Galaxy S2! :)

Also, can you confirm, if running ICS, if the notification system works how i'd like again?

Cheers.

Matt.
    I really love the configuration in my signature. I'm pretty loyal to the EOS/Tiamat team and their productions, and honestly, I think their ICS builds are the most complete and stable.

Yes you'll get your flashing notification light, etc...
    ICS = the Xoom reborn. Enough said...
    If any of you have been hesitant about trying out ICS on the Xoom, hesitate no more! This thing runs amazing with it on here. EVERYTHING, I repeat, everything just works better/faster/smoother. I had been waiting for the 4g issues to be fixed and now that it has been taken care of I had to switch. I am completely blown away. I am running the Xoom Zone ROM and it is just plain AWESOME! The only thing that I will miss (for now) is the camera, but I can't go back to honeycomb. I am sure others will chime in and agree with me. I have ICS on my Nexus and now on my Xoom and couldn't be happier :). Google has done a wonderful job with this OS!!!

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk
    Camera is now working thanks to team EOS.
    Whole tablet is faster in general. Not all games that worked with moray work on ice. It seems like the ones that fail fail at license checks...