Search This thread

malybru

Retired Senior Moderator
Aug 16, 2006
London
Google Pixel 7 Pro
Ok. Noticed the first link is s-off, but in the second link it is recommended to not do a s-off, especially for people with 1.27 hboot...like me. So I would assume the second link is a better choice.

Hi,

S-on/S-off is a decision you need to make.
Like I said, read up on both and make a decision on which one suits you best,and which one suits your needs.

:)

undercover

Oct 10, 2010
London, UK
Lol malybru. Might as well link up all the roms :p I know you like linking stuff. :D

Let's put it this way.
ARHD is as close to stock as it gets
IC is heavily optimised. Don't know about ARHD but heavy optimisation with IC means that quality of the ROM varies from version to version. IE, IC with sense 3.6 latest is 5.5.0, but I rolled back to 5.1.8 as I find it better overall with best battery life I ever had (stock kernel, I always use stock kernel, my Sensation seems not to like custom ones ).

Sent from my HTC Sensation XE with Beats Audio using xda premium

malybru

Retired Senior Moderator
Aug 16, 2006
London
Google Pixel 7 Pro
Yeah I will do that. Think I will go with the second link. That IC rom you linked looks very good indeed. Now I dunno what to go for lol.

Hi,

You will find with that second link that you can flash both ROMS(one at a time :p )
Then you can decide which one you like.
You can actually flash ANY 3.6 ICS ROM.
You will find them all HERE

:D

kgs1992

May 8, 2012
Bangalore
Got some weird error 155, didn't even get it to recovery.

Anyone know what that is or how to fix it?

I'm on a tmous sensation so it has to be the right RUU right?

Are you sure you aren't already returned to stock?
Switch off the phone, take your battery out, re-insert & then boot to boot loader (vol. down + tap the power button)

ganeshp

Mar 15, 2012
Hyderabad

Error 155 is connection issues
Run the RUU on pc with your Phone in fastboot (phone should read fastboot usb)

Also if you are htcdev unlocked Then relock it and run

If you follow these two steps you won't have any issues :) (hopefully)

Sent from my pyramid.. Through blazing fast sonic waves

trkaaa

Feb 13, 2010

• this caused by one reason , your bootloader is unlocked by htc dev , " and rarely happen because of Gold card "
  • relock the bootloader and flash RUU
  • there is the latest t-mobile RUU TMOUS Stock ICS *RELEASE* 3.32.531.14 ( by steeve ) here http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1654347
  • make sure of the download ? one of the links will give .bin , i corrected it to .exe and md5 was ok , but better look for other source
  • also there is a flashable zip for it " Rooted and Stock , 99.99% pure stock " to be flashed as a custom Rom

Last edited:

cirian75

Oct 23, 2007
Chorlton, Manchester
I have a bunch of questions

Looking at the XE as my rooted ICS'd Amazon kindle and the iPhones hotspot are not playing nice together :mad:

1 Battery life

2 3G signal strength

3 WiFi hotspot stabilty

Asking about that stabily cause I have unlimited data on my plan = my phone is my broadband.

syruz

Jan 4, 2011
what the HBOOT details say ?
if you still have revolutionary/juopunutbear HBOOT rather than *Locked* HBOOT after running RUU

then that is the reason for SOFF command not working
to solve that RUN the RUU again and make sure that the HBOOT says *LOcked*
then do the oem writesecureflag 3 command

---------- Post added at 07:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:56 PM ----------

where did you get that .cab file its cabinet file format...a microsoft windows compression format
gime the link to that .cab file

here's the link sir.. http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=4005711&postcount=6

thank you

malybru

Retired Senior Moderator
Aug 16, 2006
London
Google Pixel 7 Pro
Is it possible to check CID from recovery and/or any such info like MID and IMEI etc ?

Hi,

You can check your original CID by getting "CID Getter" from the market.
To find your original cid:

Type

Code:
getprop ro.cid

in a terminal on your phone .

To check your ACTUAL CID, make sure you have adb installed and reboot the phone into FASTBOOT. Then type:

fastboot getvar cid

:)

orangekid

Sr. Mod / Mod Committee / RC-RT Committee
Staff member
Apr 10, 2009
  • this caused by one reason , your bootloader is unlocked by htc dev , " and rarely happen because of Gold card "
  • relock the bootloader and flash RUU
  • there is the latest t-mobile RUU TMOUS Stock ICS *RELEASE* 3.32.531.14 ( by steeve ) here http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1654347
  • make sure of the download ? one of the links will give .bin , i corrected it to .exe and md5 was ok , but better look for other source
  • also there is a flashable zip for it " Rooted and Stock , 99.99% pure stock " to be flashed as a custom Rom

How do I relock the bootloader?

ganeshp

Mar 15, 2012
Hyderabad
Thanks, but I asked about doing it from recovery.

Those are the only two three ways to find cid
There is no way to find the cid from recovery

oops my mistake..forgot that adb works from recovery too :D

EDIT: btw i tried this..weird thing is even though i can get into shell
i was unable to run getprop ro.cid (as the getprop was not being found:confused:)

Sent from my pyramid.. Through blazing fast sonic waves

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 4605439

switching ROMs

I have been running ARHD 6.6.3 and it is running smoothly but I want to try out the new OrDroid 7.1.3. I thought all I had to do to switch would be
-boot into recovery
-run superwipe
-install OrDroid from sd card (in recovery mode)

but when I do this and try to restart it just goes into bootloop. What step for switching between ROMs am I missing?

(I used a Nandroid backup to restore back to my previous settings so right now I am running ARHD 6.6.3 like it was prior to trying to switch to OrDroid)

joaquinf

Sep 17, 2010
Bucaramanga
Thanks, but I asked about doing it from recovery.

While being on recovery connect your phone to pc and run the this adb command :p
Code:
adb shell
getprop ro.cid
you are still on recovery :D

EDIT: that will display your original CID no matter if you are supercid'ed .. to find out your actual CID follow malybru's advice by running the fastboot command

Last edited:
Reactions: kgs1992

Top Liked Posts