Votes: 1 33.3%
  • HTC Amaze 4G Tough Cases

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Search This thread

valdes.edy

Jan 18, 2012
Looking to get a new case and was hoping to hear some opinions from those of you with cases or whom have had a chance to try a few out. I currently have the D30 flex protective cover from T-mobile (black and for sale if anyone wants it 10$ no drops). I really like the D30 material and have enjoyed their past products but my girlfriend's phone just broke (not using D30, but it got me thinking). Given that the Amaze is a heavier phone and the glass sticks out so much I feel I should step up the protection on this phone to prevent knicks on the bottom two corners that could potentially cause cracks. I've looked around at a few cases and have narrowed it down to a few.

-Trident Kraken AMS Case w/ Holster for HTC Amaze 4G, Blue

-Ballistic Case for HTC Amaze 4G / Ruby

-HTC Amaze 4G Tough Cases

(If I'm missing some amazing case let me know)

Price really isn't a factor, they are relatively the same price, and in the end it is a good idea to get something that will work and last in the sense of protecting an investment.

Only issues I have heard of but have not found anything concrete to go off of have been:

-Covering of rear holes (Receptiom, WiFi, noise cancellation; although I don't think I'd mind making them myself if I decided strongly on a case without them)

-Inaccurate fitment (as in the hard part of the case falling off easily or likely on impact)

-Thickness leading to lack of efficiency (no more pocketing, bricklike, etc)

-Magical Lint magnets (need I say more?_

Give me your thoughts and opinions if you'd like, or make a "case" for a case.

Thanks in advance!

KBJ3

Jan 27, 2012
I'm going to go ahead and make my 1st post. This is a good thread. I think you have a general idea of the best case for the Amaze already. You want to make a smart purchase, and not buy something only to find out next week what you really wanted is just posted. My advice would be make the best decision based on the facts you have already stated; keep us up to date, let us know the pros and cons. Then if anyone else makes a thread like this we can always link them to this post. As it is already quite informative ;)

Sent from my HTC_Amaze_4G using XDA App

Reactions: Double0EK

havlaz

Aug 10, 2010
tpu case is the best for me... for my sensation and in a week , to my amaze as well..

Sent from my HTC Sensation XE with Beats Audio using xda premium

Draciel882

May 3, 2010
Alberta, Canada
I have a Trident Aegis case for my Amaze and let me say, it kicks ass. The screen protector that comes with it really blows but I just put on a Invisible Shield instead. Even though the case isn't the most protective one that Trident produces, my phone feels really secure in it. Its not much of a lint magnet, but it attracts cat hair like none other lol It has covers for the charge port and headphone jack. The only problem is that if you don't have any finger nails, the charge port cover is hard as hell to get out. It fits in a pocket decently as long as you're not wearing tight ass jeans. I feel like my phone is rather protected and I'm rather impressed with it. I highly recommend it.

tt2ride

Feb 11, 2012
SFO
I got mine from eBay (shipped from California) and it is cheap and good quality. The case case and screen protectors (a few of them) are just a few bucks.

kazzxtrismus

Feb 9, 2009
I gut the Trident kracken in rd d silicone.. silicone kicks ass the hard plastic fits good..
no lint problems.
Needed to drill the ambient light and noise holes myself for a big improvement...
Also the belt clip thing is good but I don't like it over the screen face...if it breaks that will be some nasty jagged plastic directly jamming into my touch screen..
I am very confident my phone will be safe in this case on my construction job sites
I wish it had a hinged door like screen cover...I had that years ago on a compaq PDA... Worked great as a stand too
Sent from my HTC Amaze 4G using xda premium

Last edited:
G

glacierguy

I have tmobiles D3O impact protection case. I've dropped my phone a few times now and its still in perfect condition. It's also not very bulky either.

Sent from my HTC_Amaze_4G using xda premium

babymatteo

Aug 30, 2011
SoCal
I really like my body glove case w/ kickstand. If not, the Amzer TPU cases is high quality case too. If you're looking to get a TPU case, look for Amzer cases...you won't regret it.

hasoon2000

Feb 22, 2008
Orland Park, Illinois
www.hasoon2000.info
I bought this TPU case on eBay when I first bought the phone. I love it and it is cheap. It is really durable for the phone. Best $2.50 investment I ever made lol

Edited by Moderator: [ebay link removed]

Posting links to external sites such as ebay and craigslist is prohibited. Please take a few minutes to read the rules. Understanding them will avoid problems in the future. :)

Last edited by a moderator:

JesseMT4G

Aug 30, 2011
Youngstown
Loving my Ballastic case! Thing makes it like a tank, but I am fine with that. I know I will be okay if I drop it. Best 20 bucks I have spent for this phone!

Sent from my HTC_Amaze_4G using Tapatalk

hyperkamote

Aug 28, 2009
Binan
Got The Trident Kraken AMS Case w/ Holster (Red)

As you can see in The Pictures Your Phone will look like a heavyweight worry-free drop device.. it has a nice kick stand which will easily break for overtime used but perfect angle as well when in viewing/watching mode..

Will do further review if ever.. :D

Attachments

• IMG_1759.jpg
    IMG_1759.jpg
    242.9 KB · Views: 151
  • IMG_1760.jpg
    IMG_1760.jpg
    240.5 KB · Views: 142
  • IMG_1762.jpg
    IMG_1762.jpg
    249.2 KB · Views: 145
  • IMG_1763.jpg
    IMG_1763.jpg
    259.2 KB · Views: 135
Reactions: Cheshire.Love

gumshield

Feb 18, 2012
am i the only man that swears otterbox kick all the other cases into obscurity? Bit more pricey but hell you have a £400+ device so whats a few brown backs extra to keep it proteced, plus it looks great!

hyperkamote

Aug 28, 2009
Binan
am i the only man that swears otterbox kick all the other cases into obscurity? Bit more pricey but hell you have a £400+ device so whats a few brown backs extra to keep it proteced, plus it looks great!

I think otterbox for the amaze will not be made or they are planning to due to the fact that the amaze is not a all rounded carrier phones, i think Telus and T-Mobile only carry them as for now and rumor has that the Amaze 4g from T-Mobile will be pulled out because it is not selling well on T-Mobile Everyone get's the GS2 because of the bigger screen.. And as i ask one of the sales rep's in T-Mobile they will be releasing a Samsung Galaxy Note Next Year.. hope it's true or she is not shtn me...

rubyman94

Nov 13, 2010
honestly i woldnt even think about buying the kraken since it has clips and would brake whenever you drop it. i would really recommend you to get the aegis trident case since in my opinion is more solid than the kraken.

tylr0drdn

Dec 29, 2011
trident kraken

Ive had the trident aegis and the ballistic sg series and the trident kraken. The trident kraken is the best one I've found so far....as far as a case that protects everything...that's easy they don't exist lol. The kraken has dust covers and a nice fit and a belt clip..but the screen protector sucks..no protection for the camera...the dust plugs are a pain to get out...and the belt clip protects nothing when attached (but the back does face out) it covers about one sixth of the phone and is a pain to get on and off.....but i think its the best option as I think t Mobile pissed someone off or something bc no one is making a supremely awesome case for the amaze.. I've looked for sometime now...

adsinnott1

Dec 15, 2010
Louisville
Ive had the trident aegis and the ballistic sg series and the trident kraken. The trident kraken is the best one I've found so far....as far as a case that protects everything...that's easy they don't exist lol. The kraken has dust covers and a nice fit and a belt clip..but the screen protector sucks..no protection for the camera...the dust plugs are a pain to get out...and the belt clip protects nothing when attached (but the back does face out) it covers about one sixth of the phone and is a pain to get on and off.....but i think its the best option as I think t Mobile pissed someone off or something bc no one is making a supremely awesome case for the amaze.. I've looked for sometime now...

So did you not like the Ballistic? I think that it would have great protection and not make the phone as bulky as the Kraken. And it already has the holes cut around the camera.

tofuwrice

Sep 19, 2011
Getting the ballistic case should arrive next week. Will post back when I get it.

Initial impressions are that it looks like it can survive a fall and has all the ports covered and looks nice. Also it has the 3 holes cut out from the back around the camera that the trident doesn't have. Doesn't seem too bulky either.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I'm going to go ahead and make my 1st post. This is a good thread. I think you have a general idea of the best case for the Amaze already. You want to make a smart purchase, and not buy something only to find out next week what you really wanted is just posted. My advice would be make the best decision based on the facts you have already stated; keep us up to date, let us know the pros and cons. Then if anyone else makes a thread like this we can always link them to this post. As it is already quite informative ;)

Sent from my HTC_Amaze_4G using XDA App
    Got The Trident Kraken AMS Case w/ Holster (Red)

As you can see in The Pictures Your Phone will look like a heavyweight worry-free drop device.. it has a nice kick stand which will easily break for overtime used but perfect angle as well when in viewing/watching mode..

Will do further review if ever.. :D
    Just got the case, shipping took forever from US -> Canada.

Ballistic seems to be more leaning to protection first then everything else second. Otterbox does well balancing Appearance/Protection/Bulk that's why it is so popular. It seems to be built with quality materials and they're no fitting issues for me. The 3 holes are not covered in the back so that is a plus over the Trident. It is quite bulky and thick coming from an otterbox on my old phone. Each corner has a bit of a bulge coming out which is suppose to absorb shock when the phone falls. Headphone and USB port are not covered but every other button is. Buttons that are covered are very responsive and feel nice. Not as heavy as I thought it would be which is a good thing, actually quite light. I wouldn't be scared to drop my phone at all. Probably the best case for the Amaze on the market right now. But if Otterbox released a case I would be tempted to buy it.

9.5/10 Protection -0.5 for no usb/headphone cover and camera is a bit exposed.

8/10 Price- I got it for $28 shipped to Canada not bad. Around same for otterbox.

7/10 Bulk- More on the thicker side but lightweight. Not as bulky as Trident I think.

8/10 Appearance- It looks nice and rugged but doesn't have finesse like the otterbox. But it does feel really good in the hands.

10/10 Build Quality/Materials - Seems as if the materials are well made and can stand up to punishment. Lightweight and functional.

Will be subject to editing and more review as I use it. But overall happy with purchase and this case does what it is suppose to do PROTECT my phone.