[MOD]SICK REZOUND BEATS COMMERCIAL boot animation *NOW WITH SOUND**LANDSCAPE*

Search This thread

LakerStar25

Jan 25, 2011
LA
It's easy just download and unzip the file and use root explorer or something like it and rename the old file to .old or .bak grab the unzipped one and put in the same spot and your good to go same thing with sound file.
Sent from my ICS Rezound

Last edited:

nosympathy

Dec 19, 2010
Cincinnati
Works great on Bamf .09. My only thing would be could it be cropped maybe so everything isn't distorted? Really the only part that looked funny from this was when you see the rezound with text.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using XDA

zonbal33

Sep 30, 2009
can anyone proportion it properly so its not all distorted and smashed together? its great idea but looks horrible right now.

sanders539

Mar 7, 2012
Elba, Alabama
Do I need to place the .zip file in the folder I mentioned above? The other boot animations were .zip files.

sanders539

Mar 7, 2012
Elba, Alabama
bamf version posted in OP. test it and let me know

Didn't work.

Am I doing something wrong? This is the first "mod" I am doing on my phone. So I wanted something that wouldn't mess my phone up and that would be easy to fix.

I am putting the zip on the root of the SD card. Getting into recovery/flash zip menu. Selecting the file and flashing. I can't remember the exact wording, but the flash was successful.

The customize/resource folder has an HTC bootanimation and a Vigor_VZW_bootanimation. Neither of them play though. Do I need to rename this file?

racinwarrior

Aug 12, 2010
Didn't work.

Am I doing something wrong? This is the first "mod" I am doing on my phone. So I wanted something that wouldn't mess my phone up and that would be easy to fix.

I am putting the zip on the root of the SD card. Getting into recovery/flash zip menu. Selecting the file and flashing. I can't remember the exact wording, but the flash was successful.

The customize/resource folder has an HTC bootanimation and a Vigor_VZW_bootanimation. Neither of them play though. Do I need to rename this file?

that should be correct

i looked at the xml code from bamf.

he is using /data/local for the boot animation :

BootConfiguration>
<BootAnimation animation="/data/local/Vigor_VZW_bootanimation.zip" />
</BootConfiguration>

thats where the bamf zip should install to

you can take the zip file, remove the vigor_vzw_bootanimation.zip and paste it into /data/local, change the permissions to rw-r-r and reboot

sanders539

Mar 7, 2012
Elba, Alabama
that should be correct

i looked at the xml code from bamf.

he is using /data/local for the boot animation :

BootConfiguration>
<BootAnimation animation="/data/local/Vigor_VZW_bootanimation.zip" />
</BootConfiguration>

thats where the bamf zip should install to

you can take the zip file, remove the vigor_vzw_bootanimation.zip and paste it into /data/local, change the permissions to rw-r-r and reboot

How do change permissions? I was unable to paste, delete, or rename anything in the customize/resources folder before.

racinwarrior

Aug 12, 2010
How do change permissions? I was unable to paste, delete, or rename anything in the customize/resources folder before.

you need to use root explorer or es file explorer

you need to be rooted and have r/w file access (button in top right corner of root explorer or menu>settings>enable root and mount as r/w in es file explorer)

if you long press on the file you can choose permissions (root explorer) or properties (es file explorer) then change them to rw-r-r

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    so i saw this commercial:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t9ySI7-_O0s

and had to make a boot animation from it.

basically its the whole commercial sped up to allow the phone to boot. it also has a black HTC splash screen and the original beats audio sequence slowed down a little.

flash in recovery and enjoy

(tested on CleanROM ICS , but should work for any ROM with the Vigor_VZW_bootanimtation in /system/cutomize/resource. If your boot animation is not located here, extract the file from the zip, rename it to whatever you boot animation is named and drop it in the folder after making a backup of the original boot animation zip file)

*i dont have any way of shooting a video of it in action so if someone wants to do that it would be awesome.*

DOWNLOAD - FLASH IN RECOVERY
    ADD SOUND - FLASH IN RECOVERY (volume level is controlled by your "media volume" in sound settings)

BAMf USERS: download the file, move the Vigor_VZW_bootanimation.zip to data/local on your phone, change permissions to RW-R-R, reboot

REVERT TO STOCK (for clean ROM)
    BAMF STOCK
    I contacted the OP, he does not have the file.

I pulled the video off YouTube and remade it for my ROM.

Here are the animation file, and sound file.

This is NOT flashable. Just the two files.

Use as you like.

D

Dude your a genius! Totally downloading!
    Yeah I messed with the speed for a while. To slow and the video wouldn't play through and too fast made it look like a slide show. I had to comprise.

Awesome job.
    Worked on Scott's Ics v3.6

Nice job!