English repack of 1.28.1400.6 for One X [updated]

Search This thread

gapper100

May 11, 2009
Middelburg
Okay, here we go :)

I installed it as well. Did a full wipe, flashed the 'tomcr'-file first, then the ROM, and finally the boot.img via fastboot. Restored all my apps via Titanium Backup, rebooted, wiped /cache and dalvik-cache, and gave the phone some time to build caches again.
A few things I noticed:

The good:
  • The NvCPL Service finally works for me as well.
  • The glitch in the drag-down menu is gone.
  • Screen on/off button responds REALLY fast, feels quite amazing!
  • Calendar widget no longer crashes.
  • 'Certain days not showing up/or being double'-bug is gone.
  • All Tegra-games work fluently now.
  • Three-dot menu is gone in YouTube, so I suppose it's probably gone in some other apps as well. (Suggestions which on I should check?)
  • Feels a little smoother overall.
The bad:
  • Force 2D-GPU Rendering still won't stick
  • Rosie still slows down a little with a lot of widgets, though it seems better than before.
  • The bug in the timer-app is still there.
  • Call-settings menu is still laggy/slow.
  • Screen-flicker on maximum brightness is still there.
  • Screen jumping in certain areas is still there.
  • Screen gradient background when (un)installing app still isn't smooth.
  • Live wallpaper still stops moving when scrolling through homescreens.
  • Screen stays on (though black and dimmed) while charging.
The neutral:
  • The type of data connection (G/3G/H) always shows, even when connected to wifi
  • There is no option to add Google Account (probably due to the Chinese origin, as Paul suggested)
I'll keep playing with it and report back :) So far, looks like a great update, can't wait for the WWE-version!

Last edited:

casca

No bugs so far :)

The battery time is just fantastic in standby now!
Check the final standby stage from the screenshot...it's a straight line! Lol
The rest of the graphic doesn't really count since I actually was screwing around testing other stuff so...

Kaska

http://db.tt/8kDTzENR

Sent from my HTC One X using XDA

Last edited:

gapper100

May 11, 2009
Middelburg
No bugs so far :)

The battery time is just fantastic in standby now!
Check the final standby stage from the screenshot...it's a straight line! Lol
The rest of the graphic doesn't really count since I actually was screwing around testing other stuff so...

Kaska

http://db.tt/8kDTzENR

No bugs so far..? Have you tried some from the list I posted above? Would you care to confirm them? :)

casca

Well, in resume i confirm all that you said about the good and the neutral,but about the bad,

I haven't tested:
[*]Force 2D-GPU Rendering still won't stick:confused:
[*]The bug in the timer-app is still there.:confused:

And Don't agree with:
[*]Rosie still slows down a little with a lot of widgets, though it seems better than before.
I think it's smooth:thumbup:
[*]Screen-flicker on maximum brightness is still there.
Never had it, and still don't:thumbup:
[*]Screen jumping in certain areas is still there.
Never bad it, and still don't:thumbup:
[*]Call-settings menu is still laggy/slow.
Looking fast and smooth:thumbup:
[*]Screen gradient background when (un)installing app still isn't smooth.
It's nice on mine:thumbup:

Last edited:

gapper100

May 11, 2009
Middelburg
Well, in resume i confirm all that you said about the good and the neutral,but about the bad,

I haven't tested:
[*]Force 2D-GPU Rendering still won't stick
[*]Screen jumping in certain areas is still there.
[*]The bug in the timer-app is still there.
[*]Call-settings menu is still laggy/slow.
[*]Screen gradient background when (un)installing app still isn't smooth.

And Don't agree with:
[*]Rosie still slows down a little with a lot of widgets, though it seems better than before.
I think it's smooth
[*]Screen-flicker on maximum brightness is still there.
Never had it, and still Don't

Okay, maybe I'm just whining about Rosie then, it is indeed a lot smoother than it was before, and a reboot just made it a little better again. There's still just a little bit of stutter which I don't think should be there. I have, however, seen phones that don't have this stutter, so it might be something about my particular homescreen-setup!

About the screen-flicker: I never thought I had it either, but I decided to test it anyway, because so may people are affected by it. If you set your brightness to max (so not auto-brightness), and just stay in that exact screen (screenshot below), the area around the selector, so the part that's shaded out, is flickering. Please confirm? :)
screenflicker.jpg

lexi1986

Sep 30, 2007
Zeist
I have the screen flikkering also. Mine is going for repair on monday to HTC

Cass67

Jan 19, 2010
I think i found a problem.
Only while charging, the screen wont fully turn off.
Can anyone confirm this?

Yes, noticed too on 1.28 the backlight stays on ..

---------- Post added at 02:04 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:58 AM ----------

are the glitches gone in this? the status bar glitch and the corruption glitch in gallery?

One thing i have noticed on 1.28 is the complete and utter lack of glitching .. no whacky artefacts in status bar or other animation type scenarios .

Foggy79

Feb 26, 2010
Okay, maybe I'm just whining about Rosie then, it is indeed a lot smoother than it was before, and a reboot just made it a little better again. There's still just a little bit of stutter which I don't think should be there. I have, however, seen phones that don't have this stutter, so it might be something about my particular homescreen-setup!

About the screen-flicker: I never thought I had it either, but I decided to test it anyway, because so may people are affected by it. If you set your brightness to max (so not auto-brightness), and just stay in that exact screen (screenshot below), the area around the selector, so the part that's shaded out, is flickering. Please confirm? :)
screenflicker.jpg

No screen flicker here..

shree.cse

Apr 30, 2010
Bangalore
Ok, thank you for the feedback.
I've tested with full wipe but the problem is still there, so it's rom related i think.

Could it have something to do with the flashed boot.img?

No it was just related with games (I think). Any way you have to flash the boot.img for better performance

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: casca

casca

No it was just related with games (I think). Any way you have to flash the boot.img for better performance

OK. Since it influenced the games, I was just wondering if it could be related with the screen not fully turning off while charging, but you're probably right.
That should be something easy to find (I think) for a developer to check, it's probably related with the charging instructions from the 1.28 rom files.
Like I said, I've tried and wiped everything just to make sure but the problem still persists.

shree.cse

Apr 30, 2010
Bangalore
OK. Since it influenced the games, I was just wondering if it could be related with the screen not fully turning off while charging, but you're probably right.
That should be something easy to find (I think) for a developer to check, it's probably related with the charging instructions from the 1.28 rom files.
Like I said, I've tried and wiped everything just to make sure but the problem still persists.
Don't worry mate, may be this was the reason why most developers don't touch Chinese leaks.
It's probably a Rom issue. I had this kind of problem with my hd2 when it was first running Android. I hope this problem wont persist in 1.28 WWE

~Immo~

Apr 15, 2012
Yeah i noticed the screen on while charging last night...

I also noticed that it does not seem to charge when the phone is off? i get the red light to say its charging but it drained after about 20 mins on charge.

It also just powered up on its own, that's how i first noticed the issue

casca

Yeah i noticed the screen on while charging last night...

I also noticed that it does not seem to charge when the phone is off? i get the red light to say its charging but it drained after about 20 mins on charge.

It also just powered up on its own, that's how i first noticed the issue

In my case it was charging but it actually scared the crap out of me since I left it charging OFF at about 2am,went to bed and at about 5am I woke up with the htc sound booting up...damn! lol
I believe last week it had the same behaviour with the release 1.26.402.1 and I never understood why was the phone ON when I arrived home.
Maybe when the device fully charges, it boots himself up alone for some reason. It's now the second time this happens with my device.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi folks!

I've repacked the Chinese 1.28.1400.6 update to experiment for my own use, so thought i'd share it here.

It is the update with all Chinese removed, missing bits added and optimised with the MCR build system. It should be flashed via ClockworkMod recovery, and you MUST back up first! To flash, first flash the 'tomcr' update zip, then the ROM update zip. If you are returning to a stock based ROM without wiping /data, you must use the 'tostock' update zip before doing so.

There are 2 known issues, the first is that a 'data connection status' icon persists in the top bar, the second is that, due to the Chinese origins of the ROM, the option to add / edit Google account settings is missing from Accounts and Sync. You can add accounts however via the settings menu of the Gmail app.

Enjoy, let us know how you get on! :)

• ROM download - DOWNLOAD - MD5: e4dce4c0461612f7de765cd4b92e11ee
    • 'to MCR' update zip (see above) - DOWNLOAD - MD5: 418c9d6da2bc869d5bbaf1ad8def2095
    • 'to Stock' update zip (see above) - DOWNLOAD - MD5: 950ce66bb4cccda5c5d129e4af55085f
    now we're talking! So far, this is the best experience I've had with the phone.

I've flashed the boot.img from the zip and teeter works again (smoothly)! All the games I tried are working again.

The only thing I'm seeing, is that livewallpapers aren't still working properly (set it to nexus wallpaper and you will see a pause and resume, very shortly after sliding the home screen sideways)

In my opinion (if I may, obviously), in order to avoid silly questions/comments like my previous ones, I suggest that you update your first post with instructions to:
    - after flashing the rom zip file, extract it's boot.img and flash it using cmd fastboot flash boot boot.img
    - download the new version of NvCPLSvc.apk and with root explorer or some other similar app, copy it to /system/app and set the files permissions like all of the other apps in the folder
    - boot up and enjoy the power! muahahahaha

Once again, I'll keep posting my findings but for now the only "issue" was really the live wallpaper (I can certainly live with that lol!)

BTW, either I haven't understood it very well or from your first post: "...There are 2 known issues, the first is that a 'data connection status' icon persists in the top bar..." isn't really a bug but a minor visual connection upgrade that simply indicates you what sort of coverage and connection you are having at the moment. (Just my thought though...)

thank you for your hard work and dedication Paul.
    Hey folks!

I updated the zip to include the NvCPLSvc APK and to resolve the issue writing the boot.img.

P
    Could somebody who has installed this please check if the NvCPLSvc.apk has been installed in the system/app directory. :)
    I posted a correctly signed NvCPLSvc.apk for this ROM here - http://cl.ly/2r403i0h2x0n132t0a0a - push to /system/app.

P
    Just tried and like the other 1.28 repack games don't play. The constant data icon I believe only shows which type of connection you have as the active data icon is seperate and appears in the top left.

Just for those wondering the live wall papers still stutter....