HTC One stuck at HTC quietly brilliant

Search This thread

maxt95

Feb 6, 2014
To start off, I have had my htc one for about 4 months and around December my battery died and I charged it back up. I was then shown the boot loader screen which I never had seen before. Ever since then when I restart my phone it randomly goes to that screen sometimes so I just then did fast boot and booted into the android os. Yesterday my phone froze so I attempted to restart it and then I was stuck with the htc quietly brilliant screen. I have let the battery die like that and charged it back up but nothing happens. I tried to factory reset it in the boot loader but that does not work either. The boot loader currently shows this:

Tampered
S-ON

Keep in mind I have never tried to install custom roms or anything else I have left it purely at stock. I also got it straight from a T-mobile store. Help is appreciated.
-Thanks!

alray

Inactive Recognized Contributor
May 22, 2012
To start off, I have had my htc one for about 4 months and around December my battery died and I charged it back up. I was then shown the boot loader screen which I never had seen before. Ever since then when I restart my phone it randomly goes to that screen sometimes so I just then did fast boot and booted into the android os. Yesterday my phone froze so I attempted to restart it and then I was stuck with the htc quietly brilliant screen. I have let the battery die like that and charged it back up but nothing happens. I tried to factory reset it in the boot loader but that does not work either. The boot loader currently shows this:

Tampered
S-ON

Keep in mind I have never tried to install custom roms or anything else I have left it purely at stock. I also got it straight from a T-mobile store. Help is appreciated.
-Thanks!

So if you got it straight from T-mo and never flashed stuff, why is the bootloader tampered?

post your ''fastboot getvar all'' minus imei/sn

maxt95

Feb 6, 2014
So if you got it straight from T-mo and never flashed stuff, why is the bootloader tampered?

post your ''fastboot getvar all'' minus imei/sn

I'm not sure why. Heres the info:
(bootloader) version: 0.5
(bootloader) version-bootloader: 1.55.0000
(bootloader) version-baseband: 4A.21.3263.03
(bootloader) version-cpld: None
(bootloader) version-microp: None
(bootloader) version-main: 3.24.531.3
(bootloader) version-misc: PVT SHIP S-ON
(bootloader) serialno: xxxxxxx
(bootloader) imei: xxxxxx
(bootloader) meid: 00000000000000
(bootloader) product: m7_ul
(bootloader) platform: HBOOT-8064
(bootloader) modelid: PN0713000
(bootloader) cidnum: T-MOB010
(bootloader) battery-status: good
(bootloader) battery-voltage: 3828mV
(bootloader) partition-layout: Generic
(bootloader) security: on
(bootloader) build-mode: SHIP
(bootloader) boot-mode: FASTBOOT
(bootloader) commitno-bootloader: dirty-412e361e
(bootloader) hbootpreupdate: 11
(bootloader) gencheckpt: 0

alray

May 22, 2012

ok, the bootloader tampered flag mean someone already unlocked it. If you are 100% sure you did not attempted to mod anything, this mean your phone wasn't new when you bought it and you should consider returning it back to store. The main problem is that they will probably deny the warranty because of this tampered flag. They will probably assume that you have tampered the phone.

You can also try to reset back to 100% stock with an ruu.exe. Be sure to use a windows 8.0, 7 or xp computer. not a windows 8.1. Connect the phone to your computer and boot it to bootloader mode then, lauch the ruu.exe.

This is the ruu you need

edit: note that it will completely wipe your data.

edit2: note that the ruu will not remove the tampered flag unless you want to go trough many other steps.

Last edited:
Reactions: maxt95

maxt95

Feb 6, 2014
ok, the bootloader tampered flag mean someone already unlocked it. If you are 100% sure you did not attempted to mod anything, this mean your phone wasn't new when you bought it and you should consider returning it back to store. The main problem is that they will probably deny the warranty because of this tampered flag. They will probably assume that you have tampered the phone.

You can also try to reset back to 100% stock with an ruu.exe. Be sure to use a windows 8.0, 7 or xp computer. not a windows 8.1. Connect the phone to your computer and boot it to bootloader mode then, lauch the ruu.exe.

edit2: note that the ruu will not remove the tampered flag unless you want to go trough many other steps.

Ok I'll do that and see what happens. Thanks for the help!

alray

May 22, 2012
@maxt95

If your phone still have issue after the ruu (freeze/reboot) then we can assist you to s-off, remove tempered flag etc etc... make the device looks like if it had never been tampered with and you'll be able to send it under warranty

if you screwed this yourself don't be shy to admit it. Much easier to assist when we know all the details. ;)

maxt95

Feb 6, 2014
@maxt95

If your phone still have issue after the ruu (freeze/reboot) then we can assist you to s-off, remove tempered flag etc etc... make the device looks like if it had never been tampered with and you'll be able to send it under warranty

if you screwed this yourself don't be shy to admit it. Much easier to assist when we know all the details. ;)

I finally got it to work. I had to try multiple computers to do it though haha. Anyways thanks for helping out!

kingk3n

Feb 17, 2014
I need your help!

I finally got it to work. I had to try multiple computers to do it though haha. Anyways thanks for helping out!

Hey it seems like you got your phone workin. I am having the same issue, I understand we need to reset the rom or something. Will you be able to tell me the steps required? Thanks bro

alray

May 22, 2012
Hey it seems like you got your phone workin. I am having the same issue, I understand we need to reset the rom or something. Will you be able to tell me the steps required? Thanks bro

please post the output of ''fastboot getvar all'' minus IMEI/SN and explain a little more your situation.

kingk3n

Feb 17, 2014
im using htc one

please post the output of ''fastboot getvar all'' minus IMEI/SN and explain a little more your situation.
Hi thanks for your response. I am using HTC one and, I'm not sure how to execute the fastboot getvar all command. I know how to get to the bootloader w/c is holding the power button down and, holding volume down at the same time

alray

May 22, 2012
Hi thanks for your response. I am using HTC one and, I'm not sure how to execute the fastboot getvar all command. I know how to get to the bootloader w/c is holding the power button down and, holding volume down at the same time

You will need to have fastboot/adb tools installed on your computer ----> HERE
and you'll need latest HTC drivers installed. This can be done by installing HTC sync software you can find HERE

then reboot in bootloader mode, select fastboot, open minimal adb and fastboot and enter the cmd.

btw you still didn't described your issue ...

kingk3n

Feb 17, 2014
You will need to have fastboot/adb tools installed on your computer ----> HERE
and you'll need latest HTC drivers installed. This can be done by installing HTC sync software you can find HERE

then reboot in bootloader mode, select fastboot, open minimal adb and fastboot and enter the cmd.

btw you still didn't described your issue ...

My issue is that my phone is stuck at the "HTC Quiently Brilliant" screen. I tried reboot, recovery and reset factory settings, I still get stuck at the htc screen.. Let me try what you've suggested.

And, by the way my bootloader says ****LOCKED*** (Pink Font) on top of the menu.. Not sure if that helps...

alray

May 22, 2012
My issue is that my phone is stuck at the "HTC Quiently Brilliant" screen. I tried reboot, recovery and reset factory settings, I still get stuck at the htc screen.. Let me try what you've suggested.

And, by the way my bootloader says ****LOCKED*** (Pink Font) on top of the menu.. Not sure if that helps...

ok waiting for your ''fastboot getvar all'' can you also post a picture of your bootloader screen or write down all info?

kingk3n

Feb 17, 2014
ok waiting for your ''fastboot getvar all'' can you also post a picture of your bootloader screen or write down all info?

Here it is brother... Please see below & attached screen shot of my bootloader

(bootloader) version-bootloader: 1.56.0000
(bootloader) version-baseband: 4A.23.3263.28
(bootloader) version-main: 4.19.666.8
(bootloader) modelid: PN0712000
(bootloader) cidnum: BM___001
(bootloader) battery-voltage: 4112mV
(bootloader) commitno-bootloader: dirty-4dab9d12
all: Done!
finished. total time: 0.043s

Attachments

• IMAG0007.jpg
    IMAG0007.jpg
    186.6 KB · Views: 25

alray

May 22, 2012
Here it is brother... Please see below & attached screen shot of my bootloader

(bootloader) version-bootloader: 1.56.0000
(bootloader) version-baseband: 4A.23.3263.28
(bootloader) version-main: 4.19.666.8
(bootloader) modelid: PN0712000
(bootloader) cidnum: BM___001
(bootloader) battery-voltage: 4112mV
(bootloader) commitno-bootloader: dirty-4dab9d12
all: Done!
finished. total time: 0.043s

So it looks like your phone is completely stock and you never tampered it. Since you already did a factory reset, there is not much you can do... you should try to erase cache and see if the phone can boot properly:

reboot phone in bootloader/fastboot mode and type this command:

Code:
fastboot erase cache
fastboot reboot
if your phone still don't boot you should consider go back to a bell mobility store and ask for a repair/replacement if your phone is still under warranty. If not under waranty you can try the guide linked in my signature below (return stock for canadian user by SaHiLzZ). The guide require to flash a custom recovery which need an unlocked bootloader. Unlocking the bootloader will wipe the phone and may void your warranty.

kingk3n

Feb 17, 2014
So it looks like your phone is completely stock and you never tampered it. Since you already did a factory reset, there is not much you can do... you should try to erase cache and see if the phone can boot properly:

Code:
fastboot erase cache
fastboot reboot
if your phone still don't boot you should consider go back to a bell mobility store and ask for a repair/replacement if your phone is still under warranty. If not under waranty you can try the guide linked in my signature below (return stock for canadian user by SaHiLzZ). The guide require to flash a custom recovery which need an unlocked bootloader. Unlocking the bootloader will wipe the phone and may void your warranty.

No Luck !!!! Thanks for helping me though. I will call HTC and ask them to fix it for me.

Damnnn HTC !!!!

kingk3n

Feb 17, 2014

Code:
fastboot erase cache
fastboot reboot

Hey, is there a way for me to recover all my pictures while its on the bootloader? I need to get those pictures copied. Please advise.

Thanks

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

This is the ruu you need