Dopod 838 Pro and i-Mate JasJam rom update available 22-8-06

Search This thread

SkyyBoy

sportwa72 said:
hey goestoeleven, do you get the roaming triangle? I noticed you were on Cingular in your sig. I'm trying to diagnose/figure this one out and still can't determine why some Cingular users get it and some don't...

looks like if you are using the old AT&T towers, then you get the roaming icon. if you are in a place which has always been Cingular, then no roaming icon.

sas90850

Dec 14, 2005
My Dopod ROM in O2 Trion :lol:

Attachments

• dopod.jpg
    dopod.jpg
    14.2 KB · Views: 145

sportwa72

Apr 20, 2006
IMEI Installing Restrictions with New i-Mate ROM

I noticed that my TyTN was "locking up" on what I thought was the last thing it was installing during the customization phase right after the ROM flashed. The progress bar was basically 99% complete during the customization phase and it said it was installing "Default_TodayPlugin.CAB". So I had to soft-reset to get past this.

However I unlocked the Extended_ROM using the fit4cat tool and noticed there was quite a few CABS in the i-Mate Extended ROM that hadn't/didn't install on my TyTN. There are things like "Default_i-mate_Pool.CAB" (game) and other stuff. When I try to install them, it says my IMEI number is not in the correct range (i.e., that of a JASJAM) so it doesn't install. I tried to install the "Default_TodayPlugin.CAB" file that the customization was "stuck" on and it is also IMEI restricted, so that explained why I was hung on that one.

So just a note to those out there using the ROM that it has stuff in Extended_ROM that won't install on a non-JASJAM device.

dherrero

Dec 28, 2003
Madrid
Re: IMEI Installing Restrictions with New i-Mate ROM

sportwa72 said:
I noticed that my TyTN was "locking up" on what I thought was the last thing it was installing during the customization phase right after the ROM flashed. The progress bar was basically 99% complete during the customization phase and it said it was installing "Default_TodayPlugin.CAB". So I had to soft-reset to get past this.

However I unlocked the Extended_ROM using the fit4cat tool and noticed there was quite a few CABS in the i-Mate Extended ROM that hadn't/didn't install on my TyTN. There are things like "Default_i-mate_Pool.CAB" (game) and other stuff. When I try to install them, it says my IMEI number is not in the correct range (i.e., that of a JASJAM) so it doesn't install. I tried to install the "Default_TodayPlugin.CAB" file that the customization was "stuck" on and it is also IMEI restricted, so that explained why I was hung on that one.

So just a note to those out there using the ROM that it has stuff in Extended_ROM that won't install on a non-JASJAM device.

efjay

Nov 18, 2004

sportwa72 said:

I wonder how other who have flashed this rom have got past this....

SKassam

Feb 19, 2005

efjay said:
sportwa72 said:

May be some of us were not as honest as Sportwa72. When I got stuck, I just did a soft reset and everything seemed fine. I also did it the second time and the same thing happened. I do not seem to be missing anything as everything works.

Sportwa72,
What CABs are we missing?

shark1

Aug 8, 2006
I did not have this problem as I did not install the extended from apart from Default_MT_Shortcut-MMS-Hermes.CAB so far.

RonenB

Aug 28, 2005

SKassam said:
efjay said:
sportwa72 said:

May be some of us were not as honest as Sportwa72. When I got stuck, I just did a soft reset and everything seemed fine. I also did it the second time and the same thing happened. I do not seem to be missing anything as everything works.

Sportwa72,
What CABs are we missing?

Yep, same happened to me and I also just did SR. It appears that i-mate guys decided to leave some of the goodies for their customers only. I wonder what are we missing.

sportwa72

Apr 20, 2006
What's Missing (from i-mate ROM) AFAIK

• i-mate Blackjack
    i-mate Pool
    i-mate Today Plugin
    CA Anti-Virus

Due to the customization "lock-up" you get while installing the "Default_TodayPlugin.CAB" there are a few things that normally CAN install (not IMEI locked) but don't (since they install after that CAB) which are:

• Default_i-mateSuite_PPC.CAB
    Default_XMSCab-0409_JSJM_ENG.CAB

The "XMSCab" file installs an extension to SMS messaging that allows you to compose XMS-based "SMS" messages that can include things like handwriting, animated emoticons, etc. But I'm guessing you have to have an XMS-based client installed on your phone to receive them as well (i.e., another JASJAM or TyTN with this CAB (XMS) installed).

crosswind

Jan 9, 2006
NY
my rom version still shows 1.18.255.3 after installing the imate version, but my radio is 1.07.03.10.

my device came with the 1.18 rom and the 1.03 radio. has this happend to anyone else?

rkorzuch

Jan 6, 2006
San, Diego, CA
SkyyBoy said:
sportwa72 said:
hey goestoeleven, do you get the roaming triangle? I noticed you were on Cingular in your sig. I'm trying to diagnose/figure this one out and still can't determine why some Cingular users get it and some don't...

looks like if you are using the old AT&T towers, then you get the roaming icon. if you are in a place which has always been Cingular, then no roaming icon.

I have the roaming icon in San Diego on Cingular

shark1

Aug 8, 2006
my rom version still shows 1.18.255.3 after installing the iMate version, but my radio is 1.07.03.10.

my device came with the 1.18 rom and the 1.03 radio. has this happend to anyone else?

I did not have that problem 1.20.305.3 after upgrade

crosswind

Jan 9, 2006
NY
shark1 said:
my rom version still shows 1.18.255.3 after installing the iMate version, but my radio is 1.07.03.10.

I did not have that problem 1.20.305.3 after upgrade

My bad, i'm doing a restore using sprite, but I didn't think it was supposed back up anything in rom. I reflashed my device just to be sure and it showed the 1.20.305.3 rom, then after restoring again I'm back to 1.18 (in the device info screen). Still shows 1.20 on the boot screen.

goestoeleven

Feb 1, 2005
Boston
a word of caution...

DO NOT apply a backup from an old ROM on top of a new one. You will see (at best) unpredictable results, and at worst, you may really mess something up.

If you're going to flash the ROM, be prepared to reinstall everything all over again (programs, unlock codes, configurations, etc).

That's the price you pay for always playing with the latest and greatest...

crosswind

Jan 9, 2006
NY
Re: a word of caution...

goestoeleven said:
DO NOT apply a backup from an old ROM on top of a new one. You will see (at best) unpredictable results, and at worst, you may really mess something up.

If you're going to flash the ROM, be prepared to reinstall everything all over again (programs, unlock codes, configurations, etc).

That's the price you pay for always playing with the latest and greatest...

Your right, it doesn't pay to be lazy.

Thanks for advice.

goestoeleven

Feb 1, 2005
Boston
rkorzuch said:
SkyyBoy said:
sportwa72 said:

I have the roaming icon in San Diego on Cingular

Although periodically I used to see the roaming triangle with my SX-66, I have not seen it at all with my TyTN. This is definitely a location-related issue...

At least with my Cingular 3G SIM card, I am unable to select GSM providers manually (or choose "preferred networks" as I used to be able to do). Fortunately, I'm very happy to be "locked" into the Cingular UMTS network... ;-)