[NEW GAPPS.ZIP & APK] New Android Market [2.2.6] for G1(Android 2.1&2.2)[16/12/2010]

Search This thread

HellRazorGod

Mar 15, 2010
[NEW GAPPS.ZIP & APK] New Android Market [2.2.6] for G1(Android 2.1&2.2)[16/12/2010]

EDIT: I've put the new gapps.zip to update all ur gapps . This has to work : ) Just flash this from the recovery . It'll overwrite your old gapps , giving you the latest of all the basic gapps (incl.the new Market ) ;)
You can then go to the new market and install the updated Gmail,Voice Search,Google Search,Maps,Youtube app etc.

New Android Market (version 2.2.6) features include:

1.Refund window changing to 15 minutes
2.New carousel with featured apps on main page
3.Widgets and Live Wallpapers categories added
4.Related content added to app page
5.Single page app viewing, all info in one place
6.Max size for apk files increased from 25 MB to 50 MB

Also the Downloads now get paused instead of getting cancelled if there is a network/data interruption :D
I am not making a flashable update since it might clash with the original Vending.apk . So here are the steps to remove the old market and install the new one.

1) Use adb to remove and install the new market.
a) adb remount
b)Backup your current Market by
adb pull /system/app/Vending.apk Vending.apk

c) adb shell rm /system/app/Vending.apk

Rename the apk you downloaded (MAKE SURE YOU DOWNLOAD THE RIGHT APK FOR ECLAIRS OR FROYO) to Market.apk and put the apk in the Android SDK/tools folder then
adb push Market.apk /system/app

OR
Simply use your favourite Root File Manager (Root Explorer ,SU explorer , Android Commander etc.) and go to /system/app and delete Vending.apk .
Then put the New Market apk in /system/app

Restart your phone and you're good to go

Credits : CyanogenMOD.

P.S: I'm not a regular thread creator so kindly move the thread if the section is wrong . Thanks

ENJOY !

Attachments

• Market1.png
    Market1.png
    48.8 KB · Views: 1,685
  • Market3.png
    Market3.png
    32.1 KB · Views: 1,162
  • gapps-mdpi-20101213-signed.zip
    3.9 MB · Views: 16,191
Last edited:

HellRazorGod

Mar 15, 2010
force close on android 2.2.1 with the froyo one.

which one you have used yourself?

I have SparksMOD . It should work on all CM 6.1 (Android 2.2.1) and all Froyo ROMS.

Make sure you restart your phone and follow my instructions carefully.
Also try running fix permissions from recovery incase it doesnt help.

badboy68

Jul 28, 2010
try to install this through file manager, and it says insufficient permission, can u make a zip file?

woernsn

Hey..

Pity, it doesn't work for me.

I did it with the Root Explorer. Installation suceeded but i get a "force close" error message, when i try to select a program from the list or to go to "my downloads".

Changing back to the old one without problems.

my device:
G1 white
Android FroYo (CM 6.1)

Cheers!

droidjunkie

I used the qr code/barcode scanner in the following link and followed the on-screen instructions. Took it a few minutes but it worked and I have no errors.
Tmobile G1
EZterry 14mb radio/spl
Mytouch3g OTA 2.2.1 updated

Here is the link with the QR code, just use your favorite QR scanner and then open via url or open in browser. It should then start a download, after its done just follow the on screen directions to install (it back-up's the installed markets user data then deletes it and installs the new market. http : // androidspin . com / 2010 / 12 / 11 / new-android-market-update-unofficially-available-for-download/

This isnt spam but I am new so I apparently can not post links, just remove the spaces then copy/paste

Last edited:

bypass23

Retired Recognized Developer
Jan 29, 2008
Sherbrooke, QC
Universal Android Market updater v2.2.6

I've posted a new flashable updater :rolleyes:

Here is what's new :
  • Backup original Vending.apk to sdcard
  • Select between Froyo or pre-Froyo rom

Thread : here

Download : here

Trek55

Feb 4, 2006
Jakarta
Hey..

Pity, it doesn't work for me.

I did it with the Root Explorer. Installation suceeded but i get a "force close" error message, when i try to select a program from the list or to go to "my downloads".

Changing back to the old one without problems.

my device:
G1 white
Android FroYo (CM 6.1)

Cheers!
Did you rename the file to Vending.apk and change permission? work for me..

XmeccaX

Apr 8, 2008
MiA
I installed with no problem on my MT3G just downloaded it and installed, running froyo 2.2.1

Sent from my T-Mobile myTouch 3G using XDA App

sparksco

Inactive Recognized Developer
Feb 27, 2010
docs.google.com

Also the Downloads now get paused instead of getting cancelled if there is a network/data interruption :D
I am not making a flashable update since it might clash with the original Vending.apk . So here are the steps to remove the old market and install the new one.

a) adb remount

Rename the apk you downloaded (MAKE SURE YOU DOWNLOAD THE RIGHT APK FOR ECLAIRS OR FROYO) to Market.apk and put the apk in the Android SDK/tools folder then

OR
Simply use your favourite Root File Manager (Root Explorer ,SU explorer , Android Commander etc.) and go to /system/app and delete Vending.apk .

P.S: I'm not a regular thread creator so kindly move the thread if the section is wrong . Thanks

ENJOY !

Please delete thread, there's already a thread for this, see :confused: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=871585

Last edited:

fart23

Dec 14, 2010
New York, NY
Hello HellRazorGod. I have a G1. And I just got it rooted with Cyanogen 2.2 Froyo ROM. But then as you know, cyanogenMod doesn't come with google apps anymore. And then so I tried your android market maybe it will work. And before I downloaded yours, I found many market apk files from other source. But then it still wound't work. But when I tried yours. Still didn't work. I tried AndroidCommander. Adb and still with the same results. I open it, and it is just all white, and after about 5 seconds go back to desktop screen. I tried every possible way. And tried all your steps. Even with the AndroidCommander. Can you help me out? I have a Android 2.2 Froyo Cyanogen 6.1.0 DS ROM. Would really appreciate it. :)

Reactions: jewban15

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

EDIT: I've put the new gapps.zip to update all ur gapps . This has to work : ) Just flash this from the recovery . It'll overwrite your old gapps , giving you the latest of all the basic gapps (incl.the new Market ) ;)
    You can then go to the new market and install the updated Gmail,Voice Search,Google Search,Maps,Youtube app etc.

a) adb remount

OR

Credits : CyanogenMOD.

ENJOY !
    try to install this through file manager, and it says insufficient permission, can u make a zip file?

You cannot replace or manage Android phone system files through normal File managers like Astro,Linda etc.

Best way I recommend is to Use Android Commander and follow the steps for installing without adb commands.

http://androidcommander.com/
    Hello HellRazorGod. I have a G1. And I just got it rooted with Cyanogen 2.2 Froyo ROM. But then as you know, cyanogenMod doesn't come with google apps anymore. And then so I tried your android market maybe it will work. And before I downloaded yours, I found many market apk files from other source. But then it still wound't work. But when I tried yours. Still didn't work. I tried AndroidCommander. Adb and still with the same results. I open it, and it is just all white, and after about 5 seconds go back to desktop screen. I tried every possible way. And tried all your steps. Even with the AndroidCommander. Can you help me out? I have a Android 2.2 Froyo Cyanogen 6.1.0 DS ROM. Would really appreciate it. :)
    stupid question probably, but does this work only on froyo, or will it work on an eclair rom, say superE?

The apk I've posted for eclairs should work for your rom. Don't flash the zip coz thats only does froyo. Use the other method I've posted. Cheers!