FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

View Poll Results: Was this thread helpful?

Yes, I am happy with the replies.

1,177 Vote(s)
59.18%
Yes, kind of.

470 Vote(s)
23.63%
No, needs improvement.

342 Vote(s)
17.19%

[Ask Any Question][Newbie Friendly]

13,506 posts
Thanks Meter: 4,744

By Droidriven, Senior Member on 29th April 2013, 01:24 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
2nd May 2013, 10:13 AM |#21  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce Wayne

Hi,
Make sure you close samsung kies when you try to use odin.
As for flashing anything from odin, you will need to boot into download mode (vol. Down + power + home) after switching phone off. Then press vol. up, you will see a warning, first and after that comes the downloading screen.

Now make sure drivers are installed correctly, open odin, and now connect phone with usb cable, wait for some time till it shows a yellow box saying COM : ID xxx , something like that and now you can flash relevent files through relevent options. Wait for pass (green) signal and you're done.

That seems crazy, if it shows flight mode, you should also not be able to recieve calls. Seems a problem with the rom. Try wiping cache/dalvick cache /data from cwm/twrp and see if it fixes the bug. If not contact the rom developer or flash another/stock rom and reflash CM 10.1 to see if the problem persists.

Also welcome.

A Hero Can Be Anyone. GENERAL HELP THREAD

Problem is the thread is in a dev section, and i need to make my post count reach 10
so i will have to wait hehe
Bruce Wayne
2nd May 2013, 10:21 AM |#22  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by codeapprentice

Problem is the thread is in a dev section, and i need to make my post count reach 10
so i will have to wait hehe

Make those posts contributory. Useless posts will be considered spam and will be deleted eventually. You'll need to make those again.

2nd May 2013, 10:21 AM |#23  
Thanks Meter: 6

More
Just got a HTC One, and I'm extremely new to the "rooting" scene.

I followed the tutorial in this thread (http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...2182792&page=9) to unlock the bootloader (whatever that means...), and my phone was completely reset. Is that normal?

Also, will I still be able to get OTA updates from just unlocking the bootloader?

Another one, if/when I do get a custom ROM, (1) will I get OTAs? (2) will my phone be reset again?

Thanks in advance.

EDIT: Also, that thread continues after unlocking the bootloader as if the phone had stayed on. Mine turned off. Is that the normal operation? Am I supposed to turn the phone back on in the special mode to continue with the tutorial?

EDIT 2: Can i be rooted and still run the stock OS?
Bruce Wayne
2nd May 2013, 11:15 AM |#24  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jumi1174

Just got a HTC One, and I'm extremely new to the "rooting" scene.

I followed the tutorial in this thread (http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...2182792&page=9) to unlock the bootloader (whatever that means...), and my phone was completely reset. Is that normal?

Also, will I still be able to get OTA updates from just unlocking the bootloader?

Another one, if/when I do get a custom ROM, (1) will I get OTAs? (2) will my phone be reset again?

Thanks in advance.

EDIT: Also, that thread continues after unlocking the bootloader as if the phone had stayed on. Mine turned off. Is that the normal operation? Am I supposed to turn the phone back on in the special mode to continue with the tutorial?

EDIT 2: Can i be rooted and still run the stock OS?

Well, as I myself don't have a HTC device, I cannot be sure of the processes and results of your phone rooting/unlocking method.

I'll try to answer some of your questions.
Quote:

You can check that yourself by trying to see if any actual update available is shown or not.

Quote:

Depends on the rom you flash. If the dev gives updates, you'll recieve them. Also your phone will be reset.

Quote:

Can i be rooted and still run the stock OS?

Why not?
2nd May 2013, 12:11 PM |#25  

Donate to Me
More
I'm back.... No luck... Still fails after trying to FLASH:
boot-insecure-bmb1-recovery-SCHI535.tar
And computer says this...
Hardware Id missing
windows cannot identify device plugged into the Samsung mobile USB composite device.
Odin says:
Get Pit for mapping..
firmware update start!!
boot.img
FAIL! (Auth)
All threads completed.
(succeed 0, failed 1)

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
2nd May 2013, 04:19 PM |#26  

More
Is there a way to flash anything that provides micrsoft exchange on my phone. It runnes on CM 10.1 atm.
Bruce Wayne
2nd May 2013, 04:23 PM |#27  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by CliffordKT

I'm back.... No luck... Still fails after trying to FLASH:
boot-insecure-bmb1-recovery-SCHI535.tar
And computer says this...
Hardware Id missing
windows cannot identify device plugged into the Samsung mobile USB composite device.
Odin says:
Get Pit for mapping..
firmware update start!!
boot.img
FAIL! (Auth)
All threads completed.
(succeed 0, failed 1)

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Had you got this yellow signal on odin after connecting the device?

If not then there is problem with the drivers installed. Download them again and see if it works.

And also sorry for late reply, I have exams coming up in two days, so I hardly follow my earlier xda schedule.

Bruce Wayne
2nd May 2013, 05:27 PM |#28  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Madeeee

Is there a way to flash anything that provides micrsoft exchange on my phone. It runnes on CM 10.1 atm.

Which phone do you have.
Here is something you can find out. http://www.rackspace.com/knowledge_c...hone-or-tablet

2nd May 2013, 05:32 PM |#29  
Inactive Recognized Developer / Retired Senior Moderator / (Un)recognised Pole Dancer
Flag Manchester
Thanks Meter: 4,242

More
Please remember the rules - No warez or piracy discussion is allowed on xda, thank you.
The Following User Says Thank You to Archer For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Archer Ad-Free
Bruce Wayne
2nd May 2013, 05:42 PM |#30  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Archer

Please remember the rules - No warez or piracy discussion is allowed on xda, thank you.

Thank you for the quick action on report. I'll take care that no rules will be brocken and I shall report if it happens again.

Bruce Wayne

2nd May 2013, 06:01 PM |#31  
Thanks Meter: 51

More
When I install Swype and try to write a message swype wont start,it just states a note that it has broke down..I tryed to uninstall and install it several times and it`s always the same..
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
ask any question, bricked phone, cwm roms and kernels, help thread, noob, noob friendly, question, rcs in action

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)