FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

View Poll Results: Was this thread helpful?

Yes, I am happy with the replies.

1,177 Vote(s)
59.18%
Yes, kind of.

470 Vote(s)
23.63%
No, needs improvement.

342 Vote(s)
17.19%

[Ask Any Question][Newbie Friendly]

13,518 posts
Thanks Meter: 4,754

By Droidriven, Senior Member on 29th April 2013, 01:24 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
26th May 2013, 06:34 PM |#511  
Thanks Meter: 779

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by thaper0007

Dear senior members pls help me now I think my phone is bricked. My issue is that I installed deodexed ROM. Than I accidently deleted stock video player. When I was not able to install that I thought of reinstalling ROM. But now I am not able to reinstall that ROM because am not able to go to recovery mode. Its showing an exclamotory mark and written that binary count:5. Because I installed kernel for 5 times. Even I think I forgot to enable USB debugging. Now my phone stuck on exclamatory mark. Now what should I do. I dont want to buy zig because I cannot wait for 3-4 days. Pls help me.

To help me help you, please answer the following:
1. What phone do you have?
2. What ROM did you flash?
3. What kernel were you using?
4. Are you able to boot up and get into the Android Operating System?
5. Does your phone have a removable battery?

Ok. Now on to my own question. I'm looking to try to port/build/compile MIUI v5 for my Samsung Infuse. I'm thinking about making a thread solely on this here, because I definitely need some hand-holding to get me through this. I'm open to conversing through PM, Skype, Google Hangouts, Email, and in a thread. So my main question is, where should I post my thread? I'm thinking either here or in Chef Central.

Many Thanks for your time,
Connor Baker
26th May 2013, 06:44 PM |#512  
Flag Porter Indiana (Chicagoland)
Thanks Meter: 3,368

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Connor Baker

To help me help you, please answer the following:
1. What phone do you have?
2. What ROM did you flash?
3. What kernel were you using?
4. Are you able to boot up and get into the Android Operating System?
5. Does your phone have a removable battery?

Ok. Now on to my own question. I'm looking to try to port/build/compile MIUI v5 for my Samsung Infuse. I'm thinking about making a thread solely on this here, because I definitely need some hand-holding to get me through this. I'm open to conversing through PM, Skype, Google Hangouts, Email, and in a thread. So my main question is, where should I post my thread? I'm thinking either here or in Chef Central.

Many Thanks for your time,
Connor Baker

Sent by ma Kittehs they chew on muffins on meow Sexy Nexi 4 We see u meow
26th May 2013, 06:45 PM |#513  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by DowntownJeffBrown

Woah, where the hell did you come from? x'D

Are you stalking my posts?

Connor Baker
26th May 2013, 07:01 PM |#514  
Thanks Meter: 25

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stryke_the_Orc

Interesting, do any of those call on any methods or strings associated with the framework mod?
As for getting the changes to stick, how are you compiling?

Slithering from the nether regions of a twisted mind and tarnished soul

I'm not exactly sure. To spare myself from asking stupid questions, I posted the search results in my dropbox account (https://www.dropbox.com/sh/atq6emoi7h151tb/YQVfKtaa3_).
I complied the jar by using the following command prompt

Code:
java -Xmx512M -jar smali.jar classout -o classes.dex
(credit to XDA fourms for ' jar file decompile and compiler with tutor)

followed by placing the new classes.dex file into the original jar file and replaced the framework.jar file using root explorer lite . I then in recovery cleared the davlik cache and cache.

Thanks for help so far
Joe
27th May 2013, 03:00 AM |#515  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Well, I may be able to fix some issues with my phone, but I want to do a full system backup before I do that.

I am moderately knowledgeable about programming in general, but not about specific things and definitely not with Android/Linux.

I have read a lot about using Nandroid for a full system image/recovery , but I am confused about some things:
• Is it really necessary to have CWM installed/"flashed" in order to make or restore a Nandroid backup?
• What is a TWRP backup?
• My phone is rooted, do I have to flash CWM or can I install it online?
• Regarding CWM, what exactly is it I need to get?
• I know CWM has various versions of SOMETHING that are different for various models of phones. Assuming mine is not supported (as is likely the case with a StraightTalk phone), what options do I have for a full system backup?

Sent from my SCH-S720C using Tapatalk 2
27th May 2013, 03:15 AM |#516  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by anathematized_one

Well, I may be able to fix some issues with my phone, but I want to do a full system backup before I do that.

I am moderately knowledgeable about programming in general, but not about specific things and definitely not with Android/Linux.

I have read a lot about using Nandroid for a full system image/recovery , but I am confused about some things:
• Is it really necessary to have CWM installed/"flashed" in order to make or restore a Nandroid backup?
• What is a TWRP backup?
• My phone is rooted, do I have to flash CWM or can I install it online?
• Regarding CWM, what exactly is it I need to get?
• I know CWM has various versions of SOMETHING that are different for various models of phones. Assuming mine is not supported (as is likely the case with a StraightTalk phone), what options do I have for a full system backup?

Okay.

- Yes, it is necessary to have CWM flashed in order to make or restore Nandroids (or TWRP)
- TWRP is an alternative to CWM. It provides (in my opinion) a much prettier UI, with touch, as well as better features and theming
- Unfortunately, neither CWM nor TWRP are available for your device
- If it were compatible, or released (which it will be soon), it would most likely be in the form of a boot.img which you would flash to the recovery partition, or install via an app
- For a full system back up, I can't really think of one. Since your phone is rooted, you could just use Titanium Backup to back up apps and data, and copy it over to your pc

Best of luck,
Connor Baker
The Following User Says Thank You to Connor Baker For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Connor Baker Ad-Free
27th May 2013, 03:26 AM |#517  
Flag Porter Indiana (Chicagoland)
Thanks Meter: 3,368

More
Quote:

Woah, where the hell did you come from? x'D

Are you stalking my posts?

Connor Baker

27th May 2013, 03:29 AM |#518  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by DowntownJeffBrown

Jeez man :P

Connor Baker
27th May 2013, 04:51 AM |#519  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Quote:

[…]. Since your phone is rooted, you could just use Titanium Backup to back up apps and data, and copy it over to your pc

Best of luck,
Connor Baker

Yes, I do realise Titan (and others) can do this for apps and data, but can it do so for the system files as well?

If not, is there no way to connect to my computer and use shell commands to do it without Nandroid/CWM/TWRP?

27th May 2013, 04:52 AM |#520  
Retired Senior Moderator
Flag Maras Dantia
Thanks Meter: 9,187

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by cybhunter

I'm not exactly sure. To spare myself from asking stupid questions, I posted the search results in my dropbox account (https://www.dropbox.com/sh/atq6emoi7h151tb/YQVfKtaa3_).
I complied the jar by using the following command prompt

Code:
java -Xmx512M -jar smali.jar classout -o classes.dex
(credit to XDA fourms for ' jar file decompile and compiler with tutor)

followed by placing the new classes.dex file into the original jar file and replaced the framework.jar file using root explorer lite . I then in recovery cleared the davlik cache and cache.

Thanks for help so far
Joe

I'm sorry but I'm not sure how much more I can help
This is a little over my head, I'm not at all familiar with the framework you're using and I'm not seeing anything that may fix your issues.
My deepest apologies

Slithering from the nether regions of a twisted mind and tarnished soul
The Following User Says Thank You to Stryke_the_Orc For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Stryke_the_Orc Ad-Free
27th May 2013, 05:18 AM |#521  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tajlund

Ok, this looks like the thread that I may get some help on, if not please let me know where to post.

I have a Pantech Burst with the official update to Android 4.0.4. I have had an 8 gb card in this phone for over 6 months now. Today I noticed that none of my app updates would go through, it kept saying it didn't have enough memory. Checking my phone I found that I no longer had anything on my SD card. I brought up appkik and tried to move the apps back to the card. The only option I had in appkik anymore was uninstall.

I then took the card, reformatted and tried again. No success. So, I took a 16 gb card and tried it, same results.

According to settings my card is mounted, but the system will only move apps to my internal storage (the phone has internal memory for storage on top of the standard internal memory.)

Anyone have any ideas, this problem just came up out of nowhere after 6 months of perfect functionality.

I also returned my phone to factory settings and it still didn't fix it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tajlund

I should also add some more info. The phone is rooted, and running stock 4.0.4. Also on Straight Talk (At&t).

Sorry, I hope that's enough. If any more info is needed let me know.

Sorry to bump myself here, but I kind of got buried pretty quickly and only heard from one person. (Stryke_the_Orc, thank you for acknowledging my existence.)
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
ask any question, bricked phone, cwm roms and kernels, help thread, noob, noob friendly, question, rcs in action

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)