I was able to get an HTC One X (LTE) from AT&T last night.

Search This thread

rambo8987

May 12, 2011
Google Pixel 6 Pro
Quick question, does sprint use sim cards? Curious bcuz the HTC EVO LTE offers a lot of what the one x does, but allows micro sd card, and even tho the data speed blows, everywhere I go has WiFi and decent 4g speeds.

Sent from my HTC PH39100 using xda premium

rushwal

Mar 24, 2010
You can just download Dropbox from the Play store...

I know I can download the app, does it still include the 25GB upgrade from Dropbox? The engadget article doesn't explain the details.

Correct on all counts. None of those are preinstalled. Nor friendstream. Nor a few other bits i've forgotten the names of. :D

P

I use the FM Radio on my Inspire, and none of the FM Radios in custom ROMs seem to work as well as the one from HTC (or other Sense ROMs). Does the One X even have an FM radio?

rushwal

Mar 24, 2010
Well, I got an update. You do get the extra 23GB just by downloading, installing, and signing into Dropbox. Polaris Office and Voice Recorder are installed, but blocked by HTC Sense. You can launch them by using a different launcher, but I still can't find the FM radio.

Luis060

Dec 23, 2012
Yes I do.

Look at my Index thread near the top of this forum section.

And this is a really odd place to pose this question (digging up a thread from 4 months ago, that has nothing to do with your question).

lol sorry. i found this searching in google. and i see That You Have the same phone than me, i have a lot of problem trying to root it. thanks for responding. please pass me the tutorial or link where did you root yours

redpoint73

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Oct 24, 2007
This thread is from 2012, not 4 months ago...

Ha, that's even better.

---------- Post added at 01:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:06 PM ----------

lol sorry. i found this searching in google. and i see That You Have the same phone than me, i have a lot of problem trying to root it. thanks for responding. please pass me the tutorial or link where did you root yours

I already told you where to find my Index thread, which contains every link you will ever need for this phone. I constructed and maintain this Index, so people don't have to constantly ask to be spoonfed links.

Reactions: Luis060

Luis060

Dec 23, 2012
Ha, that's even better.

---------- Post added at 01:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:06 PM ----------

I already told you where to find my Index thread, which contains every link you will ever need for this phone. I constructed and maintain this Index, so people don't have to constantly ask to be spoonfed links.

Sorry. I do not speak English and I have to use google translator..

thank you very much for the answer

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    If you have questions about the AT&T version post here and I'll try to answer.

First few observations:

Lightning fast, there is no hesitation doing any action. It's a bit surreal coming from a Captivate.

Camera is awesome.

Thin, light, but solid build, looks good and doesn't feel cheap.

You can't turn off LTE. If you go into Settings -> Mobile Network, there is no option for "Preffered Network Mode" like on the Galaxy Nexus or Rogers HTC One X. Really hoping to get this fixed via OTA or custom ROM as there is no LTE anywhere near me.

Stock browser doesn't have a dedicated "tabs" button. You have to press menu to get to your tabs. Kind of annoying, not sure if that is just an HTC thing or if this is the first phone like that. I'm just going to start using Chrome since it has a tabs button.

Sense 4.0 is nice, it's not obtrusive and actually improves on the stock ICS experience instead of replacing it altogether. I love the WebOS style recent apps list. It really looks nice.

I read some people saying they were seeing some yellow wash out on some screens, and I think mine is OK, but certain apps, particularly games do have a yellow tint to them, but stuff like the homescreen and google maps look great. Temple Run has a pretty clear yellow tint to it when compared with a Galaxy Nexus running Temple Run. Not sure what to make of this. Maybe something else that can be fixed in an OTA.

Here's the detailed software info:

Android Version:

HTC Sense Version

Software number:
    1.75.502.1 710RD

HTC SDK API level:

HTC Extension version:
    HTCExtension_403_1_GA_4

Kernel version:
    3.0.8-01111-g188cf26
    root@ABM009 #1
    SMP PREEMPT Sat Apr 7 01:37:15 CST 2012

Baseband version
    0.16.32.09.01_3_10.79.32.08L

Build number
    1.73.502.1 CL54373 release-keys

Browser version
    WebKit/534.30
    which store and where?:D:eek:

They only had one in the box and I got it. It is a freestanding ATT store in a relatively small town outside Atlanta. The salespeople there are commission based, so he had motivation to sell it to me. First thing I even said to him was "You can't sell it to me today though, can you?" He said he could, so I had him ring it up. I just kept waiting for the bomb to drop that his system wouldn't let him or something.
    Upon further inspection and comparing my One X with my Captivate, I believe that I do have one of the screens that has the yellow tint to it. Google maps looks fine when viewed on it's own, but when you hold it side by side with another phone you can tell that the colors are a little off. They are nice and bright, but just not the same hue as my captivate. Pulling up the same web pages the difference is pretty clear anywhere there is green or yellow. Blues don't seem to be affected very much if at all.

I could be wrong, but not sure comparing to the Captivate would be the best way to tell if your whites are tinted. Do the whites on the Captivate's Amoled screen have a blue tint? Been a while since I had one, but I recently had purchased a Note (returned and waiting for the One X) and the whites had a very noticeable blue tint to them.
    If you look around your question has been answered many times. I believe 3g yes, 4g no.

It's actually no to both, partially because T-Mobile has "4G".

Sent from my GT-I9100 using xda premium
    AT&T gave up on that a long time ago. ;)

Answer a question? When in an app, does your menu look like the phone on the left or right? The one on the right seems to overlay the app's settings rather than bump them up the display. I asked in another thread and no one answered.

7113048803_690bcca690.jpg

The one on the right is from a really old test version of the software. Disregard that device completely, it in no way represents the retail software or performance.