[ROM] EB Edition V2.6 _WP 7.8 // coming up new version //Video Demo WP7.8//

Search This thread

Azzelio

Nov 24, 2008
Is anyone running this yet? I would like to know if it has any noticable bugs?

Also WinRar askas for password, does it have a password?
"mini-bugs"

- me-tile and other people tiles do not change color without reboot after theme-change

Sent from my TITAN X310e using XDA Windows Phone 7 App

tooly26

Mar 22, 2010
okey...i will try tomorrow this rom :)
thx u 4 your work...i know its not easy with osbuilder sometimes...

Sent from my TITAN X310e using Board Express

Loco5150

Jun 8, 2008
Ah Im going crazy with these flashes...

In this rom also, only keyboard layouts included are english and chinese....

Registry editor didnt see the full registry and I tried to edit application_btn_vibrate3 but it would not change the value.... I didnt want to investigate that just installed root tools which seems to be the best registry editor out at the moment. With that edited the value without any problems.

I wish someone would have told that there are keyboards missing before I flashed :(

drupad2drupad

Apr 11, 2010
Ah Im going crazy with these flashes...

In this rom also, only keyboard layouts included are english and chinese....

Registry editor didnt see the full registry and I tried to edit application_btn_vibrate3 but it would not change the value.... I didnt want to investigate that just installed root tools which seems to be the best registry editor out at the moment. With that edited the value without any problems.

I wish someone would have told that there are keyboards missing before I flashed :(

While you are on this rom, is it possible for you to compile a bug list or something similar? It will really help me and others who will be jumping on to flashing this weekend. I only say this because I read you've flashed like 8 times so you probably know the bugs by now? ;)

Edit - still catching up on what just changed but - could you please confirm that this 7.8 is only home screen enhancement and different font and no other benefits as such?

Loco5150

Jun 8, 2008
While you are on this rom, is it possible for you to compile a bug list or something similar? It will really help me and others who will be jumping on to flashing this weekend. I only say this because I read you've flashed like 8 times so you probably know the bugs by now? ;)

Aaaaaaargh... :laugh: I will post something less insane soon. Need to eat something.

Reactions: drupad2drupad

drupad2drupad

Apr 11, 2010
Aaaaaaargh... :laugh: I will post something less insane soon. Need to eat something.

Thank you so much!

I'm just back from work, so will cook something and tonight will be my party night with lots of flashing ;)

I did see a few listed in some threads:

Tiles don't resize to large
Only English and Chinese/Vietnamese langs
Bluetooth issues (?)
SIM errors (?)

What I'm concerned about is:
Call/text/internet working fine
Wireless working fine
Marketplace/Zune and Xbox Live all connectable
Social share working fine i.e. facebook, live, twitter blah blah are all working normal

If you say yes to everything after you come back, I am so getting 7.8 ;)

Reactions: habnzrot
G

GuestK00161

Bugs that I've found and I don't know if it's just me...

I think in this rom there is a shutdown phone bug. When it says to slide down to turn off phone, it doesn't. It just hangs in some kind of slider limbo until I press the power button again.

Another - Icons such as the ME/Games/Music don't change right after changing a theme. Usually you have to delete them and repin them back and then they change.

Another - Icons do not resize to the rectangular size - only small square and large square. *Edit nevermind...this rom changes to rectangular size...I was doing it wrong. In order for it to change, you cannot have any icons in its path. ... Duh.

Just did a hard reset-Both times I get a notification saying a XAP installation failed. Not sure what program failed to install? Azzelio will have to check this out.

Other than that, very workable Drupad. Messaging/FB/(dont know if twitter works)/Calls/Email/WiFi all work

Anyway, I had to flash to the 17 radio to get this working and I live in the states, so I think I might flash back until more bugs are found and fixed.

I thank Elioboot/Azzelio for such a good/workable rom. I will probably be flashing again ... in another version.

Last edited:

Azzelio

Nov 24, 2008
Bugs that I've found and I don't know if it's just me...

I think in this rom there is a shutdown phone bug. When it says to slide down to turn off phone, it doesn't.

restart the phone a couple of times by removing the battery

Another - Icons such as the ME/Games/Music don't change right after changing a theme. Usually you have to delete them and repin them back and then they change.

restart the phone

Another - Icons do not resize to the rectangular size - only small square and large square. *Edit nevermind...this rom changes to rectangular size...I was doing it wrong. In order for it to change, you cannot have any icons in its path. ... Duh.

I know

Just did a hard reset-Both times I get a notification saying a XAP installation failed. Not sure what program failed to install? Azzelio will have to check this out.

Other than that, very workable Drupad. Messaging/FB/(dont know if twitter works)/Calls/Email/WiFi all work

Anyway, I had to flash to the 17 radio to get this working and I live in the states, so I think I might flash back until more bugs are found and fixed.

I thank Elioboot/Azzelio for such a good/workable rom. I will probably be flashing again ... in another version.

Ciao

Loco5150

Jun 8, 2008
Yes the main thing is that all of these are basically "only" start screen updates, which of course is a huge update (for me at least).

Bug that is present in all roms I guess is that some of the tiles not changing color after theme change, but thats very minor thing.

Also there seems to be a thinner font in these roms. That is little buggy in some places, I noticed today that in txt messages, I think if I wrote "s" a gap would appear after, like this: "Tes t". I didnt really test this so much, I was running the rom for maybe 3 hrs and 5 messages. But this also isnt a deal braker, everything was working and readable.

I only used this rom longer period (3-4hrs): WPV 8835 Nokia Edition v4.1 http://www.winphoneviet.com/forum/showthread.php?t=12350, which is actually was running smoothly. I didnt see any major bugs. (my day has been maybe 3hrs today between all this flashing :cyclops:) The main issue for me is that there is only English and Chinese keyboards included, I need Scandinavian keyboard layout.

I didnt see any bugs on facebook, twitter I didnt use today, but at least it got my Twitter feeds in the beginning... Also messages to WhatsApp came through.

On Nhathoa's rom with17.XXX radio here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1689156. This one is the only rom at the momoent that actually has other keyboard layouts besides English and Chinese. However, I was experiencing MAJOR connection issues. I have never seen this before. The issues are so severe that it is unusable for me. When booted and entered pin code 99% f the time in 20 sec all connections dissapeared and it requested pin again and in most cases would not even get connection back after entering the pin. Sim errors appeared many times when I was trying to get it to work. BUT this didnt seem to affect everyone. Only me and maybe 1 or 2 others. On first boot with this rom I was stuck on connection manager loop, and exiting connection manager in any point didnt help on the connection problem. I tried to get this work many times. Did hard resets, flashed again etc...

So besides this weird connection issue my main problem is the missing keyboard layouts. If you are using English or Chinese layout, you will have no problems on that matter.

This is a beta release no doubt, but like I said before the start screen is a huge update. I wouldnt most likely have any problems running the WPV 8835 Nokia Edition -rom, if it would have my keyboard layout. But I didnt try any bluetooth file stransfer or aynthing. Facebook, WhatsApp, IE, email, SMS things liek this I did today and didnt notice anything wrong.

I now downloaded Nhathoa's rom with the 16.XXXX I will check is the connection issue present in that one also. To be honest I would have waited on WPV 8835 Nokia Edition v4.1 if I would have known this EB Edition is also missing the keyboard.

I dont know, I hope this helps someone even though I havent done any step by step all functions testing.

Edit: On the Nhathoa's rom, I remember once I got so far that I was downloading apps from marketplace. WeatherMaster claimed that GPS was not on. I have never seen this either. What is causing the connection issues there for me are some really major things.

Edit2: This rom also has the turn off bug like said earlier. I just tried to turn the device off with no luck.

Edit3: Nhathoa's rom with 16.XXXX radio no connection bug, FINALLY I found a rom that works and has more keyboards :D

Also the bug that you are not able to get tiles to the biggest size is present in most roms. To me this is not a problem. I dont even want to use a tile that big. Maybe if there would be a GOOD calendar tile with lots of info I would, but not now.

Last edited:
Reactions: drupad2drupad

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    eb_1.23.jpg

This rom is based DFT rom

Feature and App add:
    - Background Colors
    - Google Search
    - Update to 7.8
    - RegistryEditor
    - FileBrowser
    - DFT_BTFileTransfer
    - USB 2 Video out
    - EB_Install (with this you can quickly install the default applications that you like ....)
    ------ Nokia / Lumia App (Counters..)
    ------ DigitalPower_V0.5
    ------ Eb_Translate v1.1
    ------ more

This product is free to use at your own risk. We take NO responsibility for any conflict, fault, or damage caused by this procedure. No warranties implied or otherwise, are given if you agree to use this product. No problems were found while testing this product on several different devices, your experience may vary.

Special thanks
    DFT developer team member

Hard-SPL required!

Bug found:
    -Tiles and Contact Me update accent changed after a reboot

tell me if you find another to pm

Changelog:
    -keyboard only eng and chi --- Fixed in new version 2.4
    -Lost wallpaper WP8 --- Fixed in new version 2.6
    -Character with problems in some languages ---Fixed in new version 2.6
    -App to choose applications to install (EB_Install) --- Added in new version 2.6
    -Problems to turn off the device --- Fixed in new version 2.6
    -EB_Install with other app additions and new style --- Add in new version 2.7
    -New dictionaries for keyboard --- Add in new version 2.7
    -Minor bug fix--- Add in new version 2.7

----------------------

Update to 2.6 changelog in the first post!
    38GftH0

Sent from my TITAN X310e using XDA Windows Phone 7 App
    wp7.8 isn't much more than the new start-screen, am i wrong? so the leaked version is nearly the final version..

I think so.
    but many manufacturers especially in my nokia customize it with many add on...

I am ready to bring more addon possible on this rom
    Downloading now! :)

Sent from my PI39100 using XDA Windows Phone 7 App