Motofail Strikes Again with Trade in Offer

Search This thread

jaketc

Sep 7, 2009
It's 14 days to return now.

Sent from my MB860 using xda app-developers app

And also I would imagine you need to mail in the UPC barcode (on new Motorola) to motofail for the $100 gift card, which could possibly nullify the 14 day return policy at AT&T?

Sent from my MB860 using xda premium

Deggy

May 25, 2010
Massachusetts
And also I would imagine you need to mail in the UPC barcode (on new Motorola) to motofail for the $100 gift card, which could possibly nullify the 14 day return policy at AT&T?

Sent from my MB860 using xda premium

Calm down. I'm merely just correcting a small mistake.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    So here is the link with the details of the trade in offer. Being on AT&T, the only option is an Atrix HD. The problem is, that came out with a price point of $50. Amazon and Best Buy now have it listed for free with a contract renewal. So once again, we just got another slap in the face.

It is tempting to get a free Atrix HD and slap the Razor Maxx battery in it though...saw that in their forum. I also saw in their forum that they have finally rooted it but are still working on the bootloader...get that done and it is tempting.

http://www.motorola.com/blog/2012/1...-smartphone-and-you-may-qualify-for-100-back/

No fcking way i'll get another unsupported-locked-closed-unupdateble motorola device
    Have not read all of the details but how about do the trade in for Atrix HD with ATT and get the $100 from Moto. Before 30 days is up, you can go back to att and trade the HD in for SGIII or other phone. Will Moto know any different? Just saying.
    Hmmm... Wait 6-8 weeks to get my $100? Worse yet... to find out that because of some obscure rule or something I don't qualify because I'm bald and I am stuck with a phone I had to pay for when I could have maybe gotten something better like a Sammy 3?

Thanks for the offer but no thanks. If maybe they had a unit that was competing head to head with the HTC1X or the SG3, then maybe I'd consider it.

:rolleyes:
    F U Motorola. I'm so getting the next Nexus device.

What a bunch of worthless clowns, they're merely guaranteeing 100$ from Clover Wireless, a company that buys used phones and reconditions them for resale. You can send your phone to them at any time for trade in value.

Or, you could sell it on Craigslist.

In addition you don't get the phone unless the phone is active on your account at the time of purchase of the new phone.

The business concept for mobile phones is to make people think they are disposable products. Device makers working with carriers to ensure a mutual benefit; make a device with a 1-2 year life span, claim a price 10 times what it cost to make, sell it for double what it cost to make ($50-$200) with a minimum 2 year contract then just before the contracts start giving out (18 months) stop issuing updates to persuade people they need to trade in their old device which is still viable. Set up a trade-in program, refurbish for $0-$20 a device, turn around and sell it used for another $50-$100.

Pretty sweet deal if you ask me considering both the device makers and the carriers all win big off of consumers.

As for the actual cost of a device, take the iPhone 5 for an example. 64gb device costs $399 for a 2 year contract and the 32gb version costs $299 with the same contract? Wow...that better be by far the fastest, most incredibly efficient 32gb of $100 memory considering I paid $90 for an OCZ Agility 3 64gb drive nearly a year ago. The whole process is nothing more than gouging the consumer and borderline price fixing/oligopoly both of which the Telcom industry has not only been notorious for but so notorious that the Bell System/ATT antri trust agreement with the Feds that occurred back in the early 80's only recently ended.