[Q] I need a better clipboard functionality

Search This thread

mike-o2

Apr 3, 2011
One of the things that I loved about my ASUS Padfone 2 was the near stock UI.
The things that got changed by ASUS were mostly very useful, like the clipboard.

If I long pressed a textbox on my Padfone 2, the usual "paste" icon showed up accompanied by a second icon "clipboard".
When I clicked that icon, a panel slid up from where the keyboard normally is, which had the last copied elements as a small preview, with an additional button to edit the contents. In edit mode, I could delete elements or mark them as permanent (I guess the system would overwrite them when the cashe would be full at some point otherwise).

I miss that useful function on my Nexus 5.

Does anyone know a mod or custom ROM that does that?
I have looked into this on the play store, but the apps there require to run in the background or to switch to a third app to access the copied content.

mistahseller

Mar 13, 2013
Saint Louis
You will have to look at the ROM feature list, but this is the first time that I have heard of this feature. If my memory is correct there aren't any ROMs with the feature but don't quote me. Third party app is your best alternative. This phone has 2GB of RAM it'll be ok in the background.

edit: You could also check xposed or make a request in the xposed thread.

mike-o2

Apr 3, 2011
Thanks for the replies.

I am not worried about the RAM running full, but I don't like to have any more notification icons than necessary.
Looks like I'll have to compromise clean look for functionality.

I wish google implemented the way ASUS did it into AOSP. It was really perfect.
Maybe Cyanogenmod will do this.

Thanks again for your comments.