[ROM] Hacker's AOKP (4.4.4) (9.10.2014)[ALL VARIANTS]

Search This thread

zrgiu

Jan 24, 2011
Smart IR needs an update from what I here. All changes will be in the change log if anything for IR is changed.

Dev from Smart IR Remote here - we've updated our app ever since the GPE edition of 4.4.3/4 came out. Google changed the way the IR signals are sent, and they did it on a driver level. You / AOKP will need to get the updated drivers from official GPE (not normally included in roms) to get it to work using the new official methods.

SeanHacker

Sep 7, 2010
Portland, Oregon
Dev from Smart IR Remote here - we've updated our app ever since the GPE edition of 4.4.3/4 came out. Google changed the way the IR signals are sent, and they did it on a driver level. You / AOKP will need to get the updated drivers from official GPE (not normally included in roms) to get it to work using the new official methods.
@zrgiu All proprietaries have been updated accordingly. I've updated them as the new android versions have been released (within hours). 4.4.4 was nothing but a security update so if you know what needs to be changed then you're more than welcome to point me to it. If you don't know then I've already gone another route a couple days ago to try and get things working.

https://github.com/task650/vendor_htc/commit/d5403819db93aa1e2865b5c36e8c432d6c22eed7

https://github.com/task650/device_htc_m8/commit/fdc3cc8f95f31f7aea6b08b87574e2e8863b28a3

Last edited:

zrgiu

Jan 24, 2011

_moelle

Inactive Recognized Themer
Jan 24, 2014
NRW
latest build runs smooth and fine. only issue i m facing is with the cm theme engine. using a custom the works fine but after a reboot the settings interface changed back to the stock look. anyone else having this issue? any solution?

Sent from my One M8 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Lookitfast

Jun 7, 2012
Oklahoma
latest build runs smooth and fine. only issue i m facing is with the cm theme engine. using a custom the works fine but after a reboot the settings interface changed back to the stock look. anyone else having this issue? any solution?

Not having that issue myself & I run Dustinb17's cobalt theme..maybe try the wipe dalvik & caches in recovery. If that doesn't help probably will need to clear data for themes & theme manager. If no go then you would need to do same with rom control. ;) Usually when i clear data for an app I will also clean the caches & force stop as well.

Reactions: _moelle

_moelle

Jan 24, 2014
NRW
Not having that issue myself & I run Dustinb17's cobalt theme..maybe try the wipe dalvik & caches in recovery. If that doesn't help probably will need to clear data for themes & theme manager. If no go then you would need to do same with rom control. ;) Usually when i clear data for an app I will also clean the caches & force stop as well.

seems to be in conflict with xposed framework, but dunno whats wrong. - just got app settings, greenify, tinted status bar and youtube adaway installed. - bevor installing the framework, the settings interface of the rom keeps themed. - and i have to ad, this seems to happen not only on this rom, tried severel roms and always same issue. - dunno what I am doing wrong, but everything else is themed, just settings looks like stock, isnt thtat much annoying or problematic i think :p

MrMarkEdward

Jun 22, 2012
New Llano, Louisiana
seems to be in conflict with xposed framework, but dunno whats wrong. - just got app settings, greenify, tinted status bar and youtube adaway installed. - bevor installing the framework, the settings interface of the rom keeps themed. - and i have to ad, this seems to happen not only on this rom, tried severel roms and always same issue. - dunno what I am doing wrong, but everything else is themed, just settings looks like stock, isnt thtat much annoying or problematic i think :p

Try to disable each one reboot apply theme then enable each one one by one and see which causes problem.

_moelle

Jan 24, 2014
NRW
i did it already...the xposed installer itself causes the issue.

SeanHacker

Sep 7, 2010
Portland, Oregon
Reactions: _moelle

Spiral79

Sep 24, 2010
I hate to ask but I've looked all over and haven't been able to come up with usable work around... using the ROM Control> Navigation Bar; I can change the icons for all the buttons however the back button reverts back as soon as I open the keyboard. Is there a fix this? Ive attempted to use theme zipper but couldn't seem to get it to work. Id appreciate any help with this I can get. :eek:

_moelle

Jan 24, 2014
NRW
i got problems with the menu button. (not aplying the custom icon) ...sometimes the recent and menu were invisible also. i got it fixed with android l navigation xposed modul. no individual look but the icons of android l are pretty fine for me at all.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Spiral79

Sep 24, 2010
i got problems with the menu button. (not aplying the custom icon) ...sometimes the recent and menu were invisible also. i got it fixed with android l navigation xposed modul. no individual look but the icons of android l are pretty fine for me at all.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

The other buttons stick, I've combined the Home and recent button into one and I have three custom buttons. The back button is the only one I'm having issues with. Thanks for responding though...

Sent from my One M8 using XDA Free mobile app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I wanted to bring you guys some AOKP releases with other mods and code changes to the HTC One m8.​
    HZ19dJT.png

A Big Thanks Goes to the AOKP Team & CyanogenMod Team. Without their source this wouldn't be possible. Go thank them, tweet them, and donate to them. Also a HUGE thanks to mrgoat for the hosting!!!​

READ THE FAQ/Q & A HERE

81.png

» Installation is simple:
    • If coming from another ROM or another major AOKP version, wipe data (Factory reset) in recovery. Always do this before reporting any bugs.
    • Make sure you're using the latest CWM or TWRP
    • Flash ROM
    • Flash Google Apps (GAPPS) from HERE
    • Reboot
    78.png

» Check Changelogs on G+
    » Also Check merged commits on AOKP's Gerrit

80.png

» Downloads, mirrors, and MD5s can be found HERE

82.png

» AOKP Gerrit
    » AOKP on Github
    » Task650 Source

79.png

We greatly appreciate your contribution in the form of code, or PayPal donations.
    » Donations to AOKP AOKP.co
    » Donations to task650

Enjoy!
    Fixed external sdcard. :)
    New release is available in the OP. :)
    Look what I got working... :)

The only thing I need to fix is external sdcard not showing up. Should be easy. I will release when it's ready so please don't request. Just wanted to show you guys what's to come. ;)

New release available in the OP. This is a perfect example as to why you should post logcats with issues. Things get fixed. :)

• Fixed IR Blaster
    • Added option to disable System Sounds in Quiet Hours