How to unlock LTE bands on Note 10 (N9700 HK) version - read it carefully

Search This thread

p3dr01978

Jul 1, 2019
This is a guide to help everyone who bought the N9700 (HK) version and is not living in Hong Kong, in this way you can activate all the bands you want and remove the band aggregations natively create for HK.

BEWARE I TESTED THIS ONLY ON THE N9700 (HK) (DON'T TEST IT ON ANY OTHER VERSION) and it worked for me also without root or without unlocked bootloader. (Even if I strongly prefer to be ROOTED and with unlocked bootloader when doing this kind of mods)

I'm not responsabile for any damage you will do to your smartphone using this procedure. if you do it you are taking all the risks.

NOTE: This change is not persistent and must be done after every OTA update that touch the modem

REQUIRMENTS
1) QSPT version 2.7.474 or above
2) QXDM 3.14.594 or above . (BEWARE NOT USE A LOWER VERSION)
3) Qualcomm QD Loader driver
4) Samsung driver

PROCEDURE
-1) Do a full backup of your data
0) Activate the USB Debugging (there are plenty of guides on XDA I will don't explain it here again)
1) change the USB mode using one of this 2 codes *#0808# and select RNDIS + ACM + DM and reboot
2) attach the smartphone to USB the system should find new devices without driver (use the qualcomm one or lets windows finds the drivers alone)
4) find out which COM number has been attributed to your device and note it (e.g. COM8)
3) open QPST configuration if you find already a port configured go to the point 5 (sometime you will find everything already configured by his own)
4) Otherwise click on ADD NEW PORT there will be 2 field : Port (put the port you found at the point 4) (e.g.COM8) , Port Label : write whatever you want (e.g. MyPort)
5) In the menu of QPST configuration select "Service Programming" and click OK to every confirmation windows that will appear
6) Leave QPST open and open QXDM Professional
7) In the menu of QXDM Professional click "Options" --> "Communication"
8) Select the port you configured in QPST and under Communication - Target Port enable it and click OK

if everything is going as expected you will see that QXDM enable all the options that at the beginning are grayed out
9) At this point select "NV Browser" in the View DropDown
10) check MULTISIM checkbox (it is important)
11) In the "Category filter" select "LTE"
12) Find the item 06828 (LTE BC Config) - click on it and click the read button
13) you should see the a decimal number that is the current bands enabled
14) Install on you device LTE Band Calculator app on your smartphone and insert that number in it to see what bands are enabled, add the bands you what to add and note down the new number in notepad . (e.g. 17592186044415 this enable all the bands from 1 to 44)
15) go back to QXDM and past the new number in the field where you have found the original one click WRITE (wait 10 sec) - click WRITE again and wait 15 sec)

OPTIONAL PART - AGGREGATION

1) Close QXDM
2) close "Service Programming" in QSPT (don't close QSPT) - don't save when it requests it
3) under the menu Service in QSPT open EFS Explorer and confirm with OK (without touching nothing)
4) wait until you will not see the filesystem tree appear
5) Navigate to the "folder" nv --> Item_files -->modem--> lte
6) there will be few folder under LTE find a file named "ca_band_combos" or similar
7) make a copy on your PC of the file "ca_band_combos"
8) delete "ca_band_combos" file in find there (this enable any aggregations possible)

HOW TO TEST IT:
[IF YOU ARE ROOTED]
You can use Network Signal Guru

[IF YOU ARE NOT ROOTED]
you should see 4g+ icon (in Italy for example)
or test with a speed tester before and after to see if the aggregation works as expected (in my case before this procedure my test was 15 Mbits download / 12 Mbits upload, after the procedure 80 Mbits download / 30 Mbits upload )

HOW TO REVERT IT

[IF YOU ARE ROOTED]
adb shell 'dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/block/bootdevice/by-name/modemst1'
adb shell 'dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/block/bootdevice/by-name/modemst2'
adb reboot

[IF YOU ARE NOT ROOTED]
The best way is to flash with ODIN the full stock firmware and do a full wipe

Sorry if I didn't add any attached file to download or image (no more time left ) .. (you can find it on XDA or google it)

_P3dr0_

Last edited:

thaper0007

May 26, 2013
This is a guide to help everyone who bought the N9700 (HK) version and is not living in Hong Kong, in this way you can activate all the bands you want and remove the band aggregations natively create for HK.

BEWARE I TESTED THIS ONLY ON THE N9700 (HK) (DON'T TEST IT ON ANY OTHER VERSION) and it worked for me also without root or without unlocked bootloader. (Even if I strongly prefer to be ROOTED and with unlocked bootloader when doing this kind of mods)

I'm not responsabile for any damage you will do to your smartphone using this procedure. if you do it you are taking all the risks.

NOTE: This change is not persistent and must be done after every OTA update that touch the modem

REQUIRMENTS
4) Samsung driver

PROCEDURE
0) Activate the USB Debugging (there are plenty of guides on XDA I will don't explain it here again)
1) change the USB mode using one of this 2 codes *#0808# and select RNDIS + ACM + DM and reboot
2) attach the smartphone to USB the system should find new devices without driver (use the qualcomm one or lets windows finds the drivers alone)
4) find out which COM number has been attributed to your device and note it (e.g. COM8)
3) open QPST configuration if you find already a port configured go to the point 5 (sometime you will find everything already configured by his own)
4) Otherwise click on ADD NEW PORT there will be 2 field : Port (put the port you found at the point 4) (e.g.COM8) , Port Label : write whatever you want (e.g. MyPort)
5) In the menu of QPST configuration select "Service Programming" and click OK to every confirmation windows that will appear
8) Select the port you configured in QPST and under Communication - Target Port enable it and click OK

if everything is going as expected you will see that QXDM enable all the options that at the beginning are grayed out
14) Install on you device LTE Band Calculator app on your smartphone and insert that number in it to see what bands are enabled, add the bands you what to add and note down the new number in notepad . (e.g. 17592186044415 this enable all the bands)
15) go back to QXDM and past the new number in the field where you have found the original one click WRITE (wait 10 sec) - click WRITE again and wait 15 sec)

1) Close QXDM
2) close "Service Programming" in QSPT (don't close QSPT) - don't save when it requests it
3) under the menu Service in QSPT open EFS Explorer and confirm with OK (without touching nothing)
6) there will be few folder under LTE find a file named "ca_band_combos" or similar
8) delete "ca_band_combos" file in find there (this enable any aggregations possible)

HOW TO TEST IT:
[IF YOU ARE ROOTED]

[IF YOU ARE NOT ROOTED]
or test with a speed tester before and after to see if the aggregation works as expected (in my case before this procedure my test was 15 Mbits download / 12 Mbits upload, after the procedure 80 Mbits download / 30 Mbits upload )

HOW TO REVERT IT

[IF YOU ARE ROOTED]
adb reboot

[IF YOU ARE NOT ROOTED]

Sorry if I didn't add any attached file to download or image (no more time left ) .. (you can find it on XDA or google it)

_P3dr0_

Awesome post. But one question, I bought Note 10+ from ebay (N9750/DS) with SD chip and calling is not working with Freedom mobile but I can text and browse internet. Any chances I can make the changes to get this working with Freedom mobile? Help would be greatky appreciated as I don't want to go thru the hastle of returning it.

louforgiveno

Jun 24, 2010
Awesome post. But one question, I bought Note 10+ from ebay (N9750/DS) with SD chip and calling is not working with Freedom mobile but I can text and browse internet. Any chances I can make the changes to get this working with Freedom mobile? Help would be greatky appreciated as I don't want to go thru the hastle of returning it.
You have that ebay link handy? Looking for places to purchase the same model. Is the "sdcard" an option that needs to be specified?
Thanks!

Sent from my God Mode 8

louforgiveno

Jun 24, 2010
---------- Post added at 09:59 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:58 AM ----------

[/COLOR]

That's Snapdragon ?
Ah, makes sense....so one question is the secondary slot a sim/sdcard slot or is an extra sim tray needed to be purchased that will hold an sd?
Never had a dual sim smartphone, so some of the details are beyond me.

Sent from my God Mode 8

thaper0007

May 26, 2013
Ah, makes sense....so one question is the secondary slot a sim/sdcard slot or is an extra sim tray needed to be purchased that will hold an sd?

Sent from my God Mode 8

No. You don't need to purchase anything extra. How sim tray works for dual sim phone is that either you can use sim card 2 slot or SD card. If you use SD card, then you can't use second sim. But I don't think SD card is needed as it's memory is already 256 GB. And trust me, dual sim phones are just awesome.

louforgiveno

Jun 24, 2010
No. You don't need to purchase anything extra. How sim tray works for dual sim phone is that either you can use sim card 2 slot or SD card. If you use SD card, then you can't use second sim. But I don't think SD card is needed as it's memory is already 256 GB. And trust me, dual sim phones are just awesome.
Thank you! Just placed my order.
Now i gotta bunch of reading and re-learning to do....i know much has changed since the note 8 and nougat, looking forward to making mods etc.
Thanks again for the answers
...i may have more sooner than later ha!

Sent from my God Mode 8

thaper0007

May 26, 2013
Thank you! Just placed my order.
Now i gotta bunch of reading and re-learning to do....i know much has changed since the note 8 and nougat, looking forward to making mods etc.
Thanks again for the answers
...i may have more sooner than later ha!

Sent from my God Mode 8

No worries. Enjoy your new phone. Did you order the same that I mentioned from Veitnam? And are you from Canada? If yes, then you have to pay $74 custom charges. Still it's way cheaper then what you pay in Canada. ?

louforgiveno

Jun 24, 2010
No worries. Enjoy your new phone. Did you order the same that I mentioned from Veitnam? And are you from Canada? If yes, then you have to pay $74 custom charges. Still it's way cheaper then what you pay in Canada. ?
Thanks. No i ordered from another link that ships from new jersey (im in the u.s). No custom charges :)
Many thanks for the link and advice!

Sent from my God Mode 8

hhspiny

Oct 13, 2008
can anyone share what bands are enabled after this mod? I am using N9700 in US, and works great so far with all Carriers including Verizon, and VoLTE out of box. from what I gather, N9700 lacks several bands for T-mobile, i.e. 66 and 71. it would be a great that this mod enables them

p3dr01978

Jul 1, 2019
this mod should enable all the bands that the chipset is able to support. However you have to calculate the right value to put in the NV RAM #6828 LTE Configuration since the number I wrote (17592186044415) doesn't include the band 66 and 71

Please look on google or XDA how to calculate the #6828 value for the bands you want to activate

can anyone share what bands are enabled after this mod? I am using N9700 in US, and works great so far with all Carriers including Verizon, and VoLTE out of box. from what I gather, N9700 lacks several bands for T-mobile, i.e. 66 and 71. it would be a great that this mod enables them

Reactions: louforgiveno

louforgiveno

Jun 24, 2010
this mod should enable all the bands that the chipset is able to support. However you have to calculate the right value to put in the NV RAM #6828 LTE Configuration since the number I wrote (17592186044415) doesn't include the band 66 and 71

Please look on google or XDA how to calculate the #6828 value for the bands you want to activate
I'm having trouble finding the info for those 2 specific bands as well.
Would i be able to read the value from my T-mobile branded Note 8 and use that value to plug into the Note 10?

Sent from my God Mode 8

p3dr01978

Jul 1, 2019
Hi,
In theory Yes you can. But I don't know if you can read this value from your note 8 SD T-Mobile. You can try since reading a value is not invasive and if it doesn't work in the note 10 you can write again the original value. Otherwise you can ask to the LTE Bands Calculator developers to add these bands ;) and wait...

my 2 cents

Reactions: louforgiveno

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

REQUIRMENTS
    4) Samsung driver

PROCEDURE

14) Install on you device LTE Band Calculator app on your smartphone and insert that number in it to see what bands are enabled, add the bands you what to add and note down the new number in notepad . (e.g. 17592186044415 this enable all the bands from 1 to 44)

1) Close QXDM

HOW TO TEST IT:
    [IF YOU ARE ROOTED]

[IF YOU ARE NOT ROOTED]

HOW TO REVERT IT

[IF YOU ARE ROOTED]
    adb reboot

[IF YOU ARE NOT ROOTED]

_P3dr0_
    my phone NOTE 10 + N9750 TAIWAN , csc( BRI) chip snapdragon
    Im using app QICK SHORTCUT MAKER unlock LTE BAND

how to user app search Google
    sorry ! I talk English is bad

Sent from my God Mode 8

If I'm not wrong n9750 is HK version In that case it should work.
    go to Play Store download 2 app :
    + Samsung Band Selection
    + speed test

2: open app Samsung Band selection => LAUNCHER BAND SELECTION
    View the network in automatic mode is ok
    3: open app Speed Test and try network speed

4: open app Samsung Band selection => LAUNCHER BAND SELECTION
    Look at the list and select GSM/WCDMA and hide the samsung Band selection app and open the Speed ​​Test app to try the network speed
    Done
    5 : open Samsung band selection app
    Look at the list and select network type " Band selection mode "
    Press repeatedly on o it 5 times to 10 times and press select network type " Automatic"
    (repeatedly press "band selection mode" and last click automatically)
    Done
    Open app Speed Test and try test network speed
    Network speed will be very fast .
    Good luck
    Sorry I speak English very badly
    Watch the video and follow the instructions
    https://youtu.be/Ken6GTsRTEM

---------- Post added at 04:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:27 PM ----------

Funniest post of the year.

Does , OPs method still work or is it obsolete now ?