Post Reply Email Thread
30th August 2012, 01:00 AM |#11  
Flag Istanbul
Thanks Meter: 507

Donate to Me
More
Thanks Astrix.
This way is safe, easy and quick
The Following User Says Thank You to yasan For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift yasan Ad-Free

31st August 2012, 01:15 AM |#12  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 173

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by yasan

Thanks Astrix.
This way is safe, easy and quick

You're welcome.
Thanks for the update
31st August 2012, 01:42 AM |#13  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
hongkong zslp8 (p6810) worked.
thanks!
The Following User Says Thank You to lolo_hk For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift lolo_hk Ad-Free
4th September 2012, 08:41 AM |#14  
Retired Moderator
Barcelona
Thanks Meter: 72

Donate to Me
More
Hello,

Does this mean that the stock recovery is not checking the zip's file signature (big security flaw)? or that you got the Samsung private key to sign that file?
4th September 2012, 09:27 AM |#15  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by pof

Hello,

Does this mean that the stock recovery is not checking the zip's file signature (big security flaw)? or that you got the Samsung private key to sign that file?

As indicated at OP. This not my work.
Feel free to ask the original poster > Phil3759@His Thread < for more detail of the signature.
4th September 2012, 03:20 PM |#16  
Senior Recognized Developer
Flag Owego, NY
Thanks Meter: 25,472

Donate to Me
More
There is no need to flash a modified SuperSU package - Chainfire's original unmodified release will work just fine.

The reason is that for some reason, some Samsung stock recoveries allow flashing of ZIPs signed with testkeys. Nearly all ICS recoveries for Exynos 4210 devices supported this, and I think (but I'm not sure), garyd9's original CWM implementation for the Tab 7 Plus used this approach for installation, so it sounds like Tab 7 Plus/7.7 HC recoveries also allowed testkeys-signed packages.

ICS for the Note 10.1 does NOT permit testkeys-signed packages, same for I9300 to my knowledge.
The Following User Says Thank You to Entropy512 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
4th September 2012, 08:21 PM |#17  
Thanks Meter: 19

More
It's not working in Tab2 p3100 ICS 4.0.4 . Signature verification failed it's the message.Cheers.
4th September 2012, 09:45 PM |#18  
Flag Memphis
Thanks Meter: 10

More
im assuming this has no chance of working for the galaxy player 4.2 with gingerbread on it will it?
4th September 2012, 11:54 PM |#19  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Entropy512

There is no need to flash a modified SuperSU package - Chainfire's original unmodified release will work just fine.

Noted...and thanks very much of your input.

Quote:

The reason is that for some reason, some Samsung stock recoveries allow flashing of ZIPs signed with testkeys. Nearly all ICS recoveries for Exynos 4210 devices supported this, and I think (but I'm not sure), garyd9's original CWM implementation for the Tab 7 Plus used this approach for installation, so it sounds like Tab 7 Plus/7.7 HC recoveries also allowed testkeys-signed packages.

Great...thanks Entropy512.

Quote:

ICS for the Note 10.1 does NOT permit testkeys-signed packages, same for I9300 to my knowledge.

Yes...you're rite. Note 10.1, Signature verification failed when flash this method.

Quote:
Originally Posted by viasat

It's not working in Tab2 p3100 ICS 4.0.4 . Signature verification failed it's the message.Cheers.

This method so far working for P6800, P6810 & N7000.

There are more method about it. Try take a look at the original post for few other steps, here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=28178105

Quote:
Originally Posted by baruch6132

im assuming this has no chance of working for the galaxy player 4.2 with gingerbread on it will it?

You can try and feedback...
If it failed it will abort.
5th September 2012, 01:56 PM |#20  
Senior Recognized Developer
Flag Owego, NY
Thanks Meter: 25,472

Donate to Me
More
Yeah, it's pretty low-risk. Either it works, or it aborts and does nothing. I9100 and I777 ICS will also allow it.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Entropy512 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
6th September 2012, 12:02 PM |#21  
Thanks Meter: 12

More
I wish to download the "Root_SuperSU.0.95.Only-signed.zip" file, but I got "Invalid Attachment specified" error. Anything wrong?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)