FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[I815/P6800/P6810] CyanogenMod 10.1 (01/05/13)

335 posts
Thanks Meter: 1,020

By locerra, Senior Member on 18th December 2012, 07:59 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
I've started porting CyanogenMod 10.1 to the Galaxy Tab 7.7. Do not flash this unless you know how to backup your data and especially unless you know how to get back to stock. If you don't already know how to do this, you might want to familiarize yourself with the process now, while the developers try to stabilize CM10.1. I don't have time to help people unbrick their devices, and will not take responsibility for any user bricking their device, you flash this at your own risk.

If you are a developer interested in helping out with the porting effort, please PM me.

Known Issues
  • CM10.1 is in a primitive state, many features are still missing or don't work
  • bluetooth doesn't work
  • audio: dock audio doesn't work
  • hwcomposer: HDMI dongle doesn't work
  • wifi: won't connect to hidden ssids
  • wifi: will only connect to 5GHz networks when immediately adjacent to the router
  • i815: ambient light sensor doesn't work (no autobrightness)
  • i815: no IR-Blaster support (I have no intention of fixing this)
Download
Google apps can be found at http://goo.im/gappsFlash
Flash from ClockworkMod Recovery or TWRP, and make sure to wipe data/factory reset. No whining if it eats your homework. There are some storage differences with Jellybean 4.2, so beware when switching between Jellybean 4.2 and earlier versions of android.

Changelog
  • 01/05/13
    • i815: GPS should be fixed
    • Wifi should no longer disconnect immediately upon sleep
  • 12/25/12
    • i815: CMDA and LTE should work without having to fiddle with settings (still need to be on the LP10 baseband)
    • p68x0: GPS should be fixed (can't currently test)
    • mic should be fixed
    • some camera fixes/improvements
  • 12/18/12 (from CM10)
    • i815: CDMA and LTE work (make sure to update the baseband to LP10, if you're still having issues see here)
    • Completely new Wifi driver -- please test and report back
    • Completely new libaudio (now opensource)
    • Completely new gralloc + hwcomposer (also now opensource)
Credits
  • teamhacksung -- adding the necessary exynos4 and audio fixes to the CM tree, they deserve a huge thanks this time around
The Following 84 Users Say Thank You to locerra For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift locerra Ad-Free

18th December 2012, 08:13 AM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 34

More
Oh yeah!, downloading now

Sent from my SCH-I535 using xda app-developers app
18th December 2012, 08:20 AM |#3  
Flag Paris
Thanks Meter: 11

More
Thank you so much !!! And very good job !!!
18th December 2012, 08:44 AM |#4  
Flag cairo
Thanks Meter: 94

More
Nice, you made my day

---------- Post added at 10:44 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:38 AM ----------

when i click the link of p6800, it says "The file you requested was not found"
18th December 2012, 08:52 AM |#5  
OP Senior Member
Flag Seattle
Thanks Meter: 1,020

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bassem.mohsen

when i click the link of p6800, it says "The file you requested was not found"

yes, I uploaded to the wrong url. It should work within a few minutes, sorry about that.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to locerra For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift locerra Ad-Free
18th December 2012, 08:59 AM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 34

More
Installation went smooth and I can confirm data is working on I815. I got excited when I noticed the phone app. I dialed my home and it rang twice then crashed. Gotta admit I was pretty excited for a moment. Great job so far, I'm loving it

Sent from my SCH-I815 using xda app-developers app
18th December 2012, 09:25 AM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Locerra you are the best developer ever and also thanks aorth

Sent from my GT-P6800 using xda premium
18th December 2012, 09:39 AM |#8  
Flag Milpitas
Thanks Meter: 112

More
Doubtful we'll see phone functionality, but it would be totally awesome if it was enabled.

SMS works

Phone doesn't fc but I can't hear if its dialing via speaker or headphone.

Sent from my SCH-I815 using xda premium
18th December 2012, 10:30 AM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 6

More
Thank you so much Locerra for the effort of porting CM 10.1 to our tablet. I didn't expect this at all. I´ve read that it's using new hwcomposer, does this mean that we have "butter" experience at last? Hope GPS get fixed eventually.

Thanks a lot !!!!
18th December 2012, 11:21 AM |#10  
Flag KL
Thanks Meter: 1,403

Donate to Me
More
in the short usage... i can say that's its smoother... and modern combat 4 graphic kind of different... look better... i need to compare it with the old CM10 build... but look like its kind of better....

normal wifi is working fine on 2.4ghz... havent test with 5ghz but no hidden ssid... will going to see more of it... and big million thanks to locerra for porting it... and off course the super teamhacksamsung that provide great update on git....
18th December 2012, 11:24 AM |#11  
Flag cairo
Thanks Meter: 94

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by edan1979

in the short usage... i can say that's its smoother... and modern combat 4 graphic kind of different... look better... i need to compare it with the old CM10 build... but look like its kind of better....

normal wifi is working fine on 2.4ghz... havent test with 5ghz but no hidden ssid... will going to see more of it... and big million thanks to locerra for porting it... and off course the super teamhacksamsung that provide great update on git....

sadly i'm in work now, and can't flash it until i go home :S

but could you benchmark it with this and tell us the score?
https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...standard&hl=en
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)