Thanks Meter: 5,009

By daniel_hk, XDA Ad-Free Recognized Contributor on 19th April 2014, 01:16 AM
Thread Closed Email Thread
23rd April 2014, 03:52 PM |#11  
Flag New Cairo, EG
Thanks Meter: 70

More
I have found a problem with Slimkat/Carbon/CM11/Omni ROMs

The top and bottom mics are reversed; meaning that the top microphone (which should be for noise cancellation) is used as the main microphone and bottom microphone (which should be the main microphone) is used for noise cancellation.

I have tried all 4 ROMs today and they all have the exact same problem.

Previously only one microphone was active and you successfully fixed this Daniel by enabling both microphones, now we just need to reverse them to make them work properly.

2nd July 2014, 10:34 AM |#12  
Thanks Meter: 77

More
set color for navigation bar??
Says its a feature but my dumb a$s can't find the setting.
So I guess if does not exist that would be great also since I couldn't find it!
2nd July 2014, 12:45 PM |#13  
Flag İzmir
Thanks Meter: 93

More
I wonder if xposed installer and its applications can be used with this rom..
3rd July 2014, 02:24 AM |#14  
Thanks Meter: 385

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sas_sas

I wonder if xposed installer and its applications can be used with this rom..

I think it should be ok. I have used xposed on the CM 4.4.4r1 rom, as long as you are using Davlik and not ART for the runtime, it should be fine. I don't think Xposed is compatible with ART at the moment. I use the App Settings module, to set custom DPI values for various apps, also the greenify app has an Xposed module, which helps me to keep battery usage down and memory usage (I do this mainly for Real Racing 3 which is memory hungry).
3rd July 2014, 02:58 AM |#15  
Thanks Meter: 39

More
Wow, a ROM from the future (7 July, today is 3rd July =p)
The Following User Says Thank You to ngoonee For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ngoonee Ad-Free
3rd July 2014, 03:22 AM |#16  
Flag Cairo
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Hello guys,

Need to know the steps for flashing this ROM and GAPPS on a P6800.
Running stock 4.1.2 with root and CWM.

Thanks guys.
3rd July 2014, 03:40 AM |#17  

More
This is for someone who has a stock unrooted galaxy tab 7.7

This should be a full proof method of installing "first" a custom recovery and "second" a custom Kit kat rom.
Download all your files first.

1. Here is the link to Odin 3.07 -

https://www.google.com/url?q=http://...lFV7WKUotUiStw

When you go to this link it will give you the choice to open or save the file - I always download the file then extract it to a folder on my desktop named Odin.

2. Here is the link to TWRP v.2.7.1.0 -

http://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=23501681358545485

When you go to this link you will need to select the download option on the page. A ten second timer will count down and then give you a few options to download from. Just select the first one for your download.

3. Here is the link for your selected rom -

http://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=23501681358556281

When you go to this link you will need to select the download option on the page. It will give you the choice to open or save the file - SAVE is what you do.

4. Here is the link to the gapps file you will need.

http://www.androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=15797 choose stock!

Again select download and choose to save.

We now have the four files we need to install this custom rom. Please copy the files from steps 3 and 4 to a micro sd card. Place the card into your tablet.

Time to INSTALL!!!

1. If you have not already - unzip the first file "Odin 3.07" to a folder on your desktop PC.

2. Press and hold the volume down and power button together and hold until a screen appears (other then a battery display or SAMSUNG) then let go of both. The screen should say something like "Warning!! A custom OS blah blah .. it will also say "Volume up: Continue".

3. Press the volume up choice. The screen should change to the little android and say downloading. This is known as "odin mode" and also referred to as "downloading mode" .

4. Now plug in the tablet transfer cable to the tablet and the PC. Open the Odin folder and double click the Odin3 v3.07 executable. Give the program permission to open if needed. Once open, Look for id:com - right above that you should see something like 0:[COM6](it might be another number then 6 this is all Good). If you do see this then you know you are connected.
In the option area you will see two options selected. Deselect Auto reboot leaving F. Reset Time the only one selected. To the right of this click the PDA button. This is where you will select the "TRWP v.2.7.1.0" file you downloaded on step 2. Once you select the twrp file, and you press open, the option for PDA will now have a check mark next to it. Now you can Press Start and let it run till you see "RESET!" at the top left of the Odin window and also you will see RES OK! in the message area (bottom left).

5. Disconnect the tablet from the transfer cable. Now Press the Power and Volume Up buttons together until you see the TEAMWIN window - release the buttons. This will take you into your newly installed twrp custom recovery. If the screen goes black while using the software, just touch it to wake.

6. Select WIPE

7. Select Format Data - type yes and press return on the keyboard - when it is done formatting choose the house icon to go back to the home screen.

8. Select Install - Navigate to your external sdcard and select the Carbon rom you downloaded in step 3.

9. Now select "add a zip" and choose the GAPPS file we downloaded in step 4.

10. Now use the "Swipe to Start" and allow the 2 files to install. When they finish you will have three choices.

11. First select wipe on the left - when it finishes select reboot.

Give it some time and you will eventually get to your carbon setup screen.

---------- Post added at 09:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:38 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by ngoonee

Wow, a ROM from the future (7 July, today is 3rd July =p)

dont get it?
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Lt.col.johncross For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Lt.col.johncross Ad-Free
3rd July 2014, 01:19 PM |#18  
Flag Cairo

More
Hello,

I did everything you mentioned, but I'm using CWM instead of TWRP. Unfortunately though, when the Tab goes up I get two main crashes: Google Location, Setup Wizard, AOSP keyboard etc...

Any thoughts on that?

@ @daniel_hk, would appreciate your support on the matter.
3rd July 2014, 08:25 PM |#19  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sergani

Hello,

I did everything you mentioned, but I'm using CWM instead of TWRP. Unfortunately though, when the Tab goes up I get two main crashes: Google Location, Setup Wizard, AOSP keyboard etc...

Any thoughts on that?

@ @daniel_hk, would appreciate your support on the matter.

Change out to this GAPPS

http://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=23501681358554547
The Following User Says Thank You to Lt.col.johncross For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Lt.col.johncross Ad-Free
3rd July 2014, 11:29 PM |#20  
Thanks Meter: 32

More
exfat works, so I love it better than omniroms.
BTW, Is there a way to fix signal db ?
I get like 1000db on status.
4th July 2014, 01:58 AM |#21  
Flag Cairo

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lt.col.johncross

Change out to this GAPPS

http://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=23501681358554547

Works great, thank you!
I suggest you correct your earlier post for others.
Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread

Tags
4.4.4, carbon, galaxytab 7.7, kitkat
Previous Thread Next Thread