I8552 Chinese - No Google Play Solution with Change of Stock ROM

Search This thread

mbga9pgf

Mar 29, 2014
Neewbie here,

Have a quick question. UK user, purchased a Chinese Samsung Galaxy Win (dual sim) GT-I8552. Unfortunately, I dont think its going to come with the Google Play app.

Im not interested in installing custom roms, custom recovery modules etc, all I desire is to be able to access the Play store to restore my purchased apps on old Android phone!

Is there any way I will be able to install a Stock from FROM A DIFFERENT REGION to the Phone, or am I stuck with no google play or having to install a custom rom (which I believe from searches, a stable version doesnt exist at present for the I8552!). I am planning on using the standard Samsung Tools to install the Stock ROM from a different region.

The phones specs and hardware are identical, apart from the Internal memory, which is 4Gb as opposed to 8Gb on the non Chinese model....

Thanks in advance, as a newb I couldnt post this to the Dev side, if any Android XDA developers could repost in dev if I dont get an answer on the general forum....

Thanks in advance!

AAbounegm

Feb 22, 2014
Cairo
Download it as APK

Neewbie here,

Have a quick question. UK user, purchased a Chinese Samsung Galaxy Win (dual sim) GT-I8552. Unfortunately, I dont think its going to come with the Google Play app.

Im not interested in installing custom roms, custom recovery modules etc, all I desire is to be able to access the Play store to restore my purchased apps on old Android phone!

Is there any way I will be able to install a Stock from FROM A DIFFERENT REGION to the Phone, or am I stuck with no google play or having to install a custom rom (which I believe from searches, a stable version doesnt exist at present for the I8552!). I am planning on using the standard Samsung Tools to install the Stock ROM from a different region.

The phones specs and hardware are identical, apart from the Internal memory, which is 4Gb as opposed to 8Gb on the non Chinese model....

Thanks in advance, as a newb I couldnt post this to the Dev side, if any Android XDA developers could repost in dev if I dont get an answer on the general forum....

Thanks in advance!

Without installing any ROM or doing anything dangerous, you can get the APK of the Play Store.
Here is a link for the latest one as for today (4.6.16) : goo. gl/IF8SoA
Download it and open it from your phone and install it and it should work.
If it didn't work, you have other alternatives such as Aptoide.
If you don't have the Google Play store, then most probably you don't have the Google Play Services package. For this, you may need to root your device and install it as a zip, or google Gapps for your device and download each APK by itself.