[Q] 5Ghz wifi very unstable

Search This thread

rockuman_ex

Jun 4, 2007
Samsung Galaxy S21
Just got my N910G (AUS), and I found the wifi is VERY unstable when it is connected to 5Ghz band, but stable on 2.4Ghz.

Tried it on 2 different modems/routers, same.

Never had any problem with my other phones connecting to 5Ghz (M7, Z2).

Any idea?

The phone is stock, non-rooted.

henklbr

Feb 20, 2009
Netherlands
www.sammobile.com
Router: Linksys Smart Wi-Fi EA6500 | firmware: 1.1.29.162351
ISP: ZIGGO

A0DigE.png
lRwvph.png

Left: 2.4 GHz
Right: 5 GHz

rcobourn

Feb 12, 2009
You might also fiddle around with which channel your router is set to for the 5ghz band. Turn off the smart network switching too.

rockuman_ex

Jun 4, 2007
Samsung Galaxy S21
Factory reset or try latest update/ odin flash latest fw.
It's a new phone with the latest firmware, i dont think factory reset going to help

You might also fiddle around with which channel your router is set to for the 5ghz band. Turn off the smart network switching too.

Smart network switching is already turned off. Tried different channels, same results

Factory reset is not a solution to every little problem. In fact, it's not a solution at all. If you don't find out what's wrong, you could hard reset your phone, set it up from scratch and still be faced with the same issue.

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk

Agree :good:

habeebee

Dec 10, 2016
Did this and no dropout so far!

:laugh:

Just change the 5ghz wifi channel to that which is obviously suitable for all your devices. Also had this issue but my PC was able to connect to both 5ghz channel on my 2 dual band routers while the phablet won't. I fiddled and discovered the lower channels worked perfectly