[Rom][S4-Sprint][Official][Kitkat - 4.4.2] - Gummy - Nighly's

Search This thread

kevinsturf

Feb 15, 2012
New York
I think I know why people aren't getting 3g. If you go into settings and go under 'more' in WIRELESS AND NETWORKS...you'll see that mobile network > Network mode is set to LTE. You can change that to 3g and see if that works for you. Currently, I don't see an option to have both 3g/LTE

kiekan

Feb 10, 2009
Downers Grove, IL
I think I know why people aren't getting 3g. If you go into settings and go under 'more' in WIRELESS AND NETWORKS...you'll see that mobile network > Network mode is set to LTE. You can change that to 3g and see if that works for you. Currently, I don't see an option to have both 3g/LTE

I have tried this. When the option to switch to 3G is selected, I lose all data. I can still receive calls/sms, but data dies.

nsciucco

Sep 12, 2012
Loving this ROM. Incredible work

Sent from my SPH-L720 using xda app-developers ap

Coldboot

Jun 26, 2010

That's one of the first things I tried but didn't work. What modem are you on? I'm on MF9.

ibedanny

Oct 16, 2007
ROM is running great.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using xda app-developers app

---------- Post added at 10:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:30 PM ----------

So art would be automatically disabled upon install?

robmart

Feb 14, 2011
Anyone else having camera issues? Mine froze up and had to reboot.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

skyyrocket

Apr 8, 2012
Miramar
3g works fine I am on the MJA modem too and the Netflix bug I had on the cm 11 build is gone so going to be testing the rest of the night to see what else is working or not

Reactions: jameztownbarber

Son Rise

Sep 8, 2009
Is there a way to remove the google search. On the home screen?

seanpowell95

Jul 30, 2010
Las Vegas
Agree

Nope. I'm on Sprint. I really just don't get how other people are having no issues with data, while it just refuses to connect for some. I have no data issues at all on 4.3 roms.

I am also on Sprint. I just flashed the Rom and could not connect with my data. I haven't had a problem with data until flashing this 4.4 . I just restored my old rom.

conflikt

Sep 11, 2007
On first boot the phone called s number and tried to activate which failed. Sky how are you getting working 3g? With the 3g setting under extra modem settings ??

---------- Post added at 06:27 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:18 AM ----------

I'm not getting 3G under the 3G setting or global settings neither. Using the MJA modem only. So I think I'll backup and switch back until this is resolved. Like the ROM but don't have unlimited wireless always unless at home.

---------- Post added at 06:32 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:27 AM ----------

I think cyanogenmod never updated to the newer MJA modem and that is the problem. As I get 1/2 a bar to 1 bar only. Reason I quit using before. I could be wrong but I see no difference in reception bars from 10.2 to 11 as opposed to TW I get 4 to 5 bars.

bboysmerf

Dec 4, 2006
reno, nv
3g and 4g are working fine for me....I am on the official MJA firmware...

PwnCloud

Jul 16, 2011
I am also on Sprint. I just flashed the Rom and could not connect with my data. I haven't had a problem with data until flashing this 4.4 . I just restored my old rom.

I had no data connection until a few minutes after flashing. Try giving it some time if you hadn't.

I haven't had any issues with this ROM yet, except HDR photos cause the camera to crash and to create a corrupt file.

Also, incognito mode on the default Browser causes it to crash.

After properly rebooting, it won't seem to boot back into the ROM.

nsciucco

Sep 12, 2012
Works silky smooth. Absolutely a beast of a rom. Only issue so far is superuser is not working. Any recommendations to gain root access

MichaelMcEntire

Jun 7, 2010
Works silky smooth. Absolutely a beast of a rom. Only issue so far is superuser is not working. Any recommendations to gain root access

I ended up flashing Su 1.65 to solve this. It was strange, super user was working for awhile, then just stopped.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

Reactions: pcmanager

kseriel

Aug 23, 2011
Does the hot word detection (OK Google) work for anyone?

---------- Post added at 09:34 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:15 AM ----------

Oh and camera app keeps GPS on if location tag is turned on. Great job its a smooth ROM!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    GUMMY

IulWCzh.png

Gummy ROM is made for speed, stability and to stay as closely in line with AOSP as possible while still supporting a large amount of devices and giving you all of the features you love. It isn’t slowed down by features you’ll never use nor is it so slim as to be just another AOSP build.*

Features:

* New base built from AOSP
    * Status Bar Mods
    * Hardware Key Mod
    * Many Wallpapers
    * Performance Control
    * Application Permission Controls
    * Carrier Label Options
    * Lock clock widget
    * QuickSettings
    * Theme Manager

Device Specific:

Whats not working...
    * In-Call mute
    * HDR camera
    * misc QuickSettings buttons may still have issues (let us know what you find)
    * what else (you tell us)

ChangLOG:

Please review out Gerrit instance to keep up with changes daily...

Instructions for installations:

1. Download ROM
    2. Download Gapps
    3. Push to sdcard
    4. Reboot Recovery
    5. Wipe Data and Cache
    6. Install ROM
    7. Install Gapps
    8. Reboot System

Contributions:

- Thank you to Cyanogenmod for device and hardware repositories. Without this, porting * * Gummy to QCOM devices would have been nearly impossible.
    - Thank you to Google for the best source code.
    - Androidfilehost.com for hosting our file servers!

Team Members: In alphabetical order

Primary Developers:
    Cphelps76, Kejar31

Developers and Device Maintainers:
    Bkjolly, BytecodeMe, DHacker29, Hashcode, NoCoast, Papi92, TDM, Xoomdev

Artwork direction and development
    ChadFrankos, Cphelps76, Kejar31

Github- https://github.com/TEAM-Gummy

Gerrit- http://review.gummyrom.com/#/q/status:eek:pen,n,z

Twitter- @gummyRom

GAPPS - we now recommend PA-Gapps

ROM
    What happened to the sprint nightlies?

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

Nightly's were down for a few days while we got 4.4.1 merged... We restarted them last night.... But is seems as though one of our nodes were having issues, which is why the sprint S4, among others, didn't build... I turned that node off this morning and started the failed builds over.. Your phone should be starting in about 45 min and be done in about 1.5 hours

Sent from my SGH-I337 using Tapatalk
    new build is up.. video issues are resolved.. enjoy!!
    nighly's are up and going... enjoy you flashing fix daily now :p
    Just a quick PSA to everyone running this ROM...

Muting during calls does not work at all. Speakerphone or non-speakerphone. Mute button does not work.

Thought I should let people know since I found it, so that no one has an embarrassing situation develop.