Do you prefer touch wiz or after market launcher like NOVA?

Launcher of choice

• Stock samsung

Votes: 59 36.4%
  • Nova

Votes: 77 47.5%
  • Apex

Votes: 15 9.3%
  • Other

Votes: 11 6.8%

• Total voters
Search This thread

mxl180

Nov 2, 2008
I'm a previous nova launcher user. Trying to get a consensus on touch wiz.

epicnoob66

Mar 1, 2012
Nova, got the paid version a few weeks ago on sale for a quarter. Los of great setting and options

Sent from my t0ltespr

anti-up

Aug 26, 2010
I never really liked touch wiz at all. This time around im not so against it. I think my favs would be trebuchet, or the sense launcher. Never got a good feeling from nova or any others...

THIS NOTE 2 IS SENT FROM A GALAXY WHERE SAMSUNG SPRINTS TO THE TOP, AND JELLY BEANS EAT APPLES!!!!

A2CKilla

Feb 22, 2011
Touchwiz is amazing, F the haters!!!! Lol

Sent from my SPH-L900 using xda app-developers app

mrush

Oct 19, 2011
Can't do touchwiz even tho its better than on the S2. Its Nova all the way. Just wish you could shrink app icons on it..

Samsung Galaxy Note II

-viperboy-

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jun 24, 2007
PA
TOUCH WIZ!!

Touch Wiz and all its features can't be touched.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using xda premium

Not sure if serious...?

Can't resize widgets, can't change grid size, no scrollable dock, etc.

The modded touchwiz launcher is OK with increased grid sizes, but still too limited. I use Go Launcher. They update it like every Friday, good support, lots of themes, animations, etc.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: oxmis

madsquabbles

Jan 31, 2009
I use Go Launcher. They update it like every Friday, good support, lots of themes, animations, etc.

go launcher seemed to always add battery drain when i used it. i've tried going back multiple times and each time i'd get bad battery life which would go away after uninstalling. it also started slowing down my droid charge, each update added something that caused my charge to be slow as heck (it's only got 512MB of RAM).

it's got some nice features and add ons however.

-viperboy-

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jun 24, 2007
PA
go launcher seemed to always add battery drain when i used it. i've tried going back multiple times and each time i'd get bad battery life which would go away after uninstalling. it also started slowing down my droid charge, each update added something that caused my charge to be slow as heck (it's only got 512MB of RAM).

it's got some nice features and add ons however.

Hmm, I've never experienced that.

bullet2300

Oct 31, 2008
I use NOVA. I'd love to use stock, but I cannot stand having less than a 7x7 grid, which just is not possible with TW :(

fryingpan0613

Jul 18, 2010
Central Florida
Google Pixel 6
I always loved Apex, but it's not worth giving up all the features on this so touch wiz it is

---------- Post added at 04:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:31 PM ----------

I use NOVA. I'd love to use stock, but I cannot stand having less than a 7x7 grid, which just is not possible with TW :(

6x5 touch wiz is in the development section

Rado_vr6

Sep 16, 2010
Used to be hardcore Apex up until I couldn't use it on my GS3 with Paranoid Android. Been using Nova ever since. I'm a big fan of stock Android so TW just doesn't do it for me. I can't wait til we get an AOSP from, hopefully with Nova or Trebuchet built in.

Sent from the second version of a hefty "Note" pad.

Subiegsr

Aug 8, 2007
I always loved Apex, but it's not worth giving up all the features on this so touch wiz it is

---------- Post added at 04:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:31 PM ----------

6x5 touch wiz is in the development section

Could you clarify for me what features are in touch wiz that aren't in the 3rd party launchers?

Sent from my Note 2 via XDA Premium

fryingpan0613

Jul 18, 2010
Central Florida
Google Pixel 6
Could you clarify for me what features are in touch wiz that aren't in the 3rd party launchers?

Sent from my Note 2 via XDA Premium

The s pen integration. Like how s note opens when I pull it out. You can also do the search with it. I love the profiles, like when I plug in headphones it goes to a Page set up for music.
The customization Of apex isn't worth giving up the features.

cherylbaker

Jan 21, 2006
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
The s pen integration. Like how s note opens when I pull it out. You can also do the search with it. I love the profiles, like when I plug in headphones it goes to a Page set up for music.
The customization Of apex isn't worth giving up the features.

Hmm well I am running nova and when I take my pen out note opens

---------- Post added at 10:50 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:36 AM ----------

How do you setup these profiles. . I have not seen this

guisar

Sep 11, 2010
Can someone run though the features they like in tw? The bits I like about the note interface such as taking a screenshot awaiting your palm across the screen still work in Nova. On the other hand especially on the phone with a lot of storage things like the Nova Launcher ability to use folders in the app drawer to organize applications so you don't have to scroll through hundreds of them are really nice. Same with the gestures for control which really cut down on the poking and pecking when it comes to trying to get stuff started quickly. I used TW for a few days and just found it pretty pretty plain Jane with no extra features

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    TOUCH WIZ!!

Nova Prime + Tesla Unread + APW + WidgetLocker = FTW. TWiz is effing hideous, has no customization, the widgets are horrendous and the few features it has aren't worth dealing with my phone looking like ass to keep since there are better alternatives for most of them and all of the S-Pen and MW features work without it. The only thing that doesn't work is Page Buddy and that feature is annoying anyways, I dont always want to go to S Note everytime I remove the S-Pen or go to the Music apps cuz I plugged my headphones.

I like to break stuff! :D
    TOUCH WIZ!!

Not sure if serious...?

Can't resize widgets, can't change grid size, no scrollable dock, etc.

The modded touchwiz launcher is OK with increased grid sizes, but still too limited. I use Go Launcher. They update it like every Friday, good support, lots of themes, animations, etc.

Well I bought Nova Launcher Prime for 25 cents so I use that :)
    My launcher of the month is Smart Launcher, before that it was Nova.

uploadfromtaptalk1362019869516.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1362019893200.jpg

Sent from my GNote2 using Tapatalk 2