root for ME865 HKTW 6.7.2_GC-220-EDS-3-65

Search This thread

Alemossa

Jul 15, 2013
Thank you for the guide. Now i know i got HKTW rom. I tried the root file you gave me. It was working good but, it stopped working after first reboot. i leaved like that for 10 minutes and nothing seem to happend, so i went to sleep and leave it there all night xD. In the morning nothing had changed, so i closed the root program and disconected the phone. Then i tried to do it again, and now it tells me "device not found" waiting for device and nothing more. Yes i had unknown souces and usb debugging in both attempts.

What im doing wrong? may i be getting this cause im not trying the root in the china retail rom as the OP estate?. If so, then how do i come back to HKTW rom without loosing the root?

alrojas

Apr 18, 2013
... may i be getting this cause im not trying the root in the china retail rom as the OP estate?. If so, then how do I come back to HKTW rom without loosing the root?

If when you said that, you are reffering to this:

the root is now possible by using a hack: 1st flash the retail china boot, root, flash back the Retail Hong Kong boot

Then I explain you, He just explaining the method for rooting. If you look inside the ROOT.bat

The line 4 said this: moto-fastboot flash boot boot_china.img, and do exactlty what he said: 1st flash the retail china boot,
The lines 5-27, do the trick to gain the root access.
The line 28 said this: moto-fastboot flash boot boot.img, and do exactlty what he said: flash back the Retail Hong Kong boot ,

Sorry if I am wrong, but I think you are a little confused with vocabulary. BOOT is different to ROM. BOOT is the initial program to load the Operating System. The ROM holds the Operating system and other components.

Anyway, I don't know what is the problem :(. Usually works the 99.9% LoL. So Check you have latest Drivers (Download it from Motorola's page).
I read in other post that USB Connection should be Camera (PTP). I never do that, but maybe it works for you. Try using the original cable. Try another computer, another usb port. :(.

I think the problem is external.

Reactions: Alemossa

Alemossa

Jul 15, 2013
If when you said that, you are reffering to this:

Then I explain you, He just explaining the method for rooting. If you look inside the ROOT.bat

The line 4 said this: moto-fastboot flash boot boot_china.img, and do exactlty what he said: 1st flash the retail china boot,
The lines 5-27, do the trick to gain the root access.
The line 28 said this: moto-fastboot flash boot boot.img, and do exactlty what he said: flash back the Retail Hong Kong boot ,

Sorry if I am wrong, but I think you are a little confused with vocabulary. BOOT is different to ROM. BOOT is the initial program to load the Operating System. The ROM holds the Operating system and other components.

Anyway, I don't know what is the problem :(. Usually works the 99.9% LoL. So Check you have latest Drivers (Download it from Motorola's page).
I read in other post that USB Connection should be Camera (PTP). I never do that, but maybe it works for you. Try using the original cable. Try another computer, another usb port. :(.

I think the problem is external.

Yes you are right, i am not aware of the method used to root so i mixed up things. Anyways, good news! i could root the phone!. First i tried what you said, changed ports, rebooted phone and pc, tried in 3 diferent pc, but no luck, just hanged at error device not found. So i tried i factory reset, and it worked! thanks you so much for your support! Just one last question. If at some point im going to flash a custom rom in my system 1, does that delete my root? i want first to flash some roms in system 3-6 but i just want to know cause in system 1 you can use all the memory and im not sure if flashing a 4.2.2 replacing my stock rom will delete the superuser.

alrojas

Apr 18, 2013
Yes you are right, i am not aware of the method used to root so i mixed up things. Anyways, good news! i could root the phone!. First i tried what you said, changed ports, rebooted phone and pc, tried in 3 diferent pc, but no luck, just hanged at error device not found. So i tried i factory reset, and it worked! thanks you so much for your support! Just one last question. If at some point im going to flash a custom rom in my system 1, does that delete my root? i want first to flash some roms in system 3-6 but i just want to know cause in system 1 you can use all the memory and im not sure if flashing a 4.2.2 replacing my stock rom will delete the superuser.

Congrats!, What you said makes sense. I never root a phone after OTA Update, where previous operating system files still persist.
About Custom ROMs, Usually they have root access out the box and have a menu inside Settings, so Superuser app doesn't needed. But you always can download it from Play Store.

Reactions: Alemossa

stampeede

May 21, 2011
Ipoh
sorry for disturb

h1ms3lf

when i process until adb reboot bootloader
it show : " error device not found "
is got any solution about this problem ?

h1ms3lf

Oct 31, 2012
re:

sorry for disturb

h1ms3lf

when i process until adb reboot bootloader
it show : " error device not found "
is got any solution about this problem ?

you need have to installed the latest versions of the required applications:
1. RSD Lite 6.15 >> http://www.mediafire.com/download/7puan3uzhwu1pm6/RSDLite_v6.1.x.zip
2. Motorola Device Driver >> https://motorola-global-portal.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/88481/~/drivers/action/auth

+ make sure usb debuggin is on

rangeseven

May 24, 2014
This works !!!
I have been trying to root using the one click tool, and the error that i always got it permission denied. Now i know that HKTW version does not support that kind of rooting.
For those who cannot get it working:

1) Make sure to install latest Motorola USB driver
2) Make sure your device is ME865
3) Make sure FW is 6.7.2_GC-220-EDS-3-65 (Android 4.0.4) just tap on system update until you got the latest android. Can check the FW in settings -> About device.
4) Connect USB, tick USB debugging, tick Install from unknown source.
5) I rooted my phone in USB Camera mode.

Cheers with thanks...just registered to post this post :highfive::good:

LEESSANG

Oct 26, 2014
I can't install any romm! Pls help! Ota?

HERE THE DETAIL
actually i have change my phone system version from mb865 to me865, that is 672.300.404.me865.retail.en.05.... and it's upgrade to jb 4.1.2.. my phone also have rooted.. i've followed the step from youtube... so, when i used rom manager v5.3.3.7 (that is apk ) the section of "check for ROM Updates" it's said "your rom is not set up to receive OTA updates.". SO, how i to overcome the problem..... pls help me, i'm from malaysia:crying:

noranora

Jul 23, 2013
HERE THE DETAIL
actually i have change my phone system version from mb865 to me865, that is 672.300.404.me865.retail.en.05.... and it's upgrade to jb 4.1.2.. my phone also have rooted.. i've followed the step from youtube... so, when i used rom manager v5.3.3.7 (that is apk ) the section of "check for ROM Updates" it's said "your rom is not set up to receive OTA updates.". SO, how i to overcome the problem..... pls help me, i'm from malaysia:crying:

Hi Malaysian fellow? nice to bump into you here. I'm sure you're aware that rom manager you mentioned is for custom rom, right? That being said, atrix 2 doesn't play well with it. I ended up softbricking once using it. To flash custom rom, use bootmenu manager only. This phone also stuck at ICS for official update. JB was leaked. Long story short, it is not official from moto. Nonetheless, install BMM and play with roms brought by awesome devs. Too many to list them all.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    the root is now possible by using a hack: 1st flash the retail china boot, root, flash back the Retail Hong Kong boot

@echo off
    cls
    adb reboot bootloader
    moto-fastboot flash boot boot_china.img
    moto-fastboot reboot
    adb kill-server
    adb wait-for-device
    adb shell mv /data/local/12m/batch /data/local/12m/batch.bak
    adb shell ln -s /data /data/local/12m/batch
    adb reboot
    adb wait-for-device
    adb.exe shell rm /data/local.prop
    adb.exe shell "echo \"ro.kernel.qemu=1\" > /data/local.prop"
    adb.exe reboot
    adb.exe wait-for-device
    adb.exe remount
    adb.exe push su /system/bin/su
    adb.exe shell chmod 04755 /system/bin/su
    adb.exe push Superuser.apk /system/app
    adb.exe shell chmod 0666 /system/app/Superuser.apk
    adb.exe push RE.apk /system/app
    adb.exe shell chmod 0666 /system/app/RE.apk
    adb.exe shell "echo \"ro.kernel.qemu=0\" > /data/local.prop"
    adb.exe shell rm /data/local.prop
    adb.exe shell rm /data/local/12m/batch
    adb.exe shell mv /data/local/12m/batch.bak /data/local/12m/batch
    adb reboot bootloader
    moto-fastboot flash boot boot.img
    moto-fastboot reboot
    echo ROOTED
    PAUSE
    #echo on

download files from dropbox.com/s/ff3jjxt6vf3faj0/4.0.4HKTW_Root.7z

Please not that I've found the info on a chinese site, but i can't find for the moment the reference for it in my bookmarks. Similar info can be found bbs.angeeks.com/thread-2387514-1-1.html
    Good morning , this is my first post on xda. I recently bought an atrix 2, and been reading the most i could. However im still unsure on how to get the things done. I post in this thread cause it think i might have the Honk kong firmware, but i want to know how do i check that?. The phone is a ME865 model and came with 2.3.6 GB, and i did an update to this system version, 55.91.109.ME865.Retail.en.05 succefull. Now i get another OTA that i suspect is ICS which is 67.220.3.en.05. I have not done any modifications or installed any recovery yet.

So my first question is,am i in HKTW firmware? if yes, should i use the OTA ICS upgrade?.

If positive, then when im on ICS what rom should i flash, i know its the retail china rom but can i use the one form here? http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1934874 and then after rooting , should i use the HTKTW rom from the link, to go back?

From there i would like to know if i can use the BMM recovery. And if i can do any type of backup with it before or after some point in case of any trouble. I know theres a method called FXZ , but i dont know to what rom i should fxz back in this particular case. After the ICS update can i fxz back to GB , or theres no need and i could fxz back to a clean ICS HKTW rom?

Finally. iwould like to try 4.2.2 roms, like Mokee. What steps do you recomend me to follow from my current version 2.3.6 GB. Sorry if my grammar isnt good, ill try to explain again if needed. Thanks in Advance.

mmmm... I don't see the HKTW on the System Version, so I think you have the Chinese Version. Anyway You should try OTA Upgrade if you want ICS. If you use OTA Update or FXZ files then It's not possible go back to GB. But in my expirience ICS is much better and smooth than GB.

If your upgrade is the Hong Kong Version... and You dont want that version always You could try another ICS Firmware (MB or ME) from the link you posted above. But again in my experience the ME Firmware are much more smooth than MB Firmware.

To flash firmwares... You need 3 things:

The firmware (ICS 4.0.4): http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1934874
    RSD Lite: http://fwteam.grupoandroid.com/OTAs/RSDLite6.1.5.zip
    and Drivers: https://motorola-global-portal.custhelp.com/app/answers/prod_detail/a_id/78863/p/30,6720,8109

Later of download the firmware and install RSD Lite and drivers What you need to do is:
    1. Connect the phone to PC
    2. Turn off the phone and then press the volumen +, volumen - and power button, the three at the same time.
    3. Then, you select AP Fastboot.
    4. Open RSD Lite and click the three points (...) and select the firmware downloaded
    5. Click Decompress only wait and...
    6. Click Start button and wait...

Obviously in the proccess do not disconnect the phone. And you need 60-70% of battery at least.
    It takes about 10 minutes aprox and the first boot takes another 10 minutes. All you need to do is wait until your phone ask you to SELECT A LANGUAGE.

This video can help you. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=prToF5JXqSA
    the difference is that you must select your firmware downloaded.

On the other hand... If you want to try ROMs based on JB 4.2.2... It's necessary upgrade to ICS.
    I dont test Mokee ROM, but usually Its necessary to install ClockWorkMod Recovery (a.k.a. CWM Recovery)... and for that You should install Atrix2Bootstrap app ( 1st Attached, Unknown sources must be enable), then:

1. Open the app, XD
    2. Click Bootstrap Recovery Button to install the Recovery (You must be root for this, so if you are not... You can read this thread (if you don't have the Hong Kong Version), download the files and execute the bat file for root your phone.
    3. Click Reboot Recovery Button and wait... and that's all. XD

For flashing ROM, First...
    4. Select Wipe cache partition and Yes. Then
    5. Select install zip from sdcard,
    6. Then... Choose zip from sdcard (The Mokee ROM should be on the sdcard) and Yes
    7. Finally Reboot System Now.

I hope this can help you.
    I'm a newb here so excuse the stupidity.
    When i dl the file from the link you provided do i just run ROOT (the batch file) or do i need to do something else first.
    I tried other rooting methods for my me865 but they didn't work.
    Any help would be much appreciated.

No stupidity exist in a genuine problem you need help with. :) As for your question, yes it's basically to run the root batch file as long as you enable Unknown sources and USB debugging. If you've already tried all of this and still no go then I'm not sure. One thing when I'm always re-rooting is that when my phone is rebooting, I sometimes unplug and reinsert the USB so that it completes successfully. Keep trying and I recommend the newer one-click root files. :thumbup::D

Sent from the Ace's MB865 using xda-developers app
    Well that was easy, the phone is now rooted.
    Many thanks to both Ace and h1ms3lf ! :good:
    Thanks a lot you cleared some important questions i had. So now i successfully upgraded via OTA to ICS 4.0.4 to 6.7.2_GC-220-EDS-3. That means im on HKTW rom right?. From this point on, how should i root this phone? Do i first flash with RSD Lite the fastboot-p3_edison-edison-user-4.0.4-6.7.2_GC-180-EDS-20-31-release-keys-ChinaRetail-CN_chn.tar, then i use the root(still dont know how) and then flash back the fastboot-p3_edison-edison-user-4.0.4-6.7.2_GC-220-EDS-3-65-release-keys-Retail-05_hktwn.tar with RSD lite?.

Also should i wipe any data or cache before flashing with RSD lite?. Can i install the BMM recovery ( needed for most 4.2.2 roms) before doing the rooting process and make some sort of backup just to be safe?. Thanks in advance

Hi!, If you have an image same as first attached file (specially the HKTW between the red lines) then Yes, You have the Hong Kong/Taiwan version XD.
    Now, RSD Lite is a tool for flashing Factory ROMs also known as Stock ROMs, XD. The Stock ROM don't have root access. Everytime you flash Stock ROM with RSD Lite... you loose the root access if you already have it.

On the other hand, I understand you want to have root access, then as you have the HK/TW version, you need an "special" method for gain root access (download it from here). First of all, You need to install the drivers and connect the phone to PC. Then follow the steps:

1. The Connection to PC must be MTP mode (it's the default connection I think, but just in case you read this)
    2. Open settings on your phone and tap on developer options
    3. Check/Enable "USB Debugging"
    4. Go back to settings and tap on security
    5. Check/Enable "Unknown Sources"
    6. Unzip the file on your desktop
    7. Execute ROOT.bat and wait... (The phone will reboot several times... so don't freak out, lol)

If the method works well, you should see an image like 2nd attached file, and you should have installed an app named Superuser.

That's it!. Congrats you have root access and don't forget the words from uncle Ben: With great power comes great responsibility :)

PD: You can install any custom Recovery you want, Honestly...I never do Backup (I like clean installs) and only tested CWM Recovery (require root access) and Stock Recovery... That's all I needed, but you are a free man! so test all you want, but be careful in the process. Read the post several times. Always remenber the words from uncle Ben, always. LoL.