[New][5-Jan[RECOVERY][CWM 6.0.4.4][Carliv Touch Recovery][V2]Micromax A116 Canvas HD

Search This thread

suhas.holla

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Mar 25, 2011
Bangalore
OnePlus 5T
OnePlus 6T
Dont post offtopic ..this thread is for recovery ..keep it clean ..questions should be related to cwm recovery only ...if i see anyone posting off topic questions or queries soon it will be brought into notice of forum moderators
BTW their is a general all things thread by thunderising for our Micromax a116 ..
U can post their

Sent from my Micromax A116 using Tapatalk 2

sendhiloo7

Sep 28, 2008
Chennai
OnePlus 9 Pro
Dont post offtopic ..this thread is for recovery ..keep it clean ..questions should be related to cwm recovery only ...if i see anyone posting off topic questions or queries soon it will be brought into notice of forum moderators
BTW their is a general all things thread by thunderising for our Micromax a116 ..
U can post their

Sent from my Micromax A116 using Tapatalk 2

I am totally agree with you.. Sorry about posting off topic.
But I can't find any forum for us

Sent from my Micromax A116 using xda app-developers app

ePandit

Feb 28, 2010
epandit.net
via ROM Manager?

Sorry for my novice question but is not it available to install in A116 via ROM Manager app?

Last edited:

suhas.holla

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Mar 25, 2011
Bangalore
OnePlus 5T
OnePlus 6T
Sorry for my novice question but is not it available to install in A116 via ROM Manager app?

ROM manager supports cwm for their official devices only . our canvas HD is not listed so u need to install this cwm based recovery through sp flash tool or mobile uncle tool

Sent from my Lenovo S920 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Reactions: ePandit

hemantv

May 27, 2012
Mumbai
Will there be any problem if I flash through Mobile Uncle Tools? My PC isn't working properly so I don't want to flash using SP Flash Tool. :confused:

Last edited:

hemantv

May 27, 2012
Mumbai
Thanks for the quick reply! I'll give it a try and post the results here. :)

EDIT: So I successfully installed CWM Recovery on my Canvas HD. And I wanted to know, do I need to follow the same procedure if I want to flash Stock Recovery?

Also, after flashing I booted into recovery mode and tried to make a backup. It drained about 35% of charge (49%-14%) and till I plugged my device to the charger I was getting an error that 'System UI has stopped working'.

Now it's going fine but I'm still wondering what was the problem?! :what:

Last edited:

ePandit

Feb 28, 2010
epandit.net
Thanks for the quick reply! I'll give it a try and post the results here. :)

EDIT: So I successfully installed CWM Recovery on my Canvas HD. And I wanted to know, do I need to follow the same procedure if I want to flash Stock Recovery?

I just did the same. Flashed CWM via Mobile Uncle tools and then again flashed stock recovery. Everything works perfectly.

Just keep in mind if ever you had to unroot the phone for warranty purpose, first restore stock recovery then unroot.

vermajai93

Jun 17, 2013
New Delhi
OnePlus 7
I find this sp flash tool method very complicated.. when I tried to root it with this tool I never got success.. So I used motochopper tool to root my device but now I want to install CWM recovery and would like to know If I use mobile uncle app to install the recovery can I uninstall the app after that? and how do I enter recovery mode after I have successfully installed the CWM because I want to install cerberus and I'm not really sure how do I do it.. Also, I'm not very familiar with these things :confused:

ePandit

Feb 28, 2010
epandit.net
Mobileuncle Tools rocks

I find this sp flash tool method very complicated.. when I tried to root it with this tool I never got success.. So I used motochopper tool to root my device but now I want to install CWM recovery and would like to know If I use mobile uncle app to install the recovery can I uninstall the app after that? and how do I enter recovery mode after I have successfully installed the CWM because I want to install cerberus and I'm not really sure how do I do it.. Also, I'm not very familiar with these things :confused:

Flashing CWM using Mobileuncle Tools is very easy. Just place recovery.img file in root of sd card and start Mobileuncle Tools, go to Update Recovery and select the suitable recovery file. The device will restart after confirmation message.

After flashing CWM you can uninstall Mobileuncle Tools. If ever you wish to re-flash stock recovery (for warranty purpose), install Mobileuncle Tools again and repeat the above process with stock recovery file.

To boot into recovery power-off your phone and press Volume Up+Volume Down and Power button simultaneously. You can also reboot to recovery using Mobileuncle Tools' option 'Into Recovery Mode'.

Press Thanks if I helped you.

Last edited:

vermajai93

Jun 17, 2013
New Delhi
OnePlus 7
Flashing CWM using Mobileuncle Tools is very easy. Just place recovery.img file in root of sd card and start Mobileuncle Tools, go to Update Recovery and select the suitable recovery file. The device will restart after confirmation message.

After flashing CWM you can uninstall Mobileuncle Tools. If every you wish to re-flash stock recovery (for warranty purpose), install Mobileuncle Tools again and repeat the above process with stock recovery file.

To boot into recovery power-off your phone and press Volume Up+Volume Down and Power button simultaneously. You can also reboot to recovery using Mobileuncle Tools' option 'Into Recovery Mode'.

Press Thanks if I helped you.

Thanks you very much for replying.. I have another (very naive) question/doubt I have downloaded mobile uncle app now.. when I opened it it asked •for root permissions but I have denied it for now ( a little nervous) :p
• I went into recovery update and
• I saw this!! :eek: :confused:
which one do I select?? I reckon I have to select the first one but don't wanna screw up something.. :fingers-crossed:

Here's the screenies...

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B9HdJVRKClFMXzUzcllaNWtfQVU/edit?usp=sharing
https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B9HdJVRKClFMYlBQcWtSc19IMW8/edit?usp=sharing
https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B9HdJVRKClFMNU4zX3pKQ19DUFk/edit?usp=sharing

dreamyworld

Aug 1, 2011
Thanks you very much for replying.. I have another (very naive) question/doubt I have downloaded mobile uncle app now.. when I opened it it asked •for root permissions but I have denied it for now ( a little nervous) :p
which one do I select?? I reckon I have to select the first one but don't wanna screw up something.. :fingers-crossed:

Here's the screenies...

You can choose the recovery file from SD card and before that you need to grant the super user permission to Mobile Uncle Tools.

I have followed the same process and installed recoveries.

-- I am not responsible if some thing goes wrong with your device, flash at your own risk.

vikas1038

Mar 19, 2012
new delhi

Here's the screenies...

You have to rename recovery in your dd card to "recovery.zip"

Sent from my A116 using xda app-developers app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    CWM Recovery 6.0.4.4 for Micromax A116 Canvas HD

Requirements:
    1.Root and MOBILE UNCLE TOOLS APP(if u want to flash through Mobile)
    2.Sp Flash Tool(If u want to flash it From PC)

Downloads:

Download :New Carliv Touch Recovery CTR V2 Basd on CWM 6.0.4.4

Download: Latest Unofficial CWM Recovery 6.0.4.4 for Micromax A116

Old Downloads:

Download: Sp Flash Tools For Mediatek phones

Sources : http://yadi.sk/d/fmIOi_ee6ADpi
    Modded CWM Source By Carliv

ScreenShots :
    CTR-2-alpha-1.png

attachment.php

Instructions for flashing in your phone:
    1.Download the recovery and Put it in root of your SDCARD
    2.Open Mobile uncle tools and select Recovery Update
    3.Flash recovery file
    4.Done

Instructions For getting Aroma File manager in CTR
    1.Download the flashable zip from here
    2.Extract to root of your SD card
    3.Next boot into recovery goto Carliv option and Choose Aroma File manager

Instructions for flashing using SP Flash Tools:
    1. Install drivers for your phone using Micromax drivers.
    2. Extract the Stock ROM folder and replace recovery.img with cwm recovery.
    3. Extract and open the SP Flash Tools.
    4. In SP Flash Tools, click on Scatter-Loading and the program will ask you the location of the scatter loading file for your device select mt6589 scatter file.txt
    5.Check only recovery.img, preloader and uncheck all others.
    6. Switch off your phone (Remove the battery to make sure it is switched off).
    7. In Flash Tool, go to Options and Click USB Mode so that it is enabled. Click options again and then go to DA Download All > Speed and finally select High Speed.
    8. Click the Download option (present on the right of Firmware
    > Upgrade option) and the flash tool will start looking for your phone.
    9. Connect your phone now. The Flash Tool will start the flashing process, the progress of which can be viewed from a yellow progress bar at the bottom of the flash tool.
    Warning 1 - Don't interrupt this process as it can potentially brick your device.
    Warning 2 - Make sure no power interruption takes place. (Use a laptop to ensure this).

10. After the process completes, a green ring will appear on your device signalling that the process was successful.
    11.Disconnect your phone.

Disclaimer: By Downloading and flashing the Recovery may void your Warranty ..Ill not be Responsible For any harm .Do it on your own Risk

Credits:

@michfood For his Repacking Tools
    @yuweng For his Mtk Tools and help
    @carliv For his CTR Recovery
    @koushik Dutta for his amazing ClockWorkMod recovery
    @amarullz - For AROMA File Manager
    @BOND1987
    UpdateLog

Updatelog:

5-1-2014 : CTR-Carliv Touch Recovery V2 released with Full Touch Driven UI based on CWM 6.0.4.4
    28-10-2013: CWM Recovery 6.0.4.4 and CTRv1.1 based on CWM6.0.4.4 updated
    23-10-2013: Carliv Touch Recovery updated with bug fixes and key test menu removed
    09-10-2013: CWM Recovery 6.0.4.0 and CTR-Carliv Touch Recovery released
    22-05-2013: CWM Recovery 6.0.3.0 released
    Thinking of not releasing ...
    CTR recovery has been downloaded 50+ times ....but the kind of Appreciation i received one or two ...
    Many are leechers....They silently download and go away ..Same thing happened once again My CWM 6.0.3.0 has been downloaded 1900+ times:confused: ..
    but the kind of response i got is 1 percent ...Do Hit thanks if u like my work and comment if it works for u guys:(..If i get the same response from u
    guys its better to not release any rom /recovery ..may be other guys can do it for u right?
    CTR v2 Released with Full Touch Support ...Sorry if any delay
    New Touch Recovery updated on First post ...check it out Guys