[ROM][Factory Image] 4.3 - Rooted - BusyBox

Search This thread

lynnux

Jun 4, 2013
The 4.3 compatible SuperSU is already included. No need to flash anything extra unless your particular version of CWM causes an issue. I think for now TWRP is recommended for all 4.3 builds with with root.

That said, what would be the easiest way for me to replace cwm with twrp in 4.3? Goo won't do it. Arrgh. I used twrp for the last year and had just switched to cwm right before flashing 4.3 because of some funny business I experienced with twrp 2.5. I much prefer twrp.

dalingrin

Inactive Recognized Developer
Nov 6, 2007
Ok, but as i said, we had a 3.4.5 kernel with 4.2.X and now we got 3.4.39. So it is a step backwards for me. Not a big thing, but i thought it has to do with the newer toolchain, which is afaik the first time that Google is using toochains upper GCC 4.6.
Btw. with the following custom kernel we get 3.4.5 kernels back. Maybe with android 5 3.8 kernels, which has a better implementation of the exynos SoCs. Ive mean ive read something like this.

I think you're confusing the version numbers. 3.4.39 > 3.4.5

AFAIK, all production Exynos 5 devices are running kernel 3.4.x. Samsung may have a development branch on 3.8.x but I haven't checked in a quite a while.
I do think kernel 3.8 will be the standard for Android 5.0 this fall so there's a chance the Nexus 10 would get it as well.

Last edited:

Heshamezz

Sep 5, 2011
Tanta
www.facebook.com
Hi,
thnx 4 ur effort, 4.3 seems better and snappier than 4.2.2 but I have an issue that every 2-3 hrs of use it becomes laggy and unresponsive till I shut down and restart it becomes perfect again this happened twice the 1st day after I flashed this ROM via twrp -and root is ok- ( dirty flash on buttered-manta AOKP )....is it a common bug or I should factory reset, what do u suggest?

abdel12345

Dec 25, 2012
Hi,
thnx 4 ur effort, 4.3 seems better and snappier than 4.2.2 but I have an issue that every 2-3 hrs of use it becomes laggy and unresponsive till I shut down and restart it becomes perfect again this happened twice the 1st day after I flashed this ROM via twrp -and root is ok- ( dirty flash on buttered-manta AOKP )....is it a common bug or I should factory reset, what do u suggest?

I think it's because you dirty flashed. It's best to do a clean install according to most people. Just make a backup and try a clean install to see if it fixes it

Sent from my Xperia Play (r800x)

hanspampel

Dec 7, 2011
I had the same. After some times it begins top lag. Wiped full a lot of times. For me it runs not so smooth as SaberMod. The lag came from termal throttling or from surfacelinger leak. Dont know.
@dalingrin

Missunderstand i something? 3.4.5{0?) is higher as 3.4.39. I thought it is .50 not .05 at the end of the kernel. When the 2nd is right, i was wrong.:eek:

dalingrin

Inactive Recognized Developer
Nov 6, 2007
I had the same. After some times it begins top lag. Wiped full a lot of times. For me it runs not so smooth as SaberMod. The lag came from termal throttling or from surfacelinger leak. Dont know.

@dalingrin

Missunderstand i something? 3.4.5{0?) is higher as 3.4.39. I thought it is .50 not .05 at the end of the kernel. When the 2nd is right, i was wrong.:eek:

The kernel version is not a decimal number. The latest stable kernel is 3.10 which is newer/greater than kernel 3.9.

Hi,

It could potentially be the SuperSU bug with 4.3 that causes 100% CPU usage.
The bug should be fixed now with the new SuperSU from here: http://download.chainfire.eu/342/SuperSU/UPDATE-SuperSU-v1.43.zip

I am uploading new zips for the OP now.

case-sensitive

Nov 4, 2010
titanium problem

I was on stock ROM, rooted and unlocked. I used TWRP to wipe cache/dalvik cache and then flash OP's rooted image. It worked and N10 stayed rooted; I manually rebooted N10 a couple of times and it worked fine. But then when I used titanium to do a batch backup (of newer apps/data) I got the error message:

"batch backup interrupted: Insufficient free storage space"

I got 14G of free space and apps/cache together add up to just over 1G, so I'm puzzled (I also did a batch backup shortly before flashing 4.3 and it worked). I then went back to TWRP and flashed chainfire's 1.43 superSU, and it failed.

I do know that I still have root: adaway/LBE security/afwall still work.

Any suggestions? Thanks!

s1m4an

Apr 26, 2010
Skopje
I was on stock ROM, rooted and unlocked. I used TWRP to wipe cache/dalvik cache and then flash OP's rooted image. It worked and N10 stayed rooted; I manually rebooted N10 a couple of times and it worked fine. But then when I used titanium to do a batch backup (of newer apps/data) I got the error message:

"batch backup interrupted: Insufficient free storage space"

I got 14G of free space and apps/cache together add up to just over 1G, so I'm puzzled (I also did a batch backup shortly before flashing 4.3 and it worked). I then went back to TWRP and flashed chainfire's 1.43 superSU, and it failed.

I do know that I still have root: adaway/LBE security/afwall still work.

Any suggestions? Thanks!

It seems that Titanium Backup needs an update, for now you can try changing the backup folder to /storage/emulated/legacy/TitaniumBackup that might solve your issue.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

wfm_de

Mar 31, 2011
Stein
Problem with AVI and FLV and MKV

Has anyone the same problem ?
I can hear the sound, but see no picture with vplayer, mxplayer and others.
On MKV: With vplayer I hear the sound, but no picture, with Google video player I hear no sound, but can see the picture.

I am coming from rooted Stock 4.2.2 and have flashed with TWRP.

Any solution ?

Last edited:

PaintDrinkingPete

May 9, 2011
Hi,

could it possibly be this?

http://www.androidpolice.com/2013/0...persu-update-to-v1-43-to-fix-the-100-cpu-bug/

I hadn't noticed a problem with mine, but flashed the upgraded SuperSU last night just to be safe.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk HD

darkuni

Sep 12, 2010
Using Google Play Movies & TV I have both picture and sound.

Problem with AVI and FLV and MKV

Has anyone the same problem ?
I can hear the sound, but see no picture with vplayer, mxplayer and others.
On MKV: With vplayer I hear the sound, but no picture, with Google video player I hear no sound, but can see the picture.

I am coming from rooted Stock 4.2.2 and have flashed with TWRP.

Any solution ?

sttovo

Sep 17, 2012
Cincinnati
Using Google Play Movies & TV I have both picture and sound.

MX player doesn't work for me at all on 4.3. I had to install BS player.

There is a test build for MX player out, but folks are getting mixed results.

So I think for now, you'll need to install another player or wait for MX player to be updated.

darkuni

Sep 12, 2010
That sucks. MX Player is my GO TO app. Sigh ... everything will get sorted out soon enough.

MX player doesn't work for me at all on 4.3. I had to install BS player.

There is a test build for MX player out, but folks are getting mixed results.

So I think for now, you'll need to install another player or wait for MX player to be updated.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This is the factory image from Google made into a flashable zip with CWM or TWRP.
    Clear cache/dalvik cache but no need to clear your user data.
    Warning: CWM users have reported that the "Disable Recovery Flash" option is breaking root. Be advised to choose "No." I do not have CWM so I cannot confirm but there is no reason to disable the recovery flash because no recovery is included in the zips.

If flashing from CM10.1 or some other custom roms, you may need to clear the Clock app's data.

Downloads:

Android 4.3 odexed, rooted, BusyBox, and insecure boot:
    Mirror 1: http://tinyw.in/lnoM
    MD5: a54ae08a9c2cbedb58577a01cc05c65d

Deodexed version:
    Mirror 1: http://tinyw.in/EI3t
    MD5: 5172bd4b25c13076b7d8310dde4ac43b

New bootloader(should not be necessary):
    Mirror 1: http://tinyw.in/rspG
    Mirror 2: http://d-h.st/VYv
    MD5: 9324a66fbe97f7aabfcfa9a0059f3f1a
    Flash bootloader with: "fastboot flash bootloader bootloader-manta-mantamd03.img"

Changelog:

07/24/13: Initial version
    07/26/13: Updated zips with SuperSU 1.43 that fixes a CPU usage bug
    Hi,

Another question: "insecure boot" is the same as "unlocked bootloader"?

Insecure boot and unlocked bootloader do not refer to the same thing.

Insecure boot refers to the fact that a elevated permission root shell and root access is available by default for example for an insecure boot image when you start adb shell you will automatically see a root shell prompt of (You will also have acess to the ADB re-mount command which re-mounts the system r/w):

Code:
    #

Where as on a secure boot image when you start adb shell you will automatically see a regular shell (And you will not have acess to the ADB re-mount command):

Code:
    $

On a secure boot image you gain root access by rooting the device (Installing the su binary and some form of a Superuser app) and then you can obtain a root shell by either typing the following in either terminal or adb shell:

Code:
    $ su

Which results in the familiar elevated privilege root shell:

Code:
    #

An unlocked bootloader refers to the fact that you can modify any partition on the device without having to flash an officially signed firmware image. Let me know if you still have questions hopefully this clears things up for you :).
    i stil cant restore titanium backups

In TiBu change the location of your backup directory->
    menu/go to preferences/backup settings/backup folder location
    its going to say /storage/emulated/0/TitaniumBackup
    hit back arrow at bottom until it reads just /storage/emulated
    select legacy/TitaniumBackup
    Deodexed version up.

I am now on Jaybobs Paranoid Android and want to flash. Should I wipe completely(or system and caches) then fastboot new bootloader prior to the new rom itself?

You should be able to install without any wipe. Some people like to clear the cache and dalvik cache but even that shouldn't be necessary.

If you get an app or two that force closes after boot then you will just need to clear that app's data in Settings->Apps

@dalingrin

The kernel version is not a decimal number. The latest stable kernel is 3.10 which is newer/greater than kernel 3.9.

Hi,

It could potentially be the SuperSU bug with 4.3 that causes 100% CPU usage.
    The bug should be fixed now with the new SuperSU from here: http://download.chainfire.eu/342/SuperSU/UPDATE-SuperSU-v1.43.zip

I am uploading new zips for the OP now.