Looking for S4 Mini third party extended batteries.

Search This thread

Flatric

Aug 31, 2013
Since a battery case in my kitchen exploded I won't use them anymore. Had anybody the same problem?

Avanox

Oct 1, 2012
About extended battery s4 mini

well I came on this topic by seaching for heavyer battery for my galaxy S4 mini.

I came on the link in this topic, I was wondering would this be a great battery or a loss of money?
(link)
batteryupgrade.gr/shopBrowser.php?shopGroupId=16167761#/assortmentProductId/88628039/shopGroupId/19772600

A friend of mine adviced me "zerolemon" but I readed also disadvantages of it that it frequently shut downs the phone, and then you start it
and would have again 50 of 60% after starting it up again. Weird thing.
(link)
zerolemon.com/product/zerolemon-samsung-galaxy-s4-mini-5100mah-extended-battery-black-extended-tpu-protection-case-copy

Well I did found a third battery too that seems to be intresting but not sure about it too.
There is not much to find about it but in the ebay reviews I don't see negative reactions:
(link)
mbuynow.com/6500mah-large-capacity-samsung-galaxy-s4-mini-i9190-extended-battery-black-case-p-820.html

What battery would you guys advice me ??

Is it safe to use one of these 3 batteries?

Or would you guys just advice me to buy an extra battery with normal mah capacity as extra?

Greetings Avanox

junkyde

May 26, 2011
A friend of mine adviced me "zerolemon" but I readed also disadvantages of it that it frequently shut downs the phone, and then you start it
and would have again 50 of 60% after starting it up again. Weird thing.

You will face this problem with every battery bigger than 1900mah, because the phone thinks that after consuming 1900mah the battery is empty. So you will always have to restart your phone after 1900mah are consumed.

I heard good things about Mugen batteries: http://mugen.co/mugen-power-4000mah...ng-galaxy-s4-mini-duos-with-battery-door.html

but they are also expensive.

Avanox

Oct 1, 2012
You will face this problem with every battery bigger than 1900mah, because the phone thinks that after consuming 1900mah the battery is empty. So you will always have to restart your phone after 1900mah are consumed.

I heard good things about Mugen batteries: http://mugen.co/mugen-power-4000mah...ng-galaxy-s4-mini-duos-with-battery-door.html

but they are also expensive.

Yeah I've seen ethey are very expensive the mugen battery's.

Any idea about "zero lemon"? A friend of mine has "zerolemon" and is very satisfied about it.

Greetings

Waltee

Jul 9, 2014
I have an Mbuynow battery that came with an extended back case for the phone for about £10. Works great and easily triples the life of my battery. Think it's 6500 but I could be wrong, can't quite remember. That being said, the phone does need to be restarted twice (once each time it dies) to fully empty.

Nyt_Wolf

Nov 10, 2013
Cape Town
I have an Mbuynow battery that came with an extended back case for the phone for about £10. Works great and easily triples the life of my battery. Think it's 6500 but I could be wrong, can't quite remember. That being said, the phone does need to be restarted twice (once each time it dies) to fully empty.

Hey man.

I'm heading back to university in a few weeks and can's stand my mini's horrible battery life :p
Currently deciding between the zerolemon and mbuynow. It's been a few months and wanted to know what your experience is like at the moment with your 6500 mbuynow battery?

Reason I ask is of the price, which I'm a little skeptical about although £10 is a bargain and if the quality is fine may as well get it ;) (and avoid paying over 40$ once a zerolemon get's to my location)

Thanks!

Waltee

Jul 9, 2014
Hey man.

I'm heading back to university in a few weeks and can's stand my mini's horrible battery life :p
Currently deciding between the zerolemon and mbuynow. It's been a few months and wanted to know what your experience is like at the moment with your 6500 mbuynow battery?

Reason I ask is of the price, which I'm a little skeptical about although £10 is a bargain and if the quality is fine may as well get it ;) (and avoid paying over 40$ once a zerolemon get's to my location)

Thanks!
For £10 you can't go wrong, even after all this time with it. I'm not completely convinced that it is 6500 as it says it is but my old S4 battery would literally last maybe 4 hours of heavy use (it had been dropped in the loo, might have something to do with how atrociously poor the battery life was), this, however, still to this day easily gets me through the day with heavy usage with a fair amount to spare. Unfortunately I feel that the build quality of the bigger back pack isn't all that great though and seems a bit brittle, as mine has now cracked after a few hard drops and won't stay on all the time, so will need a replacement, but still, for £10 I'm really not complaining at all.

Reactions: Nyt_Wolf

Nyt_Wolf

Nov 10, 2013
Cape Town
For £10 you can't go wrong, even after all this time with it. I'm not completely convinced that it is 6500 as it says it is but my old S4 battery would literally last maybe 4 hours of heavy use (it had been dropped in the loo, might have something to do with how atrociously poor the battery life was), this, however, still to this day easily gets me through the day with heavy usage with a fair amount to spare. Unfortunately I feel that the build quality of the bigger back pack isn't all that great though and seems a bit brittle, as mine has now cracked after a few hard drops and won't stay on all the time, so will need a replacement, but still, for £10 I'm really not complaining at all.

Hey,

Thanks for your reply, I appreciate it a lot! I agree that as far as value goes the mbuynow battery is worth it,but also as you mentioned build quality is an issue. I've looked at demos online of the TPU cases provided with Zerolemon and seeing that I'll be out for most of the day between classes, the chances of a bad 'accident' is all too likely. Plus their warranty period is pretty good. Because of this I might opt for the zerolemon but I will inform anyone interested of my experience with it if I do get it :good:

thanks again @Waltee

RazCrimson

Apr 1, 2015
Better to use original battery if u want NFC otherwise it is not needed. Many websites have launched new third party batteries for S4 mini if u want to buy it.

kyrillos13

Inactive Recognized Developer
Sep 26, 2010
Athens

leo2000XD

May 23, 2015
Hi

I would be very interested to know of any third-party extended batteries for the S4 mini and people's experiences of the same. I am looking to upgrade from my S2, but am waiting until there are bigger batteries available for the S4 Mini. As yet I have not seen any such batteries on ebay or the web in general.

Regards
Midgeslayer

Don't use extended batteries, for my opinion they make phones ugly

odrslump

Jul 9, 2015
Don't use extended batteries, for my opinion they make phones ugly

Agree! Let's buy a S4 Mini and make it S4 Fat!

---------- Post added at 10:38 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:33 AM ----------

What about to edit ROM or system files to configure a bigger battery? or maybe just delete battery stats file can work.

twizar

Sep 26, 2015
I bought a Zerolemon 5100mAh battery and from 3 hours of screen on time with the original battery, I get now 8 hours and 2 to 3 days of heavy use, instead of 1 day.
In my case even the battery meter is fairly accurate and when it gets to 0% it actually is empty.
Yes, it does make my phone bigger and heavier, but the original battery was a joke, like in most modern smartphones. I prefer having a brick in my hand instead of a dead slim phone.
If you want more informations about it, I made a youtube video: "Zerolemon 5100mAh Extended Battery for Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini - unboxing and first impressions"
Feel free to ask anything about it in the video comments section.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    New battery is in. Result after first full charge...13hrs and 55% left

Sent from my GT-I9192 using xda app-developers app
    Hi

I would be very interested to know of any third-party extended batteries for the S4 mini and people's experiences of the same. I am looking to upgrade from my S2, but am waiting until there are bigger batteries available for the S4 Mini. As yet I have not seen any such batteries on ebay or the web in general.

Regards
    Midgeslayer
    Looks like the first replacement batteries are showing up for our S4 mini. 2500mAh does not sound bad.

But does anybody know how the battery is important for NFC to work properly? There must be a reason for Samsung to write "Near Field Communication" on the original battery.

Edit:
    Hm, seems like the antenna for NFC is located inside the battery. So no NFC with 3rd party replacements that do not integrate an NFC antenna.
    Hey man.

Thanks!
    I have bought 2 with wall charger. and write review that it was working as my 2 year batteries, than they sent me new 2 batteries with charger to change my review. so now I have 4 batteres with 2 charger and I'm using 1 battery 1 day and so on, after 1 year all batteries are inflated but still are working 3-4 hours screen on time. original batteries never inflated even after 3 years use.

You should stop using them right now they are damaged and a fire & safety hazard!