[KERNEL] - "Sneaky" - HA P6 Custom Kernel - Beta1 - [Jan 22]

Search This thread

jimbo77

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Nov 2, 2010
Guatemala
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra
Can u add DT2W/S2W feature to your kernel? If u can i will be sooo happy.

Both features are battery intense. When I was using a Galaxy S3 developers added that feature but only for a limited amount of time, let's say 10 minutes top. Since as explained in other threads, the CPU needs to be awake to allow such activity and our P6 Quadcore is not optimized for that matter (Is not like the big.LITLE tecnology found in newer chips where the CPU scales down to less power demanding cores).

I'll see if I can somehow "port" that feature to our phone, no promises tough. I'm a little busy right now at work and college, add to that a little princess of 2 years old, a lovely wife and boom almost no time to play around with the kernel hehehe

Reactions: DrRammel

OFFlee

Jul 28, 2011
Both features are battery intense. When I was using a Galaxy S3 developers added that feature but only for a limited amount of time, let's say 10 minutes top. Since as explained in other threads, the CPU needs to be awake to allow such activity and our P6 Quadcore is not optimized for that matter (Is not like the big.LITLE tecnology found in newer chips where the CPU scales down to less power demanding cores).

I'll see if I can somehow "port" that feature to our phone, no promises tough. I'm a little busy right now at work and college, add to that a little princess of 2 years old, a lovely wife and boom almost no time to play around with the kernel hehehe

Hehe :) Kiss the little princess for us :) i ill keep follow this topic :) Btw how much it will consume from battery if u can it ?

taaeem

Feb 22, 2014
Hamburg
@jimbo77 Can you work on this? To make it more stable or add some features? Or are you working on another device now?

Gesendet von meinem P6-U06

taaeem

Feb 22, 2014
Hamburg
hi
i have question
what is kernel ?
what is boot.img ?
i have kk installed .is this necessary 4 me to install ?

hello
what is kernel ?
i have installede aosp 4.4.4 from tksla
can i flash this with twrp ?
is it necessary ?
A kernel is the part of the software that translate the code for the hardware. A kernel is in a boot.img so it's the same thing.
This kernel is for android 4.2.2 and not for 4.4.4, you can try but make a backup before flashing because it will most likely not work so only do that when you know what you are doing.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    -------------------------------------------------------
    -Sneaky Kernel-

Search before asking
    What is zRam? Look here Link and here Link
    -This kernel is only for Unlocked STOCK FW (Might work with MIUI, didn't test)-
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Code:
    [U]Sneaky-RC1[/U]

* Linux kernel base updated from 3.0.8 to [B]3.0.101[/B]
    * Wifi Modules re compiled to match the current version
    * Small fixes to Dynamic FSYNC
    * Reduced Android Logger RAM Usage
    * Kernel Compiled with SLQB Allocator instead of SLUB
    * Added SYSF entry to make Gentle Fair Sleepers toogable - /sys/kernel/sched/gentle_fair_sleepers (insert a 0)
    * Updated and added VR IO Scheduler
    * Frandom Support added to Kernel so You can use [B]CrossBreeder app[/B] [URL="http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?
    * ZRAM Enabled - If you want to enable and use it flash the attached zip file
    * VM Cache Pressure - Reduced from 100 to 25
    * Enabled more I/O Schedulers
    * USB OTG Support - Untested
    * Dynamic FSync Enabled by default - Can be disabled with Trickster mod.

[U]Governors:[/U] [URL="http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1369817"]Link[/URL] and [URL="http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2005306"]Link[/URL]
    K3hotplug (Default)
    interactive
    ondemand
    performance
    Zzmoove 0.7 [URL="http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=40405578&postcount=603"]Info Link[/URL] - Need some more tunning, currently unstable.

[U]I/O Schedulers:[/U] [URL="http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1369817"]Link[/URL]
    Noop
    ROW (Default)
    CFQ
    Deadline
    Zen
    Sio
    Sio Plus
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Known Issues:
    Post #3
    Download section:
    Post #2
    How to flash:
    CWM file in a custom recovery
    How to tweak:
    Use any CPU control app to change I/O scheduler and Governor
    Trickster MOD Kernel Settings
    [APP]Zram & Swap Control [CACHE & PARTITION]

Credit:
    AndreiLux
    yank555.lu
    Xda
    Perka - for the Post Template
    Huawei
    Surdu_Petru
    ZaneZam
    DooMLoRD
    Linus Torvalds
    and all the devs I cherry-pick from
    Remember! You flash your Ascend P6 not me
    If you want to add Sneaky to your ROM its fine.
    Sources can be found in my Github Here

-----------------------------------------------------------------
    Downloads Enjoy!
    -----------------------------------------------------------------

Code:
    [SIZE="3"]Flashing Instructions

Recovery Package: Put Zip File in SD or External SD and flash through TWRP Recovery.

Fastboot: Open the .zip file and extract boot.img from it.

Connect the phone to the PC and:

* Open CMD and type:
    	* adb reboot bootloader
    	* fastboot flash boot boot.img
    	* fastboot reboot

For the Zram Script, upack it and move it to /system/etc/init.d
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------

If you want to support me press the thx button and buy me a beer :D
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------[/SIZE]​
    Known Issues

-This kernel is only for B118CN and B120CN FW, don't test in others without unlock bootloader-
    Code:
    [SIZE="4"][B]-Currently not working with HDS Pilot Set of Scripts [URL="http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2580436"]Link HERE[/URL] -[/B] If you want to run his set of scripts, before flashing this kernel go to /system/etc/init.d and delete the file named "50InsmodModules"[/SIZE]

[/indent][/CENTER]
    Sneaky Kernel RC1

Changelog:

Code:
    Sneaky-RC1

* Linux kernel base updated from 3.0.8 to [B]3.0.101[/B]
    * Wifi Modules re compiled to match the current version
    * Small fixes to Dynamic FSYNC
    * Reduced Android Logger RAM Usage
    * Kernel Compiled with SLQB Allocator instead of SLUB
    * Added SYSF entry to make Gentle Fair Sleepers toogable - /sys/kernel/sched/gentle_fair_sleepers (insert a 0)
    * Updated and added VR IO Scheduler
    * Frandom Support added to Kernel so You can use [B]CrossBreeder app[/B] [URL="http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2113150"]Here[/URL]

Downloads will be added to 2nd Post in a moment, once I build the zip with the Wifi Modules :)

EDIT: Sneaky_RC1 Uploaded to 2nd POST! Happy Flashing!!

EDIT2: Make a Backup in case your Wifi doesn't work after flashing the kernel...
    Link with sources added to OP...