Games in WM6.5 Fix!!!

Search This thread

aceviper2

Mar 13, 2007
Zahle
www.ottawacrime.org
Okay, so this is my first Thread; For anyone having trouble with applications such as games in WM 6.5. Basically, you start the game, and either your phone freezes up, or you only hear music, and you are forced to press the HOME button or other buttons to exit this "freez" mode... And no matter what you do, you Cannot play anything other than solitare, that cool gravity ball game, and other standard Windows Mobile 6 apps...

The solution???

Install the attached cab, and Voala! Every game you could play in WM5 and WM6.1 will work!!!

Why do you need this cab file to be able to play your games you ask???

Well, For some reason, Microsoft decided to force developers to abandon GAPI, and with the currently available WM6.5 versions, GAPI is disabled... Perhaps if the official release, they will reenable it again... but for now, this cab is your ownly option!

This is my first post, so please take it easy on me :eek:

Peace :cool:

ADDITIONAL NOTES:
- Yes I know I mispelled Ownly... First time wasn't on purpose, but this time is
- If you found this app works for you, please pose a little reply stating the conditions you encountered, so that other users can find this thread and get the fix. I looked for days, and couldn't find the solution... Its likely there are many like me!

Last edited:

|Jason8|

Aug 25, 2008
Waldo
YOU, SIR, ARE MY HERO!

Now I can go back to playing Super Mario Brothers while browsing the 'net while sitting on IRC while listening to music while talking on MSN while text messaging with my fuze!

Installing now.

Agent Blair

Jan 6, 2009
YOU, SIR, ARE MY HERO!

Now I can go back to playing Super Mario Brothers while browsing the 'net while sitting on IRC while listening to music while talking on MSN while text messaging with my fuze!

Installing now.

Yes! Just that. Thanks. Everything works. Microsoft was silly to get rid of these drivers!

Baronic

May 20, 2007
OMFG i love u. marry me. downloading 6.5 rom now to give this baby a shot.

sc00basteve

May 2, 2008
Install the attached cab, and Voala! Every game you could play in WM5 and WM6.1 will work!!!

Why do you need this cab file to be able to play your games you ask???

Well, For some reason, Microsoft decided to force developers to abandon GAPI, and with the currently available WM6.5 versions, GAPI is disabled... Perhaps if the official release, they will reenable it again... but for now, this cab is your ownly option!
Awesome! Thanks for the cab!
I didn't realize that's what that dll did! nice find!!
Is it the original GXDMA or No2Chem's updated GXDMA dll?

HueMann

Oct 12, 2008
Munka-Ljungby
Fantastic!!! Thank You very much! ;)
The funny thing though is that my old games work just fine with Da_G's 21234 kitchen. I need to have my old games working. My kids and I play them every day. Handmark Yahtzee and PDAmill GameBox Classics. Now I can try driver in the 23001 build. :D

sc00basteve

May 2, 2008
Its not No2Chem's updated GXDMA dll, have you tried to see if that one works too?
The nueGXDMA driver is built into the past few builds of my CDMA Juicy8 ROMs and most games I've tried work.

I guess it would be worth a try... can you give me an example of a game title to test that was not working on 6.5 without it.