Game Informer digital magazine issues

Search This thread

SCWells72

Feb 12, 2011
I read Game Informer digitally on my iPad 3. It's a very cool app with quite a bit of interactive material in addition to the static material from the print magazine. It's also available for "10 inch Android tablets", so I installed it onto the Nook HD+ with CM10.1 installed since the screen size is close and the resolution is better than pretty much anything short of the Nexus 10 right now.

While technically, it does *work*, that's being kind! The magazine doesn't expand to fill the entire screen, leaving significant borders on either size, and it's really flaky, often not showing the correct page when performing explicit page selection, and eventually it just FCs.

Does anyone have any experience with this (or similar) apps on the HD+? Is there a way to make them work properly, or is it just a lost cause. This one of the only apps that I use heavily on my iPad that I can't get working well on the Nook HD+ so far (the other notable one being Marvel Unlimited, but it has the same behavior as on my Galaxy S4 so I think that's an app issue, not a device issue).

Thoughts?

rushless

Jan 16, 2008
Ditto for most Android efforts for magazines. Half hearted in comparison to iPad.

Viper_Bravo

Dec 18, 2010
Fort Wayne, IN
Hey SCWells72,

Ive seen Game Informer in the Play Magazine section. GI now lets you get the issues right from Play Magazines with your digital subscription. If i remember right: go find GI in Play Magazines and in the subscriptions options you should be able to chose existing customer, or what ever its called. From there you will have to login with you GI Digital ID created when you switched from physical to digital subs. this should let you just download the new issues from Play.

Cam