Replacement Battery

Search This thread

klau1

Jan 1, 2008
Since all batteries have a consumable capacity of about 1-2 years, are there any battery replacements available?

Or does this watch really cost about $150 to wear per year?

It's relatively easy to replace the battery:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5WzGC0786U0

The battery has part number of: LSSP482230AB

Last edited:

realista87

Sep 3, 2011
marche
Redmi Note 10 Pro
ok... BUT......... where to buy the specific battery?
i cannot find one. and i think that after 6... 12 months all gear will be UNFINDABLE and the battery ......will be very hard if not impossible to find.

so, all buyers after max 2 years should change the gear

Reactions: p605sve

klau1

Jan 1, 2008
t0J0uOZ.png

eBay item number:

forshaw

Feb 4, 2012
there are cheaper ones available and there are videos on you tube to see how its installed

really easy to do ,the gear is a very easy to replace parts watch

slowserver

Dec 17, 2010
Thornhill, Ontario
Has anyone gotten any 3.7V batteries to work? There are some cheap ones for RC helicopters that are about 5 for $10. I saw there was another thread about higher capacity replacement. I'm not sure, but the last post mentions having batteries of the same voltage, so I guess that means the 3.7V batteries don't work? I can't find any inexpensive 3.8V batteries that are small enough to fit the gear.

JasW

May 14, 2013
Has anyone gotten any 3.7V batteries to work? There are some cheap ones for RC helicopters that are about 5 for $10. I saw there was another thread about higher capacity replacement. I'm not sure, but the last post mentions having batteries of the same voltage, so I guess that means the 3.7V batteries don't work? I can't find any inexpensive 3.8V batteries that are small enough to fit the gear.

The only battery I've found for the Gear is the same one from the UK linked above (here it is on the US eBay site). Including shipping, it's $40. Plus you need the right tools -- I only have a set of miniature philips head and flat head screwdrivers, and taking the Gear apart requires some kind of mini torque bit. (FYI, the flat head screws on the front of the Gear are just for show!) The set the guy in this tear down vid suggests is $30 on Amazon and $20 at Walmart.

So minimum $60 to replace the battery. Concrete examples of cheaper alternatives are welcome. My battery worked fine until a month or so ago, when I noticed it was draining at an extremely high rate -- 8% to 10% an hour. I've done everything I can think of software wise -- different versions of Gear Manager, deleting SAproviders from my phone, and finally finding out there was still a drain when the Gear wasn't even connected, then rooting and deleting some apps, flashing the TizenMod ROM, upgrading to newer FW not yet available for the US, all with no joy.

I can only guess that it's the battery now, but I'd prefer not to spend $60 on a guess.

:eek:

Last edited:

JasW

May 14, 2013
FYI, I received the battery from the UK and the repair kit from Walmart for the aforesaid 60 bucks, and it was indeed relatively easy to change out the battery. Not like swapping out the battery on the Note 4, of course, but it's less than a five minute job.

slowserver

Dec 17, 2010
Thornhill, Ontario
So I was able to find a much cheaper option. I found a $2.35 (us dollars) 3.7V battery that works. It's smaller capacity (240mAh), but seems to last reasonably long (went from 100% to 63% in a 24 hour period). I had to cut the connector from the original battery and solder it onto the top of the replacement battery. You can pull the existing connector away from the battery and cut as close to the battery as possible to leave enough of the metal to solder to the replacement battery. I posted a picture on i.imgur.com/fUZD6Re.png (can't post pictures yet) You'll also have to desolder red and black wires on the new battery before soldering on the old connector. Make sure you keep the polarity the right way around when you solder the connector to the new battery. (red wire is typically + and black is -). Here's what the new battery looks like (from the back) once the soldering is done and the connector is pushed back into place i.imgur.com/2jHv7ly.png

I kept a close eye on the watch the first time I charged it and the battery didn't get too hot to the touch. It's been a few days now and it's gone through a couple of charge cycles and seems OK. I don't have enough cred on this forum to post a link to the battery I bought, but if you do a google search for the following, it's one of the first links that comes up:
3.0 cm x 2.0 cm x 0.5 cm 240mah lion 3.7v battery

Papasmurfinator

Jun 24, 2015
Thanks for the info!

So I was able to find a much cheaper option. I found a $2.35 (us dollars) 3.7V battery that works. It's smaller capacity (240mAh), but seems to last reasonably long (went from 100% to 63% in a 24 hour period). I had to cut the connector from the original battery and solder it onto the top of the replacement battery. You can pull the existing connector away from the battery and cut as close to the battery as possible to leave enough of the metal to solder to the replacement battery. I posted a picture on i.imgur.com/fUZD6Re.png (can't post pictures yet) You'll also have to desolder red and black wires on the new battery before soldering on the old connector. Make sure you keep the polarity the right way around when you solder the connector to the new battery. (red wire is typically + and black is -). Here's what the new battery looks like (from the back) once the soldering is done and the connector is pushed back into place i.imgur.com/2jHv7ly.png

I kept a close eye on the watch the first time I charged it and the battery didn't get too hot to the touch. It's been a few days now and it's gone through a couple of charge cycles and seems OK. I don't have enough cred on this forum to post a link to the battery I bought, but if you do a google search for the following, it's one of the first links that comes up:

So, I'm going to give this a try! Do you have any updates on how the watch is holding up? Are you still able to hold a charge for at least 24 hours? Have you had any problems develop with the watch afterwards?

stevedrz

Dec 7, 2009

Great post. Ordered the battery you mentioned as well; it's actually hard to find anything decent above 240mah it seems. I've had my galaxy gear (gear1) now for over 18 months, use it every day and have probably run through more than 300 charge cycles... The battery is definitely not holding the same charge as it did; can't get a full day of use anymore.

slowserver

Dec 17, 2010
Thornhill, Ontario
So, I'm going to give this a try! Do you have any updates on how the watch is holding up? Are you still able to hold a charge for at least 24 hours? Have you had any problems develop with the watch afterwards?

Sorry, haven't been checking these forums regularly. Yes, the replacement battery is still holding up well and hasn't degraded noticeably. If you're comfortable with a soldering iron, then go for it.

ttlog

Oct 29, 2006
Thessaloniki
Xiaomi Poco X3 NFC
So I also took the plunge and ordered a 340mah from eBay for about 9€. I cut the pads from the original battery and soldered the leads of the new one on it. It was a tight fit but so far the experiment worked. I am just testing the battery, just sitting on idle and on day two the battery is at 55%. When I am sure it won't short or blow up on my hand, I 'll connect it to the smartphone and see how it goes.

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    t0J0uOZ.png

eBay item number:

ok... BUT......... where to buy the specific battery?
    i cannot find one. and i think that after 6... 12 months all gear will be UNFINDABLE and the battery ......will be very hard if not impossible to find.

so, all buyers after max 2 years should change the gear