[Q] A few questions about the Moto X

Search This thread

DJB628

Jul 4, 2010
South Florida
Just curious if anyone here on AIO Wirelss have conditional call forwarding setup on their AIOP Wireless device. I am switching from Sprint, to come to AIO, and do not want to use the AIO voicemail app

Can someone post their settings if they do know how to set it up, I have been a GVoicemail user for years and don't want to give that up

Also can the AIO wireless VM app be disabled or removed, if I have a none branded Moto X device, I'm not going to root this device, please advise thanks.

Last edited:

spencer88

Apr 19, 2010
Columbia, SC
You just set voicemail up in the settings of the phone app ad well as in the Google voice app and online in Google voice.

Sent from my XT1053 using Tapatalk

DJB628

Jul 4, 2010
South Florida
You just set voicemail up in the settings of the phone app ad well as in the Google voice app and online in Google voice.

Sent from my XT1053 using Tapatalk

Just to be sure, go to Settings/Calls/Call Forward, and over write the AIO number VM, to my GV number ?? That will only forward calls to GV voicemail, and not all calls to go through GV ??

DJB628

Jul 4, 2010
South Florida
I finally got the phone, and just noticed it does not have an LED light when charging, looks like that option can only be attained if rooted ??

DJB628

Jul 4, 2010
South Florida
I assume there is no way to adjust the resolution of a picture taken, you figure that would be something basic with a camera, what was Google thinking ?? who wants to always take a 10 MP picture, to big to email when need to email a bunch of pictures.

D

Darth

I finally got the phone, and just noticed it does not have an LED light when charging, looks like that option can only be attained if rooted ??

Theres an app kicking around to give you the charging light, but yeah....needs root.

I assume there is no way to adjust the resolution of a picture taken, you figure that would be something basic with a camera, what was Google thinking ?? who wants to always take a 10 MP picture, to big to email when need to email a bunch of pictures.

Lots of great camera apps on the playstore. I use "a better camera". And I've used camera fv-5 and pro camera. All good apps. ;)

Sent from my N5, N7, Moto X, G Tab 3 or S2.....

DJB628

Jul 4, 2010
South Florida
OK, another quick question, just received the notification for the 4.4.2 update, should I take it, or should I wait. Are there any issues, if I take this update will I be able to root if I decide to do so down the rood ?? Any feedback, I did some reading and seem to be getting mixed reviews. I will be on AIO wireless at the end of the month and from what I read I will need this update for proper MMS receiving.

GandalfTehGray

Jan 13, 2011
OK, another quick question, just received the notification for the 4.4.2 update, should I take it, or should I wait. Are there any issues, if I take this update will I be able to root if I decide to do so down the rood ?? Any feedback, I did some reading and seem to be getting mixed reviews. I will be on AIO wireless at the end of the month and from what I read I will need this update for proper MMS receiving.

If you purchased it through Sprint I believe you can get your bootloader unlock code for free anytime from the Moto website. It will void the warranty though. So root is available anytime.

http://xdaforums.com/moto-x/themes-apps/app-moto-x-led-control-tasker-t2602689 <- That is the link for getting the Led to function.

Reactions: DJB628

DJB628

Jul 4, 2010
South Florida
If you purchased it through Sprint I believe you can get your bootloader unlock code for free anytime from the Moto website. It will void the warranty though. So root is available anytime.

http://xdaforums.com/moto-x/themes-apps/app-moto-x-led-control-tasker-t2602689 <- That is the link for getting the Led to function.

No, it is not a Sprint device, I am on Sprint right now with my current Note II, I purchased the Moto X New AT&T branded and unlocked, so just want to make sure before I update it, I have not activated the device, will do so at end of month with AIO.

GandalfTehGray

Jan 13, 2011
No, it is not a Sprint device, I am on Sprint right now with my current Note II, I purchased the Moto X New AT&T branded and unlocked, so just want to make sure before I update it, I have not activated the device, will do so at end of month with AIO.

When you say unlocked you mean the Dev edition? Or carrier/sim unlocked?
If it is not the dev edition I would not update to 4.4.2 if you want root at any point in the future. You need to go through a method from 4.2: http://xdaforums.com/moto-x/orig-development/4-4-root-slapmymoto-1-0-motowpnomo-t2538896

DJB628

Jul 4, 2010
South Florida
If it is not the dev edition I would not update to 4.4.2 if you want root at any point in the future. You need to go through a method from 4.2: http://xdaforums.com/moto-x/orig-development/4-4-root-slapmymoto-1-0-motowpnomo-t2538896

Not Dev edition, Carrier Sin Unlocked. OK, I will wait until I activate my device to AIO and see if I get the MMS, if not then I will either root or take the update, but I am on 4.4 right now, so does that make a difference, or am I too late on rooting on 4.4, if I am too late them I might as well update ??

GandalfTehGray

Jan 13, 2011
Not Dev edition, Carrier Sin Unlocked. OK, I will wait until I activate my device to AIO and see if I get the MMS, if not then I will either root or take the update, but I am on 4.4 right now, so does that make a difference, or am I too late on rooting on 4.4, if I am too late them I might as well update ??

4.4 is fine. You can still downgrade to 4.2 for the root method, after that though it is not available.

DJB628

Jul 4, 2010
South Florida
4.4 is fine. You can still downgrade to 4.2 for the root method, after that though it is not available.

Got it thanks, I was just reading that, K I will decide, for now no need to update and i will see what I will do, not sure I need to root this, but will wait anyways and see what happens with AIO and MMS, thanks for all the info, cheers :good:

DJB628

Jul 4, 2010
South Florida

Well I guess not available for now, but might be available down the road, ;)

Still on the fence for updating though, I still have not taken the update, and still not sure I will need to root my device, I have always been rooted on most of my devices for the past years, but I really am not sure if I still need to be rooted, since I really don't tether, and using root apps are just for that, for the purpose of being rooted, LOL anyways, I am still on the fence.

GandalfTehGray

Jan 13, 2011
Well I guess not available for now, but might be available down the road, ;)

Still on the fence for updating though, I still have not taken the update, and still not sure I will need to root my device, I have always been rooted on most of my devices for the past years, but I really am not sure if I still need to be rooted, since I really don't tether, and using root apps are just for that, for the purpose of being rooted, LOL anyways, I am still on the fence.

I keep tether for emergencies mostly and Exposed.

DJB628

Jul 4, 2010
South Florida
A few more questions.

1) is it possible to sideload the Samsung Keyboard ?? without being rooted, is there such a thing or Keyboard.

2) Has anyone on AIO wireless been able to get tethering to work ?? without ROOT

aviwdoowks

Sep 18, 2012
A few more questions.

1) is it possible to sideload the Samsung Keyboard ?? without being rooted, is there such a thing or Keyboard.

2) Has anyone on AIO wireless been able to get tethering to work ?? without ROOT

You may install any kb you want from internal storage. Try it. I love smart keyboard pro.

DJB628

Jul 4, 2010
South Florida
Another thing I get being on AIO wireless is every now and then I get echo feedback often when my buddy calls me from his Sprint device, and I only have the echo. Any clue what is causing this and how to resolve other then hanging up and calling back. ?

Sent from my Moto X

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

A few more questions.

You may install any kb you want from internal storage. Try it. I love smart keyboard pro.