[ROM][4.4] Evervolv 4.0.0 [kitkat]

Search This thread

Arsalanzahoor

Aug 21, 2012
karachi
Moto G5 Plus
Pacman is less buggy but u must flash the latest recovery th OP uploaded

so i need to flash twrp 2.7.x to flash 4.4.4 roms? one of the comments of the twrp 2.7.x post says phone wont charge when powered off, thats fixed now or still a problem? cause im more than happy to stay at 4.2.2 if going for 4.4.4 means my phone can die because it will reach 0% battery while using at some point.

Alimataei

Dec 22, 2011
so i need to flash twrp 2.7.x to flash 4.4.4 roms? one of the comments of the twrp 2.7.x post says phone wont charge when powered off, thats fixed now or still a problem? cause im more than happy to stay at 4.2.2 if going for 4.4.4 means my phone can die because it will reach 0% battery while using at some point.

i remember when i used charger when off ,phone would turn on to recovery and charge

Reactions: Arsalanzahoor

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Sorry to hear about your Amaze! A JTAG should fix it if it could fix ravike14's Amaze from the same issue. :good:

We need more people that can compile stuff from source. We already have porters and ROM developers. It's like having the same food every day, not much variety. I think I'll learn how to compile sooner or later, I need to build a better PC though, an old Dell Inspiron 1545 will only go so far. lol

Afnan it's not as difficult as you think. I'm a 50yo truck driver with no formal education in computers. I'm completely self-taught. Heck back when I was in college there were no PCs, only mainframes, and had to drop the only computer class I ever took because I couldn't get the hang of punch cards (make one typo, get them out of order, or try to debug was impossible for me to deal with). That said, I've been running Gentoo Linux (which is compiled from the sources) as my exclusive OS since 2003. My only computer for the past 6-7 years is a Dell Precision M90 with a 2ghz Core2-Duo processor and 4GB of RAM. With that ancient setup it takes approx. 30hours to recompile my entire system, which includes the entire KDE suite, LibreOffice, the IceTea-Java development kit, and all of the required libraries and build dependencies. On my ancient setup it takes approx. 40 mins to compile a kernel from freshly updated sources. Subsequent kernel compilations are faster since only changes from the original build need to be made. I just got finished repartitioning my harddrive allocating more space to my /opt partition, so I can begin experimenting with kernel development and perhaps take a stab at some ROM development as well.

The point that I'm getting at is that it isn't that hard to roll your own operating system. Initial setup is the hard part. Once it's up and running most things are automatic. Using nice and setting priorities to the build processes allows me to be surfing the net and posting this reply while my system is seamlessly compiling and updating in the background.

You seem like a very bright and capable young man. I'm sure you could get the hang of it easily. If a self-taught old geezer like myself can do it you can too.

Ciao
    Does he have the source code for it anywhere because most of our stuff is opensource

Sent from my Nexus 4 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

not yet, since i have a limit for my internet connection i'll be uploading everything at once :)
    Jeepers, did any of the stuff help out for the mounting? There may need to be some kernel editing.

Sent from my HTC_Amaze_4G using xda app-developers app
    Art still doesn't work. Get stuck in a bootloop.

ok thx, I was not in the possibility to try it again and take the chance to stuck in a bootloop, like the first time.

---------- Post added at 04:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:59 PM ----------

***** I'll keep this list up to date by my personnal experience and with every updates we will receive. *****

Issues/not working*:
    - Random reboot (1-2 times/day, with the last update, nothing)
    - black status bar inapp
    - the stock Browser app doesn't work : uninstall Browser in system/apps with root access to stop error message
    - broken images in the preview screen (recent apps) : EDIT 13-11-21: Now, just a black square with the icon app.
    - SD card not working (internal and external SD)*: no root acces with Titanium, can't play music or video from the memory of the phone (main storage) and can't access the storage device on the PC via USB connection
    - Can't use ART runtime
    - Gallery and camera/camcorder seems to not working (on my device...)
    ---- EDIT build 13-11-21 : Now, it seems that these apps are working (can see through the camera), but the apps can't used the sd card for the storage... for this reason, they are not usable because it's impossible to take and save the pictures.

- black screen in Gmail and some other apps: unreadable emails because where it's supposed to be a text or image, it's a black screen/box. Same thing for the first screen at the launch of Hangouts, Drive and the articles in Currents are all black screens

- screenshot : can't take screenshot cause no storage and the preview is totally broken with a random collor, dots and lines
    - Music & video playback

Working*:
    - Auto-brightness
    - Bluetooth
    - Call (good quality, no echoes, no lag, good volume)
    - SMS/MMS
    - Data
    - wifi
    - GPS
    - NFC/Android Beam
    - Music & video playback
    - Translucent status bar on the homescreen
    - All the basics gapps like Chrome, Keep, Hangouts (SMS/MMS support), Play Music/Store/Books/Games/Movies, Google Now, ...
    - Speaker
    - Very good performance for the game like Subway Surf (need more space / SD card access/ to try bigger games like Need For Speed)
    - Wifi and data tethering is fast and works great
    - External SD card (not for the apps, just with an file explorer and via PC with USB connection)

This ROM is incredibly fast and smooth! Best ROM I seen and tried ever!

Thx to you jeepers!
    Sdcard

Hey, Jeepers, I have Information that the dominos liberty sense 5 rom succesfully mounts the sdcard correctly, you should look at it!

Some of the things I've figured out recently,
    1) Mtp has to be set up in the kernel
    2) build.prop has to have the correct setting for emmc phone fat and usb

If you want, I can pull the files, I have downloaded the rom, and I'll send you the files that I think you might need.

Chevy