Any news on E975 Kitkat ?

Search This thread

jordy1990

Dec 21, 2009
You could have asked in the already numerous threads about the KitKat update. In stead of making a different thread.

But to answer your question: nobody exactly knows, not even the different LG devisions. When I called LG BeNeLux they didn't even confirm that the E975 will receive the update.

optimus975

Mar 4, 2014
You could have asked in the already numerous threads about the KitKat update. In stead of making a different thread.

But to answer your question: nobody exactly knows, not even the different LG devisions. When I called LG BeNeLux they didn't even confirm that the E975 will receive the update.

I would have if the other threads meant for this weren't talking about how to install the ported ROM from F series on E975...just wanted a cleaner thread where ppl can update any news of when it will be released

Reactions: e34v8

e34v8

Mar 8, 2011
^Yes to that! There are so many threads for KK update, but they are flooded with information, news, instructions about f180 l/s/k.

jordy1990

Dec 21, 2009
I would have if the other threads meant for this weren't talking about how to install the ported ROM from F series on E975...just wanted a cleaner thread where ppl can update any news of when it will be released

Well there is indeed a lot of discussion about F180 KitKat in these threads, hadn't looked at it from that perspective.

optimus975

Mar 4, 2014
does anyone know about the release date for this ?? fed up of waiting...

Does LG have no idea of how many international optimus G phones it has sold to give it some priority over other phones..?

why is it taking so long after announcing the release of Kitkat for Optimus G to actually reach out to general public..

jordy1990

Dec 21, 2009
Has LG yet confirmed that KitKat will be coming to all OG's? In my country LG tells me that they don't know anything about an update. Only the SFR OG will be getting the update this month.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn LG-E975 met Tapatalk

ksio89

May 1, 2013
I have a question: from what I know, the E977 variant (sold here in Brazil and some south american countries), only differ from the international E975 model in LTE band (Brazil currently uses 2600 MHz and 700 MHz is under testing).

I don't believe LG will release KK 4.4.2 update here, so if the E975 model gets an update and mine does not, is it possible to flash E975 KK 4.4.2 firmware and then just flash a baseband/modem package to make it compatible with LTE frequency in my country? Thanks in advance.

prog19

Apr 29, 2012
I have a question: from what I know, the E977 variant (sold here in Brazil and some south american countries), only differ from the international E975 model in LTE band (Brazil currently uses 2600 MHz and 700 MHz is under testing).

I don't believe LG will release KK 4.4.2 update here, so if the E975 model gets an update and mine does not, is it possible to flash E975 KK 4.4.2 firmware and then just flash a baseband/modem package to make it compatible with LTE frequency in my country? Thanks in advance.

A leaked email from LG brasil hinted us that update is coming in July. The same email has hinted the month of the update for G2 and it accurate. Also the Brazilian LG site affirms that the OG be updated.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using XDA Premium HD app

alexmartinsrj

LG has always confirmed on your website thats the update is comming...
Just check the page of OG on lge.com.br and you will see "Guaranted upgrade to kitkat".

And will dont need wait for 975kk rom. You can flash the F180K sling 2.1 rom whiout any problems. Just bacckup your modem and the EFS partition and you will be safe.
Beleave-me, im using Sling right now on our E977 from Brasil

Enviado de meu LG-E977 usando Tapatalk

ksio89

May 1, 2013
Well, I'm glad LG will release KK update for E97x models. The info about a update on E977 page at LG website must be new then. I've already backed up modem (and created a flasheable update) and the 3 EFS partitions via Freegee (I have a freegee folder on PC as well), so I'll try this ROM.

Thanks for the reply, really good to see LG showing respect towards the consumer.

grrrr_unt

Jun 9, 2012
I believe that LG has already released the E975 updates to the carriers for testing. SFR France reported that they were already testing the E975 kitkat build. (See source below.) They included a photo, and said the update should come in June.

http://smartphones.sfr.fr/android/lg-optimus-g-kitkat-test/

Sent from another dimension in another timeline

Attachments

• 1402167189685.jpg
    1402167189685.jpg
    64.5 KB · Views: 591
Reactions: alluebin

optimus975

Mar 4, 2014
I believe that LG has already released the E975 updates to the carriers for testing. SFR France reported that they were already testing the E975 kitkat build. (See source below.) They included a photo, and said the update should come in June.

http://smartphones.sfr.fr/android/lg-optimus-g-kitkat-test/

Sent from another dimension in another timeline

Ok...but this is still E97520a...where is the 30C series which launched for F180L phones?? I guess 20a will certainly be less than 30c in respect to some features

kt-Froggy

Sep 14, 2012
YVR
Samsung Galaxy Note II
LG G8
Ok...but this is still E97520a...where is the 30C series which launched for F180L phones?? I guess 20a will certainly be less than 30c in respect to some features
The version numbering is different between models and regions, depending on the initial version of the release. V20a might be updated to newer subversions (b/c/whatever), but there will be no V30x for E975.

guidoido004

Feb 1, 2011
São Paulo
twitter.com
The version numbering is different between models and regions, depending on the initial version of the release. V20a might be updated to newer subversions (b/c/whatever), but there will be no V30x for E975.

In some countries it comes as v30,in Brazil will be "v20... ", as it already came with official jellybean when released, the number and letter of the versions is totally variable from place to place, and I believe this French version will come with what v30d from Asia have and maybe even with some more stuff.

I'm agreeing with you, just making a point here, lol.

Enviado de meu LG-E975 usando Tapatalk

Top Liked Posts