Nook color won't power on

Search This thread

zizoty

May 14, 2009
I know there's a lot of thread about nook color not power on and i have searched the forum. My nook color won't power and i cant get into CWR or see the boot animation "the future of reading". I charged my nook over night and tried to hold down the POWER button for more than 20 seconds but without luck. I also tried to load from the sd card but the computer wouldnt recognize my nook since theres no power. Any help before i return this to BN since I'm still within the 14 days period?

therealguppy

Oct 27, 2010
I know there's a lot of thread about nook color not power on and i have searched the forum. My nook color won't power and i cant get into CWR or see the boot animation "the future of reading". I charged my nook over night and tried to hold down the POWER button for more than 20 seconds but without luck. I also tried to load from the sd card but the computer wouldnt recognize my nook since theres no power. Any help before i return this to BN since I'm still within the 14 days period?

Wait what do you mean by "I also tried to load from the sd card but the computer wouldnt recognize my nook since theres no power."

Have you Burned a CWR SD card yet and tried to boot off the SD card???

Chances are you have just screwed up your boot Partition and while the Nook will power on your not going to get anywhere or see the screen come on if the boot is messed up.

Please FULLY Read. http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=949699

If you have done everything to the letter on that thread, then you might have A hardware issue that will need to be exchanged but 99% of "nook wont boot" problems are just problems with the internal memory being messed up and a CWR SD card can fix it.

zizoty

May 14, 2009
I burned 8gb recovery image into the sd-card and it work. The key to get it work is to plug the usb to your nook first and then to the computer. After you plug into the computer, HOLD POWER AND N BUTTON FOR 20 SECONDS!!!!!!. thanks everyone!

ChrisAlt

Mar 16, 2011
Muenster
Nook Color: no power on - Battery to low, but no charging possible

I've got a Nook Color via ebay Germany and I rooted it (Autonooter).
For a few weeks I had a great device!!
2 days ago - battery was low - I wanted to have a look onto the worldnews, just for a few minutes. At this moment a software update (from B&N?) began to work.
After this battery was completely empty.
And since this moment I cannot charge or boot my NC.
From time to time there is the Android starting screen with robot or, sometimes, the note, that battery is too low to power on - please wait 15 minutes.
What can I do? Now I'm waiting and charging 2280 minutes.
I'm using original B&N-cable in wall or computer an tried other micro-usb's.
Restore to stock witout power - I don't know how it works. I'm bloody beginner in Android devices and was so glad, that my rooting (with a lot of helpful threads and youtube videos) was successful.
The last 2 days I read a lot of clockwork and restore to stock. How do it work without power?
Please could someone help me? Thanks!!

ChandlerC

Jan 15, 2011
I had the same problem, I let it sit for a while and re-tried powering on after about an hour and it worked. Good luck.